Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I don't think giving that buff exlusively to Rage is a good idea.
    • Like x 4
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

well it would fit rage playstyle besides if quantum could get that option aswell lol u can imagine...
  3. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Yeah but I'm mostly concerned about power like Earth that used to be considered a melee power because of jackhammer. If Rage got that exclusive buff it would basically mean it would be the only power that is meant to melee.
  4. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I hope they gonna change the mechanic or the dmg, for the moment i am very disappointed.

For comparison with armor 99 no trinket nothing with Celestial AM i kill the sparring target in 1min 26 ; Ice AM 1.37 ; Rage WM 1.46 and Rage AM (range loadout) 2 min.

If it is intented to be mele for doing dmg in rage it is very awkward, when you know for Ares and Hades it is the more closed who get the agroo.

Finnaly i hope Devs you gonna hotfix server punishement soon and the dmg by transformed player in shade in TOD on the tank ( i know for the rage but i don't know if it the same for other power tank) for exemple my groupe member hit me for 20-30k domage on me and rage mode don't get heal for that ( record is 37k dmg, the true boss is my grp member :p) thx.
    • Like x 4
  5. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I tested range Rage WM rotation vs. range Rage AM rotation (no weapon damage) without any white mods on the 3 sparring targets and was actually suprised to see that I got 12.6k effective DPS on both. I'll try to redo the test again and upload it later.
    • Like x 1
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

idk but i have the same feeling i had during mental GU ...
    • Like x 3
  7. PhantomVision New Player

Unfortunately there were no new additions for dps-ing from range like everybody requested.

I think adding a Sphere DoT to Channel Hate similar to Naure's Roar approach and adding a ranged combo to Frenzy would have fixed Rage's brutal lack of ranged options.

Im also getting the feeling this will end up like Mental changes thread. :(
    • Like x 9
  8. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Could you add Infuriate and possibly Berzerk to the powers that extend Savage State?
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well does anyone think the damage is still lacking?
  10. spord Developer

The problem with losing the Savage state and not getting power back from clipping to quickly is the same as with Celestial. So there will be a small update to Eviscerate, Outrage's Extra Measure, Dreadful Explosion, and Revenge Spin so that if you clip them really quickly you won't lose the AM damage. However, it will require that you not clip too quickly on the first Rage Combo you use. The reason is because you have to register hitting your target in order to be tagged to get the extra damage. If you didn't have to then you would always get the extra damage. This change will hopefully get to PC Test this weekend.

We will not be changing the powerset to have different abilities or changing the current ones to be ranged attacks.

We will be reducing the cooldown for Galling Eruption as well as having Mangle, Berserk, and Infuriate extend a Savage state. These changes will probably hit PC Test next week.

*Note the cooldown change will also be for Electrocute, Circle of Destruction, and Circle of Protection.
    • Like x 10
  11. Ogat New Player

May I ask what the point of this update is then? Beecause melee dpsing is not viable in top tier content... at all neither relentleess anger nor bilion resto healers can change that.. Can You at least change Galing eruption to spawn underneath the target instead of underneath the player?
    • Like x 14
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The damage isn't lacking....the melee rotations are strong and compete with top tier powers. The ranged rotation can be great but it depends on your speed and how you are specced. Once you let the first combo drop to get Savage State.....then you can spam Dreadful Blast and refresh your buffs when they are off cooldown. Doing that yielded me about 24k effective DPS which was terrific. But the problem is that folks would like another ranged power to cycle with Dreadful Blast rather than just spamming it. It's no different to RcW spamming.
    • Like x 5
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Consensus opinion from before rage was announced though now, a majority of rage users would like a second viable range option.

Even something simple would be appreciated
  14. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I'm confused so are you saying Rage is a Combo power yet if you want to Range DPS all you do is Dreadful Blast->Combo->Combo/Plasma Retch repeat with buffs? So you guys are ok with a combo power having only one ranged combo option? Why even make this a combo AM then? What's the point? And if you respond that they are supposed to integrate the melee combos in there as well don't even bother because obviously you haven't even played the game in the past year if that's your response. It's not the players fault that the melee dpsing in the game is undoable. Not even the most skilled player can melee dps in this game atm with Rage because you guys fail to design any content that allows it. The melee dpsing of this game has been down hill for awhile now and EVERYTHING you guys do proves that. Content has bosses that frequently do oneshoting aoe attacks around them even though the tank should be their target, WM was introduced and converted the crit bonuses of melee weapons over to Ranged weapons, Melee WM combos were severely nerfed so all we have left is to spam DW or HB. Nothing you guys have done in the past year and a half has been beneficial for melee dpsing.
    • Like x 6
  15. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Thanks for the quick reply. I have still have a couple inquires though:

• I was wondering if Rage will receive the same 5% crit weapon damage that Celestial and HL get when not specced into WM?
    • And does the Plasma Burn PI play a factor in increasing the combo damage or does Savage State take completely over?
    • Would you guys be willing to reduce the cooldown on Outrage to better match the cooldowns of Frenzy and Revenge or does the fact that Outrage have another damage bonus under 50% health play a factor into this?
    • And any changes to Berserk in terms of duration? Or do you guys think it's fine where it's at?
    And regarding the viability of performing melee combos in current content, do you guys think it's fine to perform?
    It could be possible in scenarios where you would hit bosses opposite of the tank (the boss's backside) and pop Relentless Anger for the healing protection but it would still not protect you from one shots per se (maybe with careful positioning and moving out the way then the one shots could be avoided). I don't think it would be possible in Throne to even try this on bosses unless you switch to ranged which obviously would be viable. I don't think people would have a problem switching to Dreadful Blast for situations like this but the concern is mainly with the melee moves which are lunges and up on the enemy's face.

So we aren't getting any other ranged option is understood now and frankly IMO it's not needed because Dreadful Blast itself is powerful enough to compete according to my graphs. Just need the right spec, rotation, and cycling of buffs.
    • Like x 4
  16. Rokyn Dedicated Player

You yield better DPS when you perform Dreadful>Combo>Combo/Dreadful than using Retch to clip. Retch is not really needed for the AM since you need to only cycle GE/Bloodlust/Ferocity and the majority of the damage is coming from the second Dreadful Blast combo. Now unless you need to be totally at ranged than you will need to use Retch for the PI. It would be nice to change GE to cast under the enemy but the way it is now is okay I guess since it has a fairly large AoE.

I'll see if I can upload the graphs later to explain this.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I'm starting to think that the plasma burn PI doesn't matter once you're in the savage state, but I'm still looking at it.

I think you really only need the PI for the first combo and then you just need bl after that and combos. Guessing it's sort of like HL how the daze PI is built into the AM, for that matter, Bl might be built into savage state the same way inspiration is.

If I'm right then galling and retch are just passive DoTs you can have running while you combo.
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah that's precisely what I'm thinking. I still can't run base numbers yet since I'm away from home and I have limited time to get on test. Tomorrow is the weekend and maybe I can get some stuff done.
  19. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Thats what I was putting Retch in there for the PI.
    • Like x 2
  20. Master Play Committed Player

Hello Spord,

As said by the majority of the players here, Rage melee is not viable melee in higher content raids. Some changes should definitely by made to it's range. I recommend making it so that as long as Rage's savage - or dreadful blast is being actively combo'd - rage user's will retain their hit counter. This will let rage users utilize the Relentless Precision mod like hardlight users, which is more fitting for precision based heavy-hitters. I also recommend a small animation speed incease to dreadful blast. With this, rage melee should be fine and able to compete with quantum and celestial.

Another option could be to make bloodlust a precision and crit buff.

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.