fire request: make overheat part of AM

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ApolloMystique, Jun 7, 2015.

1. ApolloMystique New Player

please! it fits in well with inferno
  2. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

It doesn't need it. Inferno needed power back to be viable again at this point, overheat doesn't really cost anything and they're not really upping the damage as they should.
  3. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Yes fire does nee overheat as part of the AM........ If Enflame gets AM treatement. Overheat should get AM treatment
    • Like x 2
  4. ApolloMystique New Player

it needs it as part of the am
  5. Stark23 Committed Player

It doesn't make or break the AM. From what I'm seeing/reading the major issues were taken care of.
  6. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

If it doesn't matter either way, I fail to see why people are saying it shouldn't be added.
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

Because there's no point. There are powers in every power sets AM that some will put on their rotation that aren't included in AM, that's personal preference. Your entire bar doesn't have to be included in the AM. Just asking to ask now. I got one, I'm going to need RSK included in the AM.
    • Like x 1
  8. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Than take off Enflame and replace it with overheat. Enflame doesn't make sense eanyway
    • Like x 1
  9. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Yup, I mean the only thing that Enflame has over Overheat is that it's DOT lasts a little longer right?
  10. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Also, I learned this the hard way(first ever fire revamp). When you are making suggestions for a on-going power revamp update. You NEVER ask for the bare minimum. Because that is exactly what you will get, If not less. You ask for more. The devs are smart enough to know what is needed and what is not. Let them decide. But if you tell the Devs you want the bare minimum, they have no problem giving it to you.

This request will not make Fire OP at all. in fact if you look on the test server Fire's power regen is INFERIOR to the regen of Ice and Gadgets.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...re-am-improvements.253782/page-4#post-3289606

Don't ask for the bare minimum. If you do, that's what you'll get.
    • Like x 3
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

To this point no one has publicly posted a comparison of running OH vs not running OH. If it doesn't parse higher results with OH in no one is going to run it anyway.

Highly disappointed in the testing so far. But, hey just ask for powers to be added.
  12. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I am not disappointed but it could be better. I will say this: The amount of people actually testing This fire update is a vast improvement over recent years. The devs killed the fire community with the first fire revamp and the tank healing nerf. We are slowly recovering but I know some of the past fire updates suffered from the lack of experienced fire users on test.
    • Like x 1
  13. ??? Well-Known Player

What´s the point of comparing Oh vs not OH rotations? At the end, you can just isolate and test OH vs Enflame to see which one provides higher dps. :rolleyes:
  14. ??? Well-Known Player

More dissapointed at the fire community self imposing limits on how fire should work. Might as well this could be our last chance to either improve fire or go home.

Increase every single Am (MD; FC;FB), make Inmolation PI useful.
    • Like x 1
  15. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

With the exception of a few seasoned testers, I kind of agree with you. However, here's my philosophy: if you're not satisfied with the testing thus far, then as the old saying goes: "If you want something done right you've got to do it yourself." ;) If someone cares enough about how this revamp goes, then they should be an active part of the process and not just sit on the sidelines and criticize people who are volunteering their time to work on this. (Even if this person is PS and/or premium: a $15 investment for one month could pay HUGE dividends in the future for someone who really cares about Fire.) This goes for everyone: the more testers we have the better off Fire will be.

Speaking of which, I finally have some free time and will be testing heavily for the next couple of days. I will try to do my part to help put Fire back in line with the other powers.
    • Like x 4
  16. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I probably would have but my $300(actually probably less) laptop can't run DC smoothly at all. Thankfully Cyberpunk has been a big help. True there is nothing like hands on testing, but when you know a power as well as some of us do, seeing it in action can be effective as well.
  17. ??? Well-Known Player

Could you focus in comparing damage among powers and how they stand against other powersets? (Fire Am vs Mental Am vs Ice Am vs Quantum AM vs Munitions Am....). Seems most people is just expecting testers to provide a competitive rotation, rather than compare fire vs other powersets.

If you see better numbers in test server, it might seem an improvement compared against live server, but that does not mean it will be better or competitive against top notch powers. So instead of providing rotations, please compare with different powersets. Respec tokens are free for testers.
  18. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

I only play as Fire so my knowledge of the other powers is extremely limited. However, if veterans of other powers are willing to provide me with the absolute best DPS rotations (melee and range as I will be testing both), then I will fit those kind of tests into my schedule. Nothing less than the best rotations: anything else and it wouldn't be an accurate gauge for comparisons. I would prefer powers that are completely might-based: Quantum, Mental, etc. Also, no rotations that involve inserting weapon attacks: they introduce variables that will result in erroneous comparisons. (For example, Scissor Kick is the move du jour. However, we all know its damage will be adjusted downwards. There would be no point comparing Fire's rotations to an obviously glitched weapon attack.)

My testing will focus mainly on finding issues or bugs in Fire's powers, but comparisons will also be a part of what I do.

Of course, more testers doing stuff like this would be much more helpful. ;)
  19. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

I hear ya. My 8-year-old PC is unable to record video while playing DCUO, so I have to rely on screen caps which some people will not consider good enough for testing. (If this update were to have occurred two months from now, I'd have that new PC to record video.)

Anyway I've completely derailed this thread. Please carry on discussing Overheat. ;)
  20. Stark23 Committed Player

I didn't say anything about comparing OH to Enflame.