Secret stats?!?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Duragon, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Duragon Committed Player

I was bored after dinner today and was looking up some stuff on utube, and heard someone on a fire AM video say something I haven't heard before. So, if you don't spec into a weapon mastery combo, but you do have weapon mastery unlocked, it gives your AM a +5% crit chance and a +5% crit damage???? Can anyone confirm this?
  2. Sionn Committed Player

yeah, it's real

I don't know about the having it unlocked part.
  3. Deathmike Devoted Player

It's written in the tooltips.
    If it's a secret it's really poorly guarded.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 7
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As far as I'm aware this applies only to Light and Celestial as they are combo powers (but I may be wrong). And I think you can't have specced into Weapon Mastery at all, as in don't unlock them.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

I swear I'm sick of answering this question.

Might based AMs, basically everything except Pet and Combo AMs, receive +5% crit chance and +25% crit damage to Might based damaged while their AMs are active. This is not affected by unlocking or not unlocking Weapon Mastery.

Combo AMs work differently.

Unlocking WM, the trait in the top right of the weapon trees not any actual combos, for the weapon you currently have equipped grants +20% crit damage to any precision based damage, which includes combos.

Having a melee weapon equipped without WM unlocked gives the user +15% crit damage to their precision based damage. Using the Combo AMs gives an additional +5% crit damage to precision based damage when used without WM unlocked. The combination of these gives the user the same +20% crit damage to precision based damage when using an AM with WM unlocked. So, a player with low sp can use a combo AM with a melee weapon equipped to get the same crit innates as everyone else.

Don't listen to Youtubers. It is sad what most of them get wrong, not all, but most.
    • Like x 8
  6. mrx Level 30

is that right ?
    For the weapon that i use i must aktivated the wm to get the Bonus
    Not for all weapons or ?
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

This only applies to combo powersets.
  8. L T Devoted Player

But we love you for each and every informative answer!

I wish they would just show your critical attack chance and critical attack damage with all your other stats. That would clear up a lot of confusion.
    • Like x 2
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

AM for WM information needed for all players.

Combo AM: When WM is not unlocked players gain the % that one would gain from unlocking WM - this is to provide balance between players with excessive SP and those that do not have SP

PI, Movement, and Pet AM: When using the AM without using WM attacks, one gains a bonus to crit chance and crit magnitude.

Both were implemented with update 43 back in December.

:)
  10. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Also, keep in mind, this means do not put a SP into the WM unlock whatsoever (for prec based powers). You can still get the innates with 21 SP in the tree all together. That said, as stated before, the buff is equal though the WM unlock gives some extra CC resist.
  11. SiiCK1 New Player

So what you're saying is that if I have a 2 handed weapon equipped and a WM unlocked its the same as someone with NO WM unlocked BUT they have a melee weapon equipped? I've been wondering this for a while now.
  12. Duragon Committed Player

.... sorry you're so sick of answering it, but I'm so glad you answered it, lol. Very detailed, worth the read. I appreciate it.
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

I would love if the did that, and maybe include the heal crits and power heal crits to. Its frustrating having to keep track of all the different boosts and innates to figure it out yourself.

For Combo AMs, yes.

For Might based AMs it depends on whether you use weapon attacks or not. For instance the DoT AMs have time between refreshing DoTs that is usually filled with weapon attacks, so not unlocking WM would decrease the users damage. However AMs like Quantum many times never use weapon attacks, so unlocking WM would not affect the damage.

It is worth noting that unlocking WM grants some CC resistance which can help prevent rotations from being interrupted in actual content.

Its less about people asking the question repeatedly, and more about the people who still run around spreading the misinformation that leads to the questions. This has been happening since HL got it's infinite combo AM, and it is strange that some have never bothered to check what they've been claiming on this matter.

Glad I could help you.
    • Like x 1
  14. SiiCK1 New Player

The knowledge spread through the forum is amazing. Thanks for the reply!
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Your on a forum not a police walki talki lol
  16. tinoman Dedicated Player

whats considered a melee weapon?
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

Any weapon that's not Rifle, Hand Blasters, Dual Pistols, or Bow.
  18. Duragon Committed Player

So much info just in this post alone..... lol. And I would love the crit percents shown somewhere as well. I know there's a dev somewhere reading this......