Excessive freezing after update

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by RealGODofWar, Mar 25, 2015.

1. afvc623 New Player

Froze in LAB 3 more times in 10 minutes in last boss.back to back to back.Luckily it was a nice group and didnt kick.
  2. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Me personally Im just doing single player missions for 30 min then log off. I know my friends want me to join them in raids, but to be honest I'm not going to do that to them. I rather 4 them to enjoy the raids without me than to burden their game play due to my freezing.

I feel like that would be selfish of me to go in a raid knowing my ps3 will freeze
  3. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Couldn't have expressed it better myself. Don't get me wrong I love this game, but this last year has been frustrating to say the least and I fear that depending on how the Daybreak team handles this situation it could be the straw that broke the camels back for myself and many other users. As for the brown nosing fanboys and the "buy a ps4" ccrowd just a couple things; DCUO and Hulu are the only things that I use my ps3 for. I bought a ps3 to play this game specifically before there was a ps4. Yes I could buy a ps4 if I wanted to but I won't with 17 toons at 110-114cr with 150+ skill points on each I have vested enough time and money into this game already. All that aside what it boils down to is as long as they are going to market this game for the ps3 and keep taking money from those ps3 users hand over fist they need to make sure that the playability is on par across the board for all consoles.
    • Like x 8
  4. JSnaples Committed Player

Yes, you know they aren't professional so it is your problem
  5. Dark VVolverine New Player

WTF are you even talking about? Since when does someone or something being "professional" have to do with providing good service? I pay a monthly subscription to have the newspaper delivered to my home every morning. If for whatever reason it stops coming for two straight weeks, that's supposed to be ok because they are not "professional"? What the hell is your definition of "professional"?
    • Like x 2
  6. shutrX7 New Player

I'm back, just for a check up, not good i see, ****** buzz, been playing Hitman; Absolution,.. badass,.. guess i'll check in again in few more days
  7. OmegaStarEX Active Player

ProtoStarEX USPS Happens Everywhere Except my base, its completely random, but frequent.
    It might be a Ps3 thing.
  8. CaptainBombus Level 30

I keep seeing that same bizarre reasoning being applied over and over on this thread. I wonder if these people would have the same lackadaisical mentality if their Comcast was out for a week.
  9. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Loved how they say this was priority and it was the very last thing to be fixed! LOVED IT...
  10. reddragon7585 New Player

It isn't so much that they haven't fixed it, as Mepps has even stated that the fixes to the client have been made, but they have to wait on PSN to approve it before it can be published, just like any other major game update. Daybreak Entertainment is no longer under the Sony umbrella, and even when they still were, they still had to go through the PSN bureaucracy just like every other publisher.
  11. reddragon7585 New Player

As far as everyone griping about wanting compensation, SUCK IT UP! While they don't have to do squat about it, it would be nice...and the more you all fuss about it, the less likely it will be to happen.

I'm a Legendary member, too! I have the same issues with freezing --sometimes really bad, sometimes not so much-- but I'm still playing. Reboot, reload and keep on chugging along...and hope your group doesn't kick you if you freeze in an alert or raid.
    • Like x 1
  12. Treskar Committed Player

Alright after extensive STRESS TESTING. Which means multiple switches of characters involved in a constant flow of MOBs and no crashes and several days of watching my CONNECTION to the internet. I decided to try a tier 6 duo which would freeze me quite quickly.

I did not freeze three tier 6 duos. Though I did somehow use a MASTERY SKILL ATTACK for one handed I did NOT use a skill point in. Was another UNIDENTIFIED FIGHT OCCURENCE.

After I checked to see that I knew my char did not have that skill I could not do it anymore.

This is the second time my toon has done something that it did not have picked with skill points. And no I did not record it. Not in any mood to record a freeze.

ANYWAY. Point is the best time to do these missions is early morning first to get on time or not at all. Now if we all go trying to get on after a server reset I have no idea. Or somehow this new hotfix rectified something for myself so far. Have not tested an ALERT or a RAID.

TODAY is APRIL 2nd, 2015 12:11PM
  13. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Suck it up? As a consumer thats the dumbest attitude to have unless youre a complete pushover.

You purchase a car, theres no floor mats and a 2nd key like promised on window sticker. Just sick it up folks...
    You buy a bottled water at a store, didnt realize its only full. There still some water left, Just suck it up folks...
    You purchase a brand new air conditioner with a remote control, but the control is broken. Just suck it up folks...
    You buy a video game, but wont turn on after the start up screen. Just suck it up folks...

I can keep these examples going forever, but hopefully you get the picture.
    • Like x 2
  14. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Perhaps there may need to be some new rules implemented on Sony's part that protects the consumer when subscribing to an MMO. I do not know what rules but something that is always there no matter who you subscribe to. Sony made the rule that consumers do not need to adhere to Playstation Plus policy to sign on the PSN. So perhaps what I am saying is not too far fetched.

Bottom Line: The quality of the many elements that keep DCUO appealing is too unpredictable. There needs to more stability present from this game. Hopefully, this is only a DCUO problem and not an MMO problem on consoles. If it is just a DCUO problem then what I said above may not be needed. However, if it is not...........
  15. reddragon7585 New Player

There is one glaring flaw in your argument, there...all of those situations would happen to be covered by warranty. Had you actually bothered to read the TOS, you'd know that DCUO is presented "AS IS - NO WARRANTY", kinda like a used car. That being the case, it's a case of "Buyer Beware"...you should be aware of the risks you take on before you drop cash on something.

Besides that, the game isn't "unplayable", although it is rather annoying at times. If it were completely down due to the malfunction, that would be a totally different story.
  16. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Trust me, when excessive freezes damage your PS3 the game will be unplayable... and so will all your other games!o_O
  17. Pr0tojay Committed Player

A bottled water is not covered by any warranty last time i checked. And of course i didnt read the TOS, its a video game. Why would i need to bother to read TOS for a video game? I already know what it would say anyway. Im positive they had that in their TOS to avoid in types of minor lawsuits in these situations.

And yes it certainly is unplayable. I cannot finish any of the newer content. I freeze multiple times in an instance, and if im lucky enough that the group doesnt kick me, there is nothing i can do at the final boss. Its freeze, after freeze, after freeze at the final boss. All i can really do is solos and cc bounties, and even doing those i freeze multiple times. There is no worries of being kicked, and i can just pick up where i left off after i freeze. Thats all i can really do.
    • Like x 1
  18. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Does anyone else think that the game will NOT be fixed on Saturday? Since it's Easter Weekend and all... and it is a WEEKEND. Just saying, Mepps time table is odd.

Hey Mepps, please inform us if the testing is going well and if the time table for the fix as shifted as soon as you have that info, please.
  19. Treskar Committed Player

I DID MY TIER 6s. 3 duos back to back and an ALERT!... NO freezes.. what did I change? I have no idea. There was a hotfix today. I did this right after server reset. I normally am having this trouble during afternoon early morning when the server been up for a while.

All I know is I was able to complete some without a freeze that were HIGH tier.

Somebody up there must still like me.
  20. Killswitch Enrage New Player

I am not expecting any sort of compensation for the troubles related to game freezing. It would be nice for the Survival Mode and Booster Bundles to both be extended for a week to 10 days after the freezing issue is corrected. This show of good faith would cost the devs nothing and can only increase profitability.
    • Like x 2