Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Basil Hayden New Player

I'm looking for help understanding the Fury. In content where there is a Punisher or the boss has a damage reflect mechanism (like in Wonder Woman in Love and War, I think), will Fury's attack trigger them? How do you keep Fury from killing you and teammates in this situation? I usually run as a healer but have been trying to dps more lately as the league i'm in is healer heavy. I hope this isn't too much of a noob question and i'm sorry if this has been answered in a different thread already. If it has, would you mind just reposting that thread? Thanks you very much. I really appreciate guides like these they are very helpful to people like me who don't understand the mechanics as well as the more skilled players.
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Easiest answer is punisher has an aoe if no one is standing in that area no one dies no matter how many times someone hits her. She does not move after she starts absorbing your hits so tank can roll out of her area and pull the other adds.
  3. WildcatHunter Committed Player

For ww you just put fury away its only one fight I know some quantum dps have trouble with starting their time bomb and having no way to stop it.
  4. winter13 New Player

I ran my normal loadout last night for the first time, and was putting out a fraction of the damage in lab that I normally do. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing. I'm going to test out the fury changes tonight, to see if that is now a viable alternative to the "old" weapon mastery loadout.
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yeah wm send horrid now.
  6. Anti Bezz New Player

Old school sorc master back to help and chat. Going back the sorc and testing out both wm n am atm am seems to have a little stretch imo. It's also more fun imo as well, once I get my 110hb I'll be a happy camper.
    SW COD GS FURY SOL OFF
    what I use and so far seems to be grrat. Obviously not smashing quantum ppl that know how to click buttons smartly but can definitely keep up somewhat with them.
    As for healing
    SW REJUV WATCHER BOS SOL RW
    works great for me and I have 0 issue with soloing, but for HH I want to see how AOD would be cause of the power issue you can get with a solo troll.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proto1118 Committed Player

Hmm, no CoP. Pretty ballsy. I never would have thought of not have it in a load out. It would just feel weird as it's probably Sorcery's main move. :)
    I can see why you would drop it though. When I was Sorcery before, sometimes I would drop CoP on the group and no one would take damage when it was up. Or when it was dropped on the tank, people would be too afraid or didn't know to just touch the circle and then back up.
  8. Anti Bezz New Player

Honestly just tired of a nice hot that feels wasted. I can keep ppl up with straight burst like elec, so kinda went that route, but I get what your saying. First time healing without it was weird, but extremely effective.
    • Like x 3
  9. afvc623 New Player

anyone else doing less damage with wm dps rotation now?
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yes wm seems weaker now.
  11. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Only reason that quantum is so far ahead right now is that max dmg mod is sometimes adding a 120%+ modifier. I look for it to be fixed soon
    • Like x 1
  12. Anti Bezz New Player

Still most likely won't beat them anyways. Right now munitions can beat a sorc easy and quantum broken as it is can beat munitions. In order for sorc imo to be able to beat top tier powers sets is for offering to have less of a cooldown. That alone can help out quite a bit. I'd love for us to be able to clip with offering again as well, but oh well
  13. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Not just that but Fury got quite the unfair treatment on test.
    it need to hit for 21k again
  14. AnointedPlague Active Player

what are u guys talking about ? I've been out dpsing ppl with 5+ crs above. Sorc is top tier right now, fury has been amazing.
  15. Anti Bezz New Player

Then your going against very bad ppl. Sorc is good but a smart munitions can easily 3mil a sorc easy, and until quantum gets fixed they will beat sorc anyday. Of course I'm only talking about actual good players using these powers. Not just random pugs.
  16. Anti Bezz New Player

I actually get 19k crits quite often atm.
  17. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Pets dont crit lol.

Are you like extra close up though?
  18. Anti Bezz New Player

ha used to seeing big numbers as crits lmao, but yes and no. Even far away I have seen 18k just tonight in hh
  19. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Yeah. It used to be higher on test.
    but that's probably due to your cr brackets. What's your cr atm?

It would be nice to have the pets crit though. :)
    I do like your rotation. Maybe you should post in the feedback thread man.
    Sorcery is lacking in certain areas and you know the power well.
    Whizz Kid should be posting there too lol.
  20. Anti Bezz New Player

125 atm and I'll try and see what happens. In hh sorc am is great cause you do dmg even if you gotta run hit telwporting etc.
    • Like x 1