New UI on hold for now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yessss
    • Like x 4
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

Well, time to dust off my 3DO. I'll finally have something other than Myst and Death Keep to play on it!. Yay.
    • Like x 1
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Actually, generous liberties are being made on both sides.

I believe you are accurate for what you have said about the developers. However, a person does not need cause to stop supporting a product. Feedback given buy the buyer is also a privilege to the seller, in this case, the forums.

This community seems very tolerant and forgiving with consideration of the events that DCUO and the community has gone through. Despite the pitfalls that had befallen DCUO, it still was able to survive. I do not believe that would have happened if the community had decided to move on to something else (which is a norm for gaming). If the mindset is to move on if you do not like something in DCUO then I do not believe that will help DCUO. I believe that will reduce tolerance for what players experience in DCUO.

Bottom Line: Liberties on both sides are a necessity for the vigor of DCUO and its community.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Palm Pilot!
    • Like x 2
  5. Sylo Committed Player

With the exception on FF title has Microsoft ever allowed an MMO on their system? I know APB was actually done and ready to be stamped out( there was another MMO as well, name escapes me ) and microsoft decided not to allow it. Are they even gonna let TESO come to their platform?

I mean its great if microsoft will allow this. But they may end up dragging resources away with this move, for microsoft to ultimately end up wasting everyone's times such as they have before.
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

So the Xbone players will play with themselves ? (lulz)

Yeah TESO is coming to them but of course they are only playing with themselves (ha I did it again).
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

"Following its acquisition by Columbus Nova on February 2, 2015, Daybreak Game Company (formerly Sony Online Entertainment) president John Smedley announced that the title could come to the Xbox One in the future".

Reference: Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Online
    • Like x 1
  8. DanXVII Committed Player

You're asking PS3 players that have put up with the disgusting state of their game to continue to pay the same as the rest of us and you ask them not to stop supporting you while you prioritize a completely new platform and market and shelf their planned feature/fix for those performance issues (New UI)? It's so disrespectful, the audacity of it just irritates me.

(I play on PS4 btw)
    • Like x 4
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

Sorry, I misspoke. It was the Phillips CD-i.
    • Like x 3
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah im kinda torn on this one. More money is great but when you already have serious issues lingering it becomes iffy.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    High end stuff you got there.

I do have to wonder when we'll hear more news on cross play and on the x-box info. I highly, highly doubt cross play between consoles would happen but if they could somehow work it out that'd be incredible.
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  13. Stiltz New Player

Thanks for the response Mepps. I'm sure that's all most of us were looking for, as opposed to the dismissive "tinfoil hat" post from last night. The reason I commented on the silence was because this thread has been growing so fast and concerns and paranoia were running rampant with no response at all. I didn't even think about the fact that it's the weekend because I'm at work right now so screw you guys lol.

I'm glad you took the time to alleviate some fears and acknowledge the communities concerns. I think this particular circumstance requires special attention because of the excitement surrounding the new UI and the implication of what it would mean for the future of this game. Hearing that it's been scrapped or on hold was enough for many to question if there really are long term plans for this game.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The experience on PS3 has been and continues to steadily improve. More people playing the game means more resources for everything and everyone going forward.
    • Like x 10
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

Darn! Back in the storage tote it goes then. Phooey!
    • Like x 1
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

Kinda feels like the opposite with each DLC being released having rendering issues.
    • Like x 2
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I short DevDirt a PM about this but you want to try to look at how latency effects counter mechanics on the PS side because they're extremely inconsistent from what I gather.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

20. Alekimsior New Player

I don't agree with this. It is a business. Like most businesses they depend on customer loyalty and satisfaction to stay in business. And it is not a privilege that they review our feedback, but smart business. How else will they know how to cater to the very people that keep them productive?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.