Why Forcibly make the grind longer for Alts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Jun 29, 2015.

1. XODUIS Committed Player

Haven't played in a while, so excuse me. But other games with Shared Storage usually allow you transfer gear also. This would greatly decrease the grind for players who want to make new alts. No one wants to spend another 6+ months getting their new alt to where the old one is (Even longer with all the new DLC). One extremely easy way to shorten the grind would be allow us to give our other characters gear we don't use. I have just a ton of old Healer and Tank gear my Alts could greatly use for when they hit 30. What do you gain by making us grind all over again? I just made a new Alt to finally try out all the powers i got that came with DLC and thought i'd at least be able to run FoS again (My favorite raid), this time as a healer. Is this some super complicated plot to ultimately force us to buy a Respec?
    • Like x 5
  2. rolando nacanna Well-Known Player

yes...but other games have a lot of levelsand xp to grind.dcuo is all about gear to level up.
    we don't need that.if you don't have time for alts don't create them.
    • Like x 6
  3. XODUIS Committed Player

We don't need that? Have you checked the population Thread? People are leaving like crazy. It's stuff like this that makes people quit the game. Your telling me, that if i don't have 6+ Months to commit, i shouldn't even make an alt? That's such a lazy excuse. I already put in my time with my other two characters. Destiny is all gear based, but it still allows people to share gear between alts.
    • Like x 5
  4. Delta795 New Player

You can take a fresh toon of the ship and be CR100 in a matter of days not 6+ months
    It's been done and threads created on it from several people.
    • Like x 9
  5. rolando nacanna Well-Known Player

people i know didn't left the game for alts.....i have 6 alts,all of them are 114+,but now when i log in i don't care about my alts,i care about my friends....all offline.
  6. XODUIS Committed Player

I was just on and i didn't see anyone shouting/making for a Raid (Maybe it's too early, im on USPS Villain BTW). And a lot of those guides require you to be carried through every raid(Which back in the day, people charged real life money for), which due to the low population is hard to find.

I dunno, maybe im just whining but for returning players we just like to ease into the game, not fully commit yet.
    • Like x 1
  7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

It won't take 6 months. You can speed the pRocess up with friends abd replays. Not sure since gu 47 how long it will take but the last time I did it I went from ship to t6 in 4 days with less than 100 replay badges. The trick is finding people to carry your squishy *** through content
  8. XODUIS Committed Player

Not entirely a fan of Replay Badges. Made a thread about them forever ago, link: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/replay-badge-noob-helper.164336/

And before you call me a hypocrite, the reason i want to cut the grind is to play Raids i already know the mechanics of, not new ones. Also, Alts are okay, not brand new players with money to blow.
  9. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Tier 4 takes like a day or two to get. Hit up the Morrow Bots, Wayward, Inner sanctum, and your almost to tier 5. Get the 2 raids with some friends or league and your looking even better. Use some reply badges and T5 very fast. Then talk to Donna Troy and get the Raven Mission. If you can use replay badges and get all the T5 gear in like an hour or so. Now get to the Lanterns and have fun :)
  10. Kal~el Committed Player

If they allowed you to trade gear among your alts then your alts would never have to play any content. All you would need to do is pass your T7 gear off to an alt and they are now ready for end game content.

Even if you made the dropped gear tradeable and the toon having to meet the cr requirement would not stop anyone from passing down lower drop gear so the alts could meet the requirement.

The only way you could possibly do this is make it mandatory to purchase a full set of gear to get to the next cr. I think I would even be opposed to this idea.
  11. XODUIS Committed Player

The point of me sharing gear with my Alts IS to play with them. What you said made no sense. I don't understand how brand new players buying their way to the top is acceptable but Vets giving unused gear to an Alt isn't. There's zero point in trading gear to an Alt only to NOT use him. My main is a Troll but my Alt is a healer. I have Healer gear i can't use and my Alt needs it. What's the problem?
    • Like x 1
  12. XODUIS Committed Player

Also, leveling a new Alt is extremely annoying due to no one even making a group for stuff under T6
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Considering gear is DCUO's only grind. No to your idea, it would hurt the game more than help considering many people put in extra time for alts, and this would greatly reduce that time.
    • Like x 1
  14. XODUIS Committed Player

I 100% don't understand how everyone is behind the idea of PAYING to skip content, but trading gear to Alts is a no-no. The people above just said you can reach CR100 in a matter of DAYS but yet that didn't phase you at all. But me suggesting that players who already put in enough work giving gear to Alts is taboo? Do you see the broken logic here?

When Replay Badges were introduced, there WAS NO GRIND. People could reach the highest CR in a day if they had the money (Which they did when i was still playing)
    • Like x 3
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I'm down for anything that makes alts more desirable.

Look at it this way. The time invested is the same as if they had one character. Which is primarily what most people have, are one character.
    You HAVE TO run the content to get the gear.
    It's no different than the 78 vault/lockbox jewelry.
    • Like x 2
  16. ThatsFatal New Player

I've seen nothing of this other than people being carried there by friends or league mates. I just came back about a week ago and if not for a great group of league mates there is no way I'd be CR 100.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kal~el Committed Player

It does make sense. I have a 125 cr healer and all I would have to do is run the New Genysis or Happiness raids and pass the unattuned gear down to my other alts. Heck I could even pass the 108 gear down to them if I got a 110 piece of gear to take its place. Therefore my alts would never have to play the content to earn their gear and then they could all be 125 cr within days.
  18. XODUIS Committed Player

Then why even have an Alt if you're never going to play with him? I want to pass the gear down so i CAN play the content with him. All i wanna do is skip the nonsense that only add to the grind.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

The content is still ran. lol

If it takes 12x to run a raid to get the gear for a full set. (Lucky drops.) You just ran the content 12x. Which alt gets to run, doesn't matter.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

You just noted the down side. If you aren't running content to level, there are less people to play with while leveling. Though, the changes to relevancy, that probably took a hit anyways.