Wishes for your Role or Power.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChibiMechaX78, Apr 28, 2015.

1. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I've been wanting to make this thread for awhile now, but was worried nobody would bother to discuss as much as I'd like them to or they would veer off topic and argue. Because I actually do care what people have to say on this.

Now to the topic I want to bring up.
    We can be as general as our support roles or as specific as our powers. It's up to you.

I ask you this...
    What kind of changes would you like to see for a role?
    What kind of changes would you like to see for your chosen power?

When I bring this up, I would actually prefer to see what people wish for the support role side of their chosen powers, not dps. But I know that can't always be avoided.

Now to clarify what kind of changes, I'm talking about things such as...

-Removal/addition of certain powers in the trees of the powerset.
    -Cooldown times
    -Additional effects you'd like see to a specific power from your chosen powerset.
    (If you are unsure what I mean by that, let's say [hypothetically of course] you were talking about Sorcery, and you wanted to see Boon of souls have the additional effect of giving the watcher a shield. That's what I mean.)

-Visual upgrades
    -The moving of a power in a power tree to somewhere else

I'm sure you get the idea.
    So please tell me, what would you like to see done for your favorite support role or support role side of your favorite power?

And Thank you to those who comment.
    • Like x 3
  2. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I wish for trolling POT and Power Dumping would be changed so it's like Healing, each Power has a different way of doing it
    • Like x 10
  3. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

I just want fire's AM to be on par with all other power. After that, I could switch back and just about everything would be alright with me. Also if they made fireburst a "Burst move" and add maybe one or 2 more moves that i can inflict burn by not using melee. Or support melee damage and add some sort of mechanic to where if we choose to melee it doesnt make up die instantly. Other than that, I guess just a visual upgrade to Nature and maybe earth. (Havent seen earth in gu47 so not sure if the visuals are better or not).
    • Like x 3
  4. Captain Neos Committed Player

Awesome Thread, hope it stays clean n controversy free lol.

I have been thinking up some additions for light.

Firstly it would be awesome for single target purposes if handclap, snaptrap and grasping hand could all be linked continuously eg.
    HC>GH>ST then back to HC.
    If ST and GH could ground targets in PVP that would be cool.
    Triage replaced with shielding and for shielding to no longer have vulnerability to interrupt.
    Power whip thrash no longer vulnerable to block.
    Something more done with Light Weight. With Gu47 and the changes to weaponization it may be more viable but for now its pretty limited.

Thats all I can think if off the top of my head.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Would be cool to see a little variation between troll powers. Have each of them go about doing things differently. Similar to what I've noticed with the different tank powers.
    • Like x 1
  6. Itazuki New Player

Balance.
  7. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

to which role?
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wish debuffs gave power back to group and all healing powers got powerback mechanic not just nature.
    • Like x 6
  9. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Ice Tanking > A bloody ground pull
    Munitions DPS > Mini Nuke to be in the AM; it irks me knowing that a mini nuke does less damage than a CHAIN gun.
    Fire Tanking > Scaling restoration boost in combat. This might be a bad idea but it seems pretty cool to me.
    HL Trolling > All the POT moves don't knock back the enemy. It's annoying to tank with.

My last wish is for all the healer roles to have a powerback mechanic like nature. I could care less about DPS really.
    • Like x 2
  10. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads
    • Like x 3
  11. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

ice can not keep up with other powers. we have lots of shield's that get broken. no brick. no self heal. weak shields. DPS ice am is nice...but cant keep up with other powers. yes,i know, your a ice dps and are top dps most times...ah huh...all powere should be equal but there not. fix ice...don't hold your breath.
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Intimidation should stun like it used to in Arenas. I had no idea why they did that, yet HL DPS gets to CC all over everyone.
  13. FelixDuo Committed Player

So much I'd like changed. I won't even bother listing them all. So just a few highlights. For now.

- Controller power sets play differently and have a much wider variety of power restoring moves.
    - Replace Earth's Localized Tremor with something more useful.
    - Add some of the features of Gadgets' AM to Mental's AM, like being able to do a big hit instantly after using your aggro dump or stealth.
    - Also increase the number of moves that work with Mental's AM.
    - Add Glacier Flash and Frost Blast to Ice's AM.
    - Add a tail to Wolf Form.
    - Tone down the green halo a bit. Actually, if it was up to me I'd just remove it.
    - Change Reinforce's big rock fists to something that doesn't look silly on non-Brawling or MA players, like dust swirls or a gold and gray glow.
    - Sorcery's Vengeance should grant Red Soul Aura in DPS role. Also make more moves activate GSA while in healer role, like Soul Well and Watcher.
    - Replace Sorcery's Polymorphing with something...else.
    • Like x 2
  14. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Ice is 10 times better than earth and fire. If you think the shields are weak, then you're probably tanking with DPS gear on.
  15. kobetory08 New Player

debuffs giving power back is a pretty good idea
    • Like x 2
  16. kobetory08 New Player

rage a new range atk, berserk extended, replacement of mangle and other useless powers the one above without mercy i forget the name the tank side is good as is
  17. ssvillae New Player

Would love to have a version of quantum tunneling in iconic power tree
    • Like x 3
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Ice is one of the stronger dps powers. Sounds like user error.
    • Like x 1
  19. X-zero Loyal Player

Fire:
    Fireburst range extend and made into a finisher like Mass Det
    S Combustion and Stoke Flame placement switch
    In tank stance make eternal flame act as a phoenix resurrection. If you super charge is available and no one can get you then you can trigger it after downed to revive.
    A second long range pull should be made in place of immolation

Mental:
    Would redo its whole am involving more powers and make it a dot am.
    Supercharge Mass Hysteria would buff damage and make it a 50% sc. Would also make the forum a purple version of your character and give you flight movement mode.
    Change a few of the head beams animation.
    Giving a pull move inplace of reflect pain

HL:
    Inspiration would get triage animation
    Triage would be ditched.
    Light barrier would be replace by contrast armor but would have a similar effect.

General:
    Controllers should be able to use control effects on bosses just maybe not as often as an add.
    Healers should be giving a resurrection sc.
    Dominance or CR should go towards a willpower stat for everyone. No reason a t6 tank should be yanked around in poison ivy wing in Arkham.
    Stealth and Invisibility would be changed so npc can't not see you. Boost to moves you do while they can't see you. They would not hinder you movement mode speed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

For Fire:
    - Burning Determination could have double of the healing effects - Tank in PVE
    - Eternal Flames 35% SC
    - Backdraft need less cooldown - Tank
    - Add a heal over time to Enflames for 4 secs - Tank in PVE
    - Fireburst use Volatiity PI (without lose the burning PI) with the same cast time as MD, and doing more damage close to the target - DPS
    - MD constant Damage and using Burning PI too - DPS
    - Burning Determination less cooldown - DPS

For Earth
    - Change place between Unstoppable and Tectonic Break
    - Jackhammer precision damage increased - DPS
    - Envelop SC change to a Earth Armor SC
    - Jackhammer doing power overtime to the Pets
    - Epicenter with a aftershock ability to knockdown enemies. - Tank
    - Absortion damage increased to 60%
    - Toten need less cooldown - DPS

Iconic Power
    - heat Vision as 35% finisher
    - Batrangs doing power over time - controller
    - Super Strengh increase 5% critical weapon attack damage
    - X-Ray increase 1% critical weapon attack chance
    - Powerfull Resistence add 1000 health
    - Clownbox 100 SC that heals you full life - PVE

Combat
    - End of WM
    - End of AM
    - More options to making loadouts

It's a dream, but dream isn't wrong right?
    • Like x 3