Personal feedback on bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Flair Well-Known Player

Just a few thoughts for the devs on bases and furniture.

So I started a bar theme in my base this weekend. The new seasonal stuff is pretty cool. One problem... Unless my research is not thorough enough, there are no decent tables to go with the booths. Most of the tables have chairs around them so any of those are out from the start. Other than that, the best I've done so far is the medium mansion table and the grecian table neither of which matches color-wise at all.

Along a similar vein, my bar looks great, but I have no bar stools to sit on. The are too low and don't look right next to the bar counter.

I love the way the new items are compartmentalized and can be built side by side for customizable booths and bars. One major problem I've encountered with this however is the difficulty in sizing the items up next to one another to make a straight line. In this regard I suggest a function added to base design that allows us to rotate a given object 90 degrees before placing it. I can't imagine this would be very difficult to implement. Maybe hold down shift while we rotate said item? Similarly a mirror image tool would be useful, but the rotate feature is the most needed and frankly I'm kind of surprised its not in already.
    • Like x 3
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thumbs up to all of this :)

I personally use the Medium Mansion Table, also. Here is a "work in progress" of my base's pub:

[IMG]

I've tweaked it a lot since this pic was taken an it looks much better now. Will post more pics when it's done.

I too would love to see bar stools. I'm quite happy with the table, but I would like to see it have a similar texture to the other wooden pub base items. Perhaps next year.

Yes to the 90 degree snap feature too.

I'd also love to see the ability to "float" items away from their placement point, to allow for stacking.
    • Like x 3
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I've been using that half table thingie.

[IMG]

Also, I mentioned that we need bar stools and NerdOfPrey responded with "Noted" so they know we want them. :)

And yea I think R3 should allow an auto 90°
    • Like x 5
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Damn, the stretch required to pick up your drink from that table is almost as bad as mine :p

If it was real life, I'd probably just sit glaring at my drink with my hand out in front of me, in hope that some how, telekinetically, I could convince the glass to float towards me from the table.
    • Like x 2
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I needed enough room to walk between them ;)

Also, I have telekinesis and it's my bar so ... LOL
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Chances are good that Stools and Tables will/could be added to next year's seasonal. Glad you're bringing it up so that they can put a post it note to remind them next year. ;)
  7. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Agreed! We need nice tables to go with the pub themes and WE NEED A STOOL! But I have been using Luxurious Dining Table and it's not too bad other than being low. [IMG]

[IMG]

More options for faster angle placement would be sooo nice! Mirror feature would be handy too.
    • Like x 5
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Wow, which base theme is that ? I really like it. Also I had to do a double take on the first pic, cuz it looked like you had mermaid fins !
  9. Mermaid Dedicated Player

It's still my Grotto/Cave. Thanks! And lol!
    • Like x 1
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Hmmm so Cave theme I shall buy next.
  11. Flair Well-Known Player

Talk of the seasonal next year has got me thinking. Let's list some base item we would want to see that might specifically be attached to the 2016 seasonal. I'll start.

Bar tables - Small and Large with and without glasses of ale on them.
    Bar Stools - Green red and Black classic vinyl-topped stools.
    Much. much more neon! Maybe Lobo Lager or Super Stout! Perhaps throw in some neon for Soder products as well.
    Distilleries and other booze/beer making machinery.
    Curved bars that turn outward instead of inward.
    Maybe a sports-themed flat screen?
    Rare vault drop...the double rainbow!

What else?
  12. Flair Well-Known Player

One more... A section of bar with a flip up bar top. It wouldn't have to work so long as it was open underneath to give the impression of being able to walk into the serving area of the bar.
  13. Lionxoft Committed Player

I've been working on my restaurant/pub dining area and came across this exact problem. I put in placeholder tables for now but some actual tables would be nice. Also, a jukebox so we can play the Villain nightclub music instead of the ugly base music would be awesome. I like the Tap Room audio the most.

Note:
    I'm known for my base design on USPC but there is a lot of work to be done on this base. This character was just created this week so this is very much a "WIP" :p We will try to loot in some fancy base items to spice up the pub area.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

5 degree rotation via shift/ctrl/alt key+mouse would be great.

While we're at it how about a proper sit animation for everyone and not the rest animations. One knee up doesn't work well for chairs, or tubs etc... I'd suggest the following base animations for everyone (being the same that is)
    1. Sitting in a chair
    2. Sitting on the ground, cross legged
    3. Sitting with feet straight out in front of you, back as if you're leaning on something.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think this is beyond the scope of the game.

Chairs and sofas etc. all have different heights to them. Where as the animation for sitting would have to be a fixed height. That means seats which are too high will clip through the player and seats which are too short, the player will squat over them.

As much as I'd like the feature, myself, I think the boat has sailed long ago on that one.
  16. Flair Well-Known Player

Here is another idea. Curved side bar s to match the standing bar back item (the one with all the bottles). A left side and a right side.
  17. Flair Well-Known Player

Still working on my base and I don't know if its too late or not but here is an idea for the dev team working on the spring seasonal.

I realize that we'll probably have to wait till next year for proper matching bar tables, but could you at least put in something for the spring even that fits the booths size-wise? Just a simple square and/or rectangular stand alone table top. It can be spring even oriented, but just give us a viable option for tables. Other than that, I suppose you could include something as a random furniture drop with the next DLC. Thanks!
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The Spring base items are complete, unfortunately. Looks as though we'll have to wait a year unless they put one in as a drop, somewhere.

The small mansion table fits well in a booth if the booth is made up of 2 Corners and a straight. Here's a shot of mine:

[IMG]

It looks realistic, but your character can't fit around the sides. Not that it matters, though, as your character can't sit on the benches anyway.
  19. Flair Well-Known Player

Thanks for the advice Torik. Yes the mansion table is decent, and I do use them currently, but the color doesn't match and the candles are way out of place. Even the same table without the candles would make for a better place holder until we get the proper pub versions next year. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to just delete the candles and make a new table out of it, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult.

Anyone its raid day so I'll be pretty busy in game, but I have my bar almost done (at least the first room) so maybe I'll take some screenies and post them tomorrow.
  20. Starblast Well-Known Player

your base and Toon is awesome. i love your creativity and your ability to use your resources well and make a base look really different with the use of base items! were you on FNL a several weeks ago back? I know the Justice Girls were featured but I can't remember if you were the one talking or referenced as being a huge help in decorating? either way...all looked nice and I enjoyed that FNL.

anyway...if someone is not a member of your league can they still come decorate your base or league hall? I know you can grant permissions to enter. I would tip you!
    • Like x 1