When Random Isn't Random

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Weapon drops. My main is a Rage/MA with DP as a secondary/WM. Ever since I turned level 30, I've yet to get a MA or DP weapon drop. Just now I ran the Star Labs alert and got 4 unattuned weapon drops: Rifle, Staff, Bow, Brawling. On alts it's the same. Whatever weapon I am specced at, that's the weapon that never drops. Random is not random.
    • Like x 3
  2. Krypton Dedicated Player

It does seem that way at times. I have no idea really.

It is why I like weapons on the vendor.
    I like playing handblasters. Right now I have rifle and dual pistols as the highest weapon, but I don't like playing with them. I can play with dual pistols just does not fit my char.
  3. chipzes Committed Player

That's why they added Weapons to nearly all tier vendors.
  4. the swoosh New Player

well if you believe that. you could just equip a different weapon and test it out lol....
    • Like x 3
  5. Prosser Dedicated Player

Agree 100% I use MA on my tank from the time I could buy the CC weapon, and all through T4, I only had the 2nd level CC weapon as nothing would drop. It wasn't till I was into T5 with a vendor MA that I saw the T4 or T3 weapon drop.

Also, since armories were introduced and I started dpsing, I believe this even more. At first I was using MA for dps as well, (vendor version of course) and then I had a DW drop and since people were raving about it I decided to try it. Well now that I changed weapon for one role, I finally get MA's to drop, but only when I dps with a different weapon. And when I tank and use MA, then I will have DW drop.

Same as with my troll and healer. I use brawling on both of them, and do you think I can get it to drop? Nope. Guess I'll have to start dpsing with a different weapon on them :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I've noticed the same thing. It's like the programmer was being a jerk that day and decided "Lets look at where the person has skill points and what class they are and drop the exact opposite stuff for them 90% of the time".

It would be ok if these weapons/armor were account bound with a cr limit to equip 1 tier below them, but that's not how it is so it's not fine.
  7. Makineko Committed Player

I use HB, up until T6 I only ever got 1 HB drop. While doing T6 I've had a lv 90 x2+96 drop for me. Just the luck of the draw I think. On my main toon trying to get any gear for controller to drop was like trying to find a yeti in the mountains. On my Troll hero alt though I've already had a few pieces drop. Just the way it seems to roll at times.
  8. Gwynbleidd New Player

Now I don't know the exact mechanism behind, but with 2 out of 11 weapon classes learned, your chance to get a useful weapon would be about 18% (every time a weapon drops). So what you described, can still be considered random. Although I don't know how many "useless" weapons you found until now...

Nevertheless, if the loot system really is totally random, it would be a good idea to increase the chances to get some useful stuff.
  9. JReel New Player

With the way power back mechanics are going, might based powers won't require a weapon one bit. I am Quantum and just switched from Gadgets. Never had to touch my dual wield weapon at all.
  10. RSL New Player

i love when players get so self-obsessed and self-important and deluded that they imagine developers have nothing else to do with their time than set out to irritate players instead of please them.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

IF a boss had a chance to drop all weapons, you are looking at 1 in 10. Then you are getting into the category of if they weighted it differently too. But most of the time, the bosses split the loot tables. There is two T2 light alerts that drop the weapons you are asking for. That's 8 bosses total. (3 from star and 5 from oan.) There are two types of weapons that can drop, the blue common ones and purple rare ones. (This is the weighting, I mentioned.) These bosses also include gear. You are looking at a large loot table for each boss.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

Random is Random. Random isn't convenient. Random appears mocking on occasion. But in the end, Random doesn't know you or care about you. Random just is.
    • Like x 5
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Funny you mentioned that. On my PS3 main, she is 1 handed with DP as backup. I haven't had a 1H drop since she turned 30 and that was 2011. Running Trigon's Prison, I got an unattuned DW drop so I reset my skill points and specced out of 1H into DW. Now I get everything to drop except 1H, DW, and DP. Random isn't random.
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No it isn't random. The frequency of weapon drops for me goes something like this in order of frequency: Brawling, Staff, Rifle, HB, Bow, 2H, Shield. MA and DP are at zero right now. And sure I can buy from the vendor but I'm still working on building my armor which is priority 1 and since raids are hard to get a group for right now with the do nothing griefers, I'm nickel and diming my way through challenges, duos, and alerts and even alerts are hard to come by.
  15. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

If you get everything that you want, it would be very boring... thats why you have to play over and over again if you want to progress in the game
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Oh no, it's FAR more sinister than that. o_O

The devs have slipped in a secret mind-reading program into the game that can see what item it is you're looking for as a loot drop. It then takes that item and puts it at the lowest probability of dropping for you when you finish that piece of content! :eek:

:D
    • Like x 5
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I ran the solo and alerts every day hoping for a 98 bow. I had to respec into DW (I got about 3 DW drops) and MA (a 100 drop, I wish I could send to you :)). After getting all my 99 healer gear I finally gave in and bought the 99 healer bow. I just didn't like the looooong WM range combo for MA, which is not usable for solo healing the current raids. The bow/DP combo is easy to hit 100% of the time. I still haven't seen a 98 bow drop. I read in a forum post that the 100 bow drops for Ares, so I'll just try for that until the next DLC. I was equipped with DW and MA and never saw a bow in 20+ alerts, ~8 raids. Maybe they "know" I was created as a bow user.:confused:
  18. ChuckLess New Player

The group leader can now kick.
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Tried that last night and it didn't work.
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

While your attempt at snark fails on it's face, they don't need to read minds. The can plainly see what you're specced in. How you can't see this through your snark is beyond me.