"Dcuo is dying" Reviving ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

Hello everyone, this has been a very emotional week lately from this game is dying to Gu 47 killing Dcuo, so why dont we as supporters of this game express how do we really feel and help improve the game we love and play, its a obvious that those who make quit, Dcuo death threads are either, inexperienced players that haven't figured the game out by now or players that loves this game and would hate to see it fall or die.

I think any differences we have about the success of this game also should be taken in consideration, like for example I hate both Wm and Am, while someone may chim in and explain how he or she love Wm or Am.

My solution to that would be that Wm can stay but just remove the damage buff from it, and Am can stay just keep it for Pve, and nerf the damage for pvp, that should still help those Am pvp users who likes that extra damage because they perform the intended rotation of that Am, just wont hit hard as before.

So can you Dcuo players come togethor and express differences among eachouther without name callings or personal attacks.

Disscuss Away.......
    • Like x 4
  2. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Overall:
    Gotta change the monetization structure. Hardcore premiums are discouraged from buying legendary while long time legendary are discouraged from playing the game entirely if they lose that legendary.

Premium + is a good way to solve this issue. Premium + is purely based on money spent and DLCs bought. The more money you spend the better your benefits.

PvE:
    Pending. Gotta see what the monthly content will be like first

PvP:
    1. Take out AMs
    2. Take out or balance WM
    3. Leader Boards
    4. Promotional Arenas
    5. Scaled Arena Rewards
    • Like x 17
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I don't think DCUO is dying or dead.

At all.
    • Like x 19
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The biggest thing I can advise for PvP is to build a community and separate PvE and PvP entirely. A spectator mode would be amazing and the separation of PvP and PvE completely would enable PvP to slowly move to a better place of balance.
    • Like x 18
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

Well, would you like to see some improvements? If so what are they.
  6. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I don't think it's dying either. But it's getting worse for people like me.
    • Like x 3
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Hmmmmm.

Personally I would like more love given to support roles. I would like for 1-2-2-3 (or 2-2-2-2) to become the norm again for raids.

However, I have no idea how to make raids do this other than forming my own groups. /shrug

...also I want transmutation to be given back its ability blow stuff up...and shard of life to stun adds in pve content.
    • Like x 8
  8. Juxes Committed Player

- Eliminate the scoreboard. Just have " You completed ___ Raid and give every one a gold sticker or some **** idk.
    - No more Dps updates after Nature/Elec/HL gets its turn
    - Fix bugs thats been plaguing this game for eternity. Rolling after revive and random HUD disappearing are a couple right off the bat.
    - Revamp the Controller role or make more content that actually requires controllers to crowd control. And no, one add out of dozen that needs controlling doesn't count.
    - Get rid of power overriding.
    - Separate Tank and Controller Crowd control effects
    - Separate PvP from PvE
    - Put more stuff in the damn Marketplace and stop making your damn revenue all about replays and recovery kits and power respec tokens. It getting really really damn old.
    • Like x 14
  9. seek76 Committed Player

I like WM and AM. I like not having to be dependent on one or the other. I like the instant power back, not a fan of power regeneration.
    I would like to see the damage out on scorecards reflect only the boss fights. I would like all the buggy feats to get fixed( probably just dreaming here). I would like to see a style vendor put in, where once a month they would add a new style that is earnable by marks to everyone not restricted to just new content. Just some ideas.
    • Like x 3
  10. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Well, with the old Marks system I saw a lot more people playing than with this new one. That's just my observation.
    • Like x 10
  11. MercPony Devoted Player

I actually feel there are a lot of things that could use improvements but these are a select few things that I think would help improve the game. Also I don't feel the game is dying but I can see why a lot are deterred from wanting to play it (including myself).

*Mark Relevancy: There are people that don't see a problem with this but my only issue is the amount of content it applies to. I think it would work better stretched out a few more tiers.
    *Stat Flattening: Makes older content feel like a chore now (especially Hand of Fate and Origin Crisis raids), making it harder for new players to complete content because end tier players are driven away from it (also paired with the issue of Mark Relevancy). The chance at styles isn't good enough for some people.
    *Score Board: This doesn't even need to be in the game, really. At least not in the form it has been in. It tends inflate egos are cause toxicity among some groups of people due to it highlighting damage out. I get that people use it to measure personal progress but they could implement a private score board only showing your numbers for that and make itrelevant to your role.

Most of the other issues I've had have been highlighted by other players as well. Juxes above post and TrueGODofMarvel actually sums those up.
    • Like x 4
  12. Ghostof91 New Player

Those new hair styles from the new contents should be in the market place, as well as some of those gears like miracle cape.
    • Like x 3
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

idk where you play but on uspc i have seen a huge drop in players and q times are longer than ever and some of the older instances never start at all and on the villain side its practically unplayable because no one is ever on the villain side.A year ago i could q something and it would start almost right away but now depending on what i q i can wait up to 2 hours for it to start if it starts at all.Maybe the games not dead yet but if something is not done soon it will be.
    • Like x 8
  14. BumblingB I got better.

3 HEALERS?! ZOMG! THE DAMAGE FROM THE BOSSES!

It's always funny how there is no standard spot for each of the numbers for what we describe as group makeup. I personally always do Tank, DPS, Troll, Heal. lol
    • Like x 4
  15. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I agree with all that. PvP just keeps getting worse because of changes meant for PvE.
    • Like x 3
  16. seek76 Committed Player

How did you get 3 heals out of that? I read it like this 1 tank 2 trolls 2 heals 3 dps. Is that last spot in the 1-2-2-3 undefined now or have I always read it wrong. Starting to wonder now hmmm
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I have noticed a lot of different ways people put them. That was the joke! lol

3-1-2-2
    1-3-2-2
    1-2-3-2
    1-2-2-3

lol No standard, just how people want to write it.
  18. seek76 Committed Player

Gotcha.
  19. ApolloMystique New Player

the game is dying...i think the release of eso is a big blow...i myself havent touched dcuo since...i might drop by every now and then to see what's new tho...i hope they make use of all the abilities in a power for the AM...have customization on the level of champions online (or is it city of heroes? the one with the awesome customization)
    • Like x 6
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

I like the stat flattening for t4 and up its fun again for me also nice to see you posting again
    • Like x 3