Rage AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bendmetal, Mar 5, 2015.

1. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I think what I posted is exactly what rage could use minus the one about redirected rage. Melee dpsing is good but hasn't been viable because of one shots like you said, and I don't see or believe the devs will tune it down to make melee possible unless they do like we said with relentless anger, but we'll just have to wait and see. As for getting another ranged option is a good thing instead of having useless powers just change one to a ranged option and be done.
  2. iDynamite New Player

In the Test Discussion topic, I was proposing the buff (or the passive skill) that will leave you with 1 HP when you receive a damage which is bigger than your total health. It will give you a desired second to turn the Personal Dampening Field on and to receive a healing from the healers. What do you all think?
  3. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

I do like this idea, but I have realized only one issue with something like this(or damage immunity with rage mode instead of heals). The only issue I see is scripted one shots. Moves like Carol Ferris's AOE 1 shot should not be avoidable merely by a technicality such as the one you just proposed. In my opinion, health buffing, similar to the tank but weaker, seems to be the best route. Even with some buffed health, a dps should not survive Carol's 1shot without blocking.

Also, I believe keeping to existing mechanics within a power-set can make melee based powers more unique. Serums we know will most likely be melee. Earth is another power with the potential to play the melee field, and an aftershock AM with mild absorption could make this possible.

I am not disagreeing with your idea though. There could be opportunities for the devs to take your idea, but make certain moves immune to this mechanic. Possibly have all normal incoming damage work in this fashion, but scripted 1shots ignore the mechanic all together forcing you to rely on dodging/blocking. Also, I believe the mechanic should only activate when a single non-scripted 1shot takes you from max health to empty(or 1 with your mechanic).

All that said, there are plenty of ideas to make melee viable. Maybe on monday we can get some feedback from the devs working on the power-set to see if they have seen/agreed with any of our ideas.
  4. iDynamite New Player

Yeah, I totally agree about certain 1-shots. Let's hope our ideas will be taken into account.
  5. Shift New Player

Maybe increased damage with the comboed GE precision dots while in Savage state would help out. And if Violence became something
    more like Electrogenesis where the dot aura sticks to your target instead of on your own body would help out in range damage maybe? Or if they just increased the range of the aura on your body around yourself to be the same range if not slightly farther than that of GE range. And if it did increased damage or something while being in Savage state that would possibly help as well?

Just trying to think of ways to help out the range AM damage while spamming the boring DB.
  6. Saybro Committed Player

Well hopefully they take our advice as far as giving us a way to melee in end game content. You don't have to change the whole mechanics, but we need to have a way to use it if that was the focus. A user posted (in the test thread) that there isn't time and we should just accept what they have given already which I completely disagree with. Hopefully we get to use the melee option. And if not maybe they could speed up the dreadful spam if that is going to be our option.
  7. generalzod Committed Player

well just a idea and feel free to add to this idea ! i didn't think deeply about this but how about a super charge in pve only in dps mode like Severe Punishment ! so i will add to the idea depending on what your precision is the longer it last or the amount of damage you can take and make this super charge last for 3: to 5 mins then a cool down of course . so basically during a 30 mins raid run t6 a player could hopefully get of get 3 supercharges and if there 5 mins each thats 15 mins of melee attacks so half the damage would be melee the other half range so at end of raid it would balance .. i think this would bring a whole new life to rage in dps form and make it unique ..and fun and finally give dcuo a true melee power .. just think of superman base character be nice to have brawling in hi tier raids !
  8. Saybro Committed Player

But then what are you doing for the other amount of time during the raid? You would have to tie in switchig of amories which i assume you would be ranging until the super charge is full? I see what you mean, just don't know if making relentless or severe a supercharge is the way to go as they are already normal powers.
  9. generalzod Committed Player

You are right maybe have 1 power in that's range because not sure if being melee tho whole raid be right what you think ? And maybe make another power a supercharge that makes you melee ..yes fighting half the battle range and timing when you use the supercharge would be important ! I think if it was setup like this maybe rage need even more of a buff to compensate for being half range witch is not strong and melee which would be super strong . Once again remember I'm just throwing out ideas for ppl to take add to it and make it better ! Add please or if it could be worked out yes be melee the whole fight ? How would this work be nice
  10. Saybro Committed Player

Not knocking your idea at all. Just wanting you to explain why. Its what the devs will problem do. I only combat it with the fact we already have 2 powers that grant us immunity from damage (sever punishment ad relentless anger in TANK stance). In order for the melee DPS to be viable, we need survivability. They could simple adjust relentless angers heal back to a scale based on precision or might or something. They point it, it just needs to be there to use the option.
  11. ssvillae New Player

Make shield stronger in dps mode for a certain amount of time when melee maybe?
  12. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I just noticed a comment in the PC test page where Mepps stated that "DPS'ing with Rage can be a little rough." :(

Apparently nobody on the staff has tried to Melee any portion of the new content, as it simply isn't feasible even against aggro. They either need to increase the amount of health you gain when popping severe punishment, or completely negate any damage you take in, without your health even dropping. That's still high risk/high reward since you may be KO'd if you don't get out of the crowd immediately after the Rage window ends.

They're being pretty obstinate with this power since it's solely intended to be an "up close and personal" power set. The logic doesn't support the rewards at this point, so DPS' don't be surprised if your ranged load out puts you at the bottom of the scoreboard every time.
  13. Ichiro Loyal Player

I think they should buffed the base damage from plasma retch and GE a little and added those powers to the list of powers that get increased damage from the savage state. I am excited to try out all of the other improvements and to finally get an AM like other powers.
    • Like x 1
  14. generalzod Committed Player

I
    i agree with you well said !
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

Seeing that the lAMe Mechanic its going to be the range loadout working around Dread.Blast, which is vulnerable to interrupt, it would be nice if they make it a Block Breaker. Just like they did with Mass Detonation and some other powers.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

28k range rotation described on this video that I found.
  17. Ichiro Loyal Player

Whats the power in the fourth slot? I don't reconize it from the power trees?

thank you
  18. Saybro Committed Player

Lol its the same that everyone has been discussing as boring. Thats all rage will be able to do from range basically.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

If i remember correctly, is Phase Dodge from the Super Speed skills tree.
  20. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Its also a lie, he did something to inflate his dps number because the 3 targets have 3,000,000 total health and as you can tell form the video his rotation started at 00:20 and ended at 2:45. That's 145s. 3,000,000/145 is 20,689 dps not 28k.
    • Like x 1