Excessive freezing after update

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by RealGODofWar, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Old Villan New Player

I don't think so... I'm premium now cause fortunately i finished my member before these problems & i really don't know if buy it again even after fix... Anyway if i'm premium i could make feats LPVE(most important cause it's 4 limited time) & i can't do it even i have ALL characters... Last year there was free member for 1 month(january i think but i don't remeber very well) & that was great idea cause even something goes wrong in the future players was compensate with that little gift... But this year nothing, it's sad... In this year devs want to change game really radically & i think to much... That's not good mmo anymore where you play for some years & your character is always stronger... Now you take 4 example stupid quantum & if you have 30 sp with 7k might you are op & you make much more damage from the player who has other power 200+ sp with 8900+ might... Quantum like gadget restore own their power but gadget MUST hit target to restore it & quantum no... In 4 words: it is noob power... You don't need anymore healer or troll or tank on instance with 4 players to finish it, just 1 healer or tank & 3 dps is good... You don't need trolls anymore... I understand that the game is made for make money but not only... The game is alive cause there are players who play that game. No players, no money, no game and it's really really sad cause DCUO it's not only game 4 me but something more, like social network where i can find my friends who know from more than 2 years... Even right now i'm online in game just to talk with my friends but don't do nothing(just stay in 1 place) cause i'm afraid freez...
  2. PhantomFox New Player

Does this mean the issue has been identified, since you know it's client-related, and are now just awaiting PSN approval? Or are the devs still trying to figure it out?

Really bummed about not being able to play over the weekend. I don't always have time to dedicate to DCUO and this month was an exception, to the point where I purchased a single month of Legendary again. I can't often do that.
  3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Ok guys I know it's frustrating that your ps3 freeze. But if your one of those ppl that know it going to take days to get this fix, please don't talk about your ps3 can break do to freezing. You should know by now to not turn on your ps3 due to this situation. Play another game or don't turn on your ps3 till everything is fixed. No need to play DCUO knowing dang well it going to freeze then complain about it.

If your one of the very few ppl that don't know whats going on, then your complaining is valid.
  4. scarlettw Active Player

Meanwhile... I keep playing valkyria chronicles while launch the fix.
  5. Flakkjacket New Player

Was just informed to go to my Network Settings on my PS3 and set Media Connection to "disabled"... this is supposed to fix the freezing... lmao... yeah... sure...
  6. Mutzukyo84 New Player

Wtf do you sick?

When i payed for yousing DLC's but i cant because the system of game working correctly no longer with my PS3 hardware. Then is this the same as you rent a car without a motor.

And nobody want hear:"Chill men, keep cool or other wisdom's" then the most gamer must realy work for realy money you know.
    And if our money is then used for US no this is not just fun. Especially when the person in charge of anything further than. "We'll take care of it"!
    For other service providers want to keep the customers and pays the failures.

Befor GU46 had we ps3 users also graphik freez's or mini lags but thats was ok we could playing. Yet we can not realy and thats is the fact.
  7. Mutzukyo84 New Player

Do you had tested?
  8. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

So you are trying to tell me that it isn't possible, if not incredibly easy, to generate an exact replica of a character on a different server?

I think we all know that they can generate any character they want, if for no other reason, testing purposes. They have access to the game code for God's sake, they can manipulate it in any omnipotent fashion they wish... if they wanted to.

IMO; They won't do it because then they don't get more money from the people switching from one too the other (In the case of a paying customer that doesn't want to lose what they have purchased by switching platforms of course). In other words I was suggesting, through a semi-rhetorical question, that just because they only do it for money they may want to show a little bit of loyalty to the people they DEPEND on for said money they cherish. People in general are getting sick of these really crappy marketing schemes they use when adding an extra few days after something like this, or granting some replay badges, or creating a duplicate account on another server, cost them absolutely nothing more than their current operating cost. They just don't want to do it!
  9. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

I am sorry for having to point this out but you are incorrect. There are options they have that they simply refuse to take. I am unsure of why they have made that decision but they could just as easily remove the mistake, roll everything back to before the update (game features, not individual accomplishments), correct the problem, and add it again at a later date when they were relatively sure the issues have been resolved. Instead they choose to leave in broken software, rumored to be potentially dangerous to the end user's equipment, stranding certain paying customers from their purchases, and making no word (at least to my knowledge) of any type of compensation to anyone for THEIR (not our) grievous mistake.

I would have a whole lot more respect for the staff: devs, marketing, the works, if they would just come clean and say "We screwed up and we are putting it back the way it was. We will re-release it once it is ready and won't screw everything up. Here is your compensation and we apologize for our overzealous actions."
    • Like x 1
  10. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

I'm a hothead and should be ignored from time to time but this guy, despite his grammar, hit the nail on the head. I have been saying similar for a long time, all be it not in a very nice way sometimes. I understand why you may not listen when I say something but this guy seems incredibly rational and thought out in this statement. I hope you pay attention because the majority (from what I have seen anyway) feel exactly the same way.
  11. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

Still gotta try and if it screws up I have to tell them. I grind regularly and there is a lot of upkeep of my characters and responsibilities to friends and league mates. If I lay it down a week (trust me, I've tried to take extended breaks) not only do I get rusty and look incredibly stupid when I return (PvP mainly) but it takes a good while before I can get everything back to the way it was (we can't buy or transfer MoT and that is what it takes when all the time limits run out so it becomes a lot of work).

As far as "breaking" the PS3, I have heard no OFFICIAL word that it may be harmful to my system, just rumors from users. One must assume that if there were a chance of their software damaging our equipment they would put out some sort of warning due to the slew of lawsuits and bad press that would ensue despite their ToS disclaimers and attempt at forced arbitration in lieu of a court of law proceeding.Thus if it is not verified to be harmful then there is no reason to believe it is (just very frustrating).

Lastly, who are you to judge whether a complaint from a paying customer of a service is valid? I would say that the validity of the complaint lies with the person that spent the money! You told us, in so many words, that we have an option not to play whilst this is resolved. You likewise have the option not to read our posts.

note: I only point out the rumor of damage in an earlier post as a concern of a lot of users (simply a display of the disgruntled emotions this situation is causing among users). I PERSONALLY believe, and hope that I'm correct, that the staff would not be so careless as to risk our equipment out of spite, neglect, or ignorance if a true potential threat existed. I believe that they would/will issue an official statement if it has/will become(s) a potential hazard to the operational health of our physical property.
  12. DcuoRebecca Level 30

Please give me the option to FREEZE my Legendary subscription until this issue is fixed, thank you.
    • Like x 5
  13. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

Dang good idea!
  14. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

U gave a bad example sorry. If you had a car for a while and you know something wrong with it you dont keep on driving it until u get it fix.
    Meaning if you know your ps3 will freeze playing DCUO don't playit until it fixed. which will be next week.
  15. Shifty Committed Player

honestly this might have worked.. I did LPvE without freezing.. not getting my hopes up tho
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I understand. But now that Mepps informed us that there taking action and what is the time frame on getting it fixed. I just feel some ppl are just being overly sensitive for the time being. If Mepps didn't give us a answer then sure raise heck all we want.
    But since Mepps informed us that this is their priority in getting this fix then we should wait and see till next week.
    And if nothing happens or if we're not informed by next week then raise heck.
    But until then we as a PS3 community have to find other things to do until DCUO is ready for us to play.

Again I understand frustration of not playing DCUO. But I'm confident that this problem will be resolved. We just need patients
  17. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Skyrim feels oh so nice this time of year
    • Like x 1
  18. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

I subscribe this idea
  19. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

In all honesty this started as anger born of frustration but it concerns me now more that the longevity of DCUO may be at stake. I am confident that they already have a fix and are waiting for approval or whatever they said but that doesn't change the fact that people are quitting DCUO as I type this. Some damage is done and I think they should find a way around this little corporate negotiation issue holding things up before more people say !@#$% it and quit, hitting all parties wallet. Either that or make it worth their while to wait for the fix to be approved (it wouldn't cost them anything to add time lost on paid accounts, just prolong a purchase that may otherwise not be made by an unsatisfied customer). If too many people quit the game gets less fun... More people would quit and eventually they discontinue service (a downward spiral that I believe was in creation before even the PvP 'normalization' decision came about [this just severely antagonizes it]). My hope is to motivate them to do something to prevent this, if not by this decision, the next, or at least soon. If I wanted to lose DCUO I would just quit, not drag it out watching it die slowly at the hands of bad decisions.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mutzukyo84 New Player

That was a metaphor. Next time I will choose a suptileres example.
    And surely I can wait a week without weighing me, but would you wait a week to your wages, although they are to you this week? And who says that the problem is resolved next week? In addition, I can not use the service for which I paid at this time!
    • Like x 1