Have the Premium Players got a Escrow Increase?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Feb 21, 2015.

1. XODUIS Committed Player

Haven't played since Trigon and was thinking about getting back into the game. Has Premium Escrow increased since then?
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Nope.
    • Like x 11
  3. XODUIS Committed Player

Really? How do you even survive T6 without an increase?
  4. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Very carefully. Vendor gear doesn't exceed 2000 cash in price and you can sell the gear you get as drops for 2100 cash.
    • Like x 6
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

They keep stuff like soder stacks and sell them when they need the extra cash for repairs, trade exos for higher priced stuff and so on. Also they probably utilize the escrow tokens. It would drive me insane to be premium for any longer than a month. The only time it happens is those rare scenarios in which I'm bled so dry that I literally don't even have 15 bucks to spare. That is rare though. Maybe once or twice throughout a year.
    • Like x 5
  6. XODUIS Committed Player

It would be so much more helpful to increase it to 5k. Hopefully Daybreak will make some changes
    • Like x 1
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

The last thing they want to do is make it easier. They want everyone to sub.
    • Like x 6
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

Why not just make the game pay to play already then are they trying to pull a fast one on people.
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

*Head desk* And here we have half of all cash cap threads in a single sentence... I still disagree with this sentiment simply because premium is a thing. If they wanted everyone to subscribe to play end game content then they wouldn't be selling access to end game content as DLC to begin with.
    • Like x 5
  10. Enzan Committed Player

I'm still all in favor to increase the cap a little, or let us repair from our escrow, but gear drops are like 1.2k+ a piece or so, and make it easier to just sell a piece or two to repair all the gear.

But to be fair, I'm only like 7 slots away from meeting Legendary's inventory space.
    • Like x 7
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Myself I consider escrow tokens to be way overpriced for what they are... If they were cheaper(Like 50 SC and lower for the withdraw tokens) then maybe they might be worth the price... But yeah, escrow tokens are overpriced in my opinion.

Also it would be nice if we could get money trading at the premium level.(I'm not asking for a freebee though, I'd fully expect it to be an extra feature that you would have to pay at least 10000 SC for...)
    • Like x 1
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

They offered the premium and free to play options as a necessity, not a preference. DCUO was originally supposed to be a subscription only game. There were some complications that lead to them having to switch to this current model.

I'm not saying they don't want premium players. They obviously do. But if they had the option to choose, everyone would be legendary. I'm not making this stuff up man, feel free to look into it yourself. This is not an opinion of mine. This is a reason that has been stated before.
    • Like x 7
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

That was Sony most likely... They are under new management. We don't know what Columbus Nova will decide to do, but I figured the investment firm would care more about making the game profitable than they would about forcing people to subscribe. At least that's my hope... At this point it shouldn't matter if it was originally pitched as a subscription game back then. It's not a pure subscription game anymore and the sooner the Devs accept that they can make more money by catering to all of their customers than they will by trying o box everyone into an outdated business model the better.
    • Like x 3
  14. L T Devoted Player

But you have to be careful about what you sell because you will not be able to buy it back.
    • Like x 3
  15. L T Devoted Player

And that is precisely the reason we see tons of "increase the cash cap" threads. People buy a bunch of the dlcs and then feel taken advantage of.
    • Like x 1
  16. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I guess it depends on what you consider "profitable". If I were in their shoes, I know I would certainly prefer everyone subscribe. The subscription gives the security of knowing a set amount that is coming in each month as a base line. That makes it alot easier to plan for funding of things. Anything over and beyond that is icing on the cake. And believe it or not, legendary players make micro transactions too. I know I certainly do.

Having that set known amount of cash flow is much easier for a business to work with than the POSSIBILITY of the next month being profitable. They want to KNOW it will be. That is why subscriptions are so much better in their eyes. That is why subscriptions offer so much more. Part of what is included in that, is unlimted access to your in-game cash.
    • Like x 2
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Well they shouldn't. They knew the terms before they ever did that.
    • Like x 3
  18. XODUIS Committed Player

A 1k increase per bought DLC would be more than fair to say the least
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

Escrow does not have any limit, as far as I'm aware. There have been no updates on how people can access it unless the 5 day withdrawal came out after the Trigon DLC.
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

The others ^ explained how to cover repair costs.

For crafting, Soder Cola Extremes now return a percentage of your health and power, so you don't have to craft expensive consumables all the time.

And all T3+ gear vendors now sell synthetic mods, so you can stay reasonably well modded without having to craft mods.
    • Like x 3