Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Saybro Committed Player

Yeah, I was looking at thebno weapon controlling. Want to see how that works.
  2. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

The self power regen is based off of your carried weapon. That's why BR and TH are so effective for it. It's slightly slower for building to tier 3 than BR WM. But can still be used effectively. It's nice to constantly apply different types of CC on enemies. The one thing to probably note is in content where you have to stun something(Manhunters, V lanterns, Neophytes etc) use power stuns. The combo stuns behave like weapon CC and won't have as long a duration.

If you have any questions feel free.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah just do what Dr. Strange told you. That's exactly how I run stuff. I utilize both no weapon controlling and BR>SS according to the situation.
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I've been testing out high damage no weapon controlling loadouts. Trying to nail down different options. Sticking to the premise that each loadout would be used in Raid end game type content. I'm carrying PoT, IPH, Def Debuff, Shield, Power Return SC. I spec into a Heal Debuff for content where that would be relevant.

I've had the highest parsers with
    IMP, Recharge, Inspiration, Light Blast, Light Barrier, Vacuum Bubble

For full range controlling using the LB>MG>RAM>FAN>IMP>LB Rotation.

Next was(very close)
    IMP, RC, CH, LB, LB, VB

This gives me both the LB>MG>ST>LB and LB>MG>RAM>FAN>IMP>LB rotation's.

The damage was fairly closed.

The highest troller loadout I found mixed WM and Combo'ing for Damage in support stance.

I carried
    IMP, RC, SQ, WT, LB, VB ( a player could swap out WT for LB if they wanted).

On a side note I'm also happy to see Impact is critting on all 2(3) ticks for me when used as a WM finisher.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

So is WM still beating out pure no weapon controlling? In terms of damage?
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I'm seeing a pure WM loadout edging out NWC in terms of damage. A hybrid use of both is dealing the best damage for me though.

The highest damaging troller loadout I've used is the IMP>RC>INS>LB>LB>VB.

Rotation
    WM>IMP>GH/INS/RC>LB>MG>RM>FAN>IMP>LB>BG/RC/INS>WM>RC>WM>IMP>GH>FN>IMP>LB>BG/RC>WM>RC/INS

That's an example of course. Figuring for a high health mostly single target boss type encounter. A controller would adjust to the group for power dumps.
  7. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Wow, I haven't been in here in forever. :)

Been hearing that the clip-happiness is making a comeback. Going to have to retry those loadouts again. I know before we got the combo AM option, I was using GH/Fan>HC/GH as all 3 of those powers utilize the dazed interaction.

A leaguemate and I have been wondering about Melee options. It likely wouldn't be viable in raids on the bosses just because death is bad. But, for solos and duos...we're a little jealous of the rage stuff. Anyone tried anything out there? I'm thinking you'd go clip instead of infinite combo.
  8. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Rok has some vid's for the clipping stuff he did right after the update. Probably page 4 or 5.

The clipping AM is okay. It really shines in single target and stays competitive in that situation. In AoE situations it tends to get dusted.
    That said its still fun to use. It can also be used as a support DPS where you spec more heavily into ViT and get extra power return which can then be dumped to the team. The power return from dazing scales with ViT. I think in area's where we can get interrupted a lot it can be very good(like the shield room in FE).

I use the clipping AM mostly when I feel like it. Its still fun to play with. The main time it would seem to be advantageous to me is situations where we'll be in the ramp up time a lot or if your going for more of a support DPS still helping a solo controller or no controller situation.
  9. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Just to be clear with most folks who may not watch Shiny's thread. Post GU 47 Core Strength is better for most situations to use as a chest mod. Penetrating strikes will do better if the enemy has unusually higher defense.
  10. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Assuming most people have been looking through the threads they've probably seen a lot of post about Light being weak now. While its not horrible it is showing to be weaker in DPS potential comparatively to other sets. We can still out DPS other crappy players but Light is showing from comparison to be low to mid tier in DPS.

Please post your info if your using the parser. No Trinkets, No Super Charge and No Soders. Post if this is on AoE targets or Single Targets. Post your rotation and method used for DPS.

Currently I've done all my testing on single targets. All of the testing shows that Light is weaker currently. Our Melee AoE rotation is only doing 139 DPS more than the Range rotation. It's not worth the risk.

The clipping AM is only competitive at single target and still isn't much better than the Combo AM.

Overall we probably need some small tweaks but it would go a long way to help to provide data and proof.

Please provide your info if you can.
  11. spedog Active Player

Has anyone brought this thread to the attention of the Devs or the HL vs. Munitions thread up in the other section? I find it hard to believe that after all the work that I read being done with the parser and presenting them with hard numbers that they would just continue to turn a blind eye to us over and over, but I have yet to see them address it in any threads, the live feed, or any threads that they would have started themselves, and the silence is frustrating. It either means that they see the problem as well and just don't care (which I choose not to believe), or there has been a mistake regarding HL and they don't want to admit it or can't think of a fair way to fix it. Which is it?
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

We have been trying to bring it up with data and information but sometimes it's hard to get their attention and their agreement. I'm currently trying to work a detailed post to send to the developers on the issues with HL DPSing right now.
    • Like x 1
  13. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Updated controller defense debuff section to reflect changes post GU 47. Defense debuffs in PvE will lower defense by 33% effectively lowering most NPC from 15 % armor to 10%.
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Hello, what's currently the best loadout for 1v1 and 2v2 for PVP?
  15. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Just wanted to update you guys that there is a method going around that involves weaponization and picking up objects to DPS. In GU47 they updated it to scale with CR.

Since we can throw Light Weight to a nearby wall then we can use it as a object to throw and it will hit very hard similar to a Quantum Time Bomb. If you see nearby cars or objects to pick up then they will also hit hard since it will be counted as a weaponized object. Again not the most conventional way of DPSing but it's another option like anything else.

I haven't tested it to see if it was bug with Light Weight or if I can pickup cars and objects and hit for a similar range. I PMed a couple devs to see if this was intended.
    • Like x 1
  16. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Just made a thread about why hl got no love and gadget and ice did :( , all I got was hate comments and everyone telling me to stop crying and get in line
    • Like x 1
  17. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I think that's dependent on how you play but I would suggest a power lunge(claw,boxing gloves, or chainsaw), Chompers or SQ are good for WM and setting up power return which is good since PvP can be a power drain; Triage is another tool for no healer(It's also a 50% damage mod); Then Light Barrier for an additional breakout.

Most PvP is played at melee range especially in smaller map PvP so I suggest building around that.

Typically I'll try to get someone to bait on a counter then cast SQ>CS>MG>WT> at this point I'll try to read the opposition since to decide what I'm gonna do. Whether that's continue combo'ing or use basic weapon attacks. I also use GH>Fan(or LB). I wouldn't suggest relying solely on combo's but would recommend blending the AM damage with basic attacks and WM for the best safe damage you can pull off.

So to conclude I suggest a loadout of

Claws(Chainsaw or Boxing), Triage, Light Barrier, Spike Quake, GH(I like this to pull flyers outta the air), Light Weight.

Side Note - If using Light Weight use it on a counter. It is vulnerable to block. When thrown it'll scale it's damage off of CR so it can deal decent damage. It is extremely vulnerable to block.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions.
  18. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Edited to remove grammatic error -

I suggest not using LW in that way it's going to throw off the actual damage Light is showing to do. It's clearly not intended.

However if using this INS, NvB, Might Smashing, and Super Strength will improve the damage a thrown Light Weight can do. That's detailed in the Power section(or was I think it still is).
  19. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I'll post you more detailed numbers and a comparison to mental from this project me and a few guys are doing on balancing. We basically took people proficient with specific powers and had a base cr and sp spec and ran them through various parses. HL got crushed by a lot of powers. I'll get you my numbers this weekend. Want them here for everyone to use?[/quote]

That's fine. Post here or PM I'll get it either way and send that over with the info. Basically that's what I've tried to do with several League Mates as well. Having more actual data to prove there's a discrepancy will help.

I'm less interested in asking them to change it now but just want to hear that its recognized and will be addressed in the near future.

Thanks!
  20. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Sorry to hear that. Some people are just plain dumb. FE isn't hard and even with Light needing a small adjustment to boost its damage it still is very capable of helping to aid in completing content.