Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightws Dedicated Player

So it's not even going to be considered to get any changing? So ultimately this AM is like mental AM since there's going to be 0 feedback.

If you do choose not to change anything with the power. You would have to remove some mechanics to allow this to even be performed. Proximity aggro can't be a thing if you have to melee with rage AM.
    • Like x 5
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Not following your reasoning here. How would your proposed changes make Rage melee more viable? Also, don't expect RP to be usable with the AM. Same suggestion was made for Celestial, and we didn't get it. Basically, since there is might damage intermingled with precision damage during clipped combos of Rage and Celestial, the RP mod can't be activated.
    • Like x 5
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

And Bloodlust is already a precision and crif buff lol....
    • Like x 3
  4. Nemisor Committed Player

I'll echo what others have said, there is simply no high end content that can be meleed successfully. Its how you guys have made the game. So how about buffing rage blast to compete with dreadfull to give us another ranged option? Or even make it a finisher so we can have a bit of variaty at range?
    • Like x 1
  5. Master Play Committed Player

I did not know it was a crit buff, thats new to me.
  6. Master Play Committed Player

You've misread. I'm not proposing to make melee more viable - I am stating that it ISN'T a viable choice in higher content raids. This is a proposal to buffing it's range. Thanks for your input though.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

It's a 15% precision and 10% crit chance buff to you and 3 others.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, I was just going off this statement:

"With this, rage melee should be fine and able to compete with quantum and celestial."
  9. Gerbal New Player

Has anyone noticed the damage on dreadful blast is identical in savage state without bloodlust and a pi. For example i started plasma retch bloodlust into dreadful blast. In that scenario if i continued casting dreadful blast after 3rd one it hit for approximately the same damage as 7 cast after that without reapplying plasma retch or bloodlust. Tested again while keeping plasma retch and bloodlust up and the numbers were again approximately the same as scenario 1. Is this intended or should you get higher values if u keep the pi up
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Theory crafting here but relentless anger just became a lot more useful especially for melee builds
    • Like x 1
  11. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

If it saved you from oneshots yea, but it doesn't and every AoE in the current three raids that the boss does around himself as he attacks the tank will oneshot a dps.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Has anyone calculated the % of the AM damage buff?
    • Like x 1
  13. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

More suggestions:
    Speed up Dreadful blast animation or add a small DoT to it
    Match Ferocity with Bloodlust both duration and cooldown
    Increase Plasma Retch Cooldown/Damage/Duration
    Increase Berserk range
  14. Master Play Committed Player

Yes, that was a typo - it's meant to say range. :)
  15. Lando Level 30

I've seen it suggested somewhere before and I've also seen where you guys have said you aren't gonna change any of the powers but Galling Eruption REALLY needs to be made like inferno where its cast not just applied to a close semi mid ranged Aoe. As many have said melee isn't really an option in end game until we outgear it EVERY powerset needs a range option.
    Quantum is cake stay as far away and run your fingers across your number keys = win. No way I want that with rage (quantum bores me to tears) but we should be able to use our main powers in range if need be.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Ok, so looking at it closer, the PI only boosts the might tick of the combo and Bloodlust only affects the crit chance of the might tick and the prec boost of Bl does nothing for the combo damage once you're in the savage state. Basically, once you're in savage state you're locked at a certain damage lvl that your prec combos will do; I've not tested how to see if supply and trinkets will boost the savage state, though.

You do quite a bit more damage if your rotation has the PI and buff in it, but I was kind of surprised at how you can't really boost the savage state damage a lot with skillful rotation or play.
    • Like x 2
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

I get that this update is not going to see any big changes with range or changing the functionality of powers. But you have to understand, it's really quite boring that Dreadful Blast clipped into itself with the occasional buff is the only viable ranged AM rotation. The damage isn't above what it could already do with WM either.

I could be wrong, but it seems like only precision damage from combos are getting a buff from Savage State while the might damage remains unchanged. Can I recommend that the might damage from dreadful blast, plasma retch, galling eruption, etc. also get a buff from Savage State; or get a further buff if it's already being buffed?
    • Like x 2
  18. ACW37162 Loyal Player

So no new ranged combos or additions, boooooooooo

How about a proximity damage boost for dreadful blast inside of 12.5 m?
    • Like x 3
  19. PhantomVision New Player

Problem is that Rage crash mechanic isnt the absolute "God mode" state like it was supposed to be, especially not in Dps role.
    Healing back is not instant but comes with a little delay so if you receive spike damage above your health stats you just die.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wanning Comet Committed Player

To add to your point, neither rage mode extends the Savage state so you might no even be able to activate rage mode without losing your damage boost, I've not tried to test it though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.