Dev Discussion DLC13: Patrol Catastrophe - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sannio, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbel Devoted Player

Spark of Ion duo. Specifically the barrel in Cheetah's room.
    • Like x 1
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

The healing crystal in the final boss fight of Supply Lines.
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

The healing barrel in the final boss fight of Patrol Catastrophe as well. (Inside the Bottle, not the warehouse)
  4. Dementia New Player

Is there any reason why the instances are solo?

It's not a 1-man challenge, and it shouldn't be treated as such. I run the dailies in the zone with someone, and I really don't see why we can do parts of this quest together and parts of it we have to be on our own, waiting for the other to be done etc...

It makes the whole thing unnecessarily obnoxious.
    • Like x 2
  5. AgentX44 Committed Player

I am assuming that you have not done any of the Home Turf content? It somewhat follows that style of content where there is an open world part of the mission, then there's also an solo instance part.
  6. Dementia New Player

HT dailies were doable in a group. It's only the one every 5 days special quest that was a solo instance. And I had the same gripe with it.

There's a whole tab for solo content. Open world stuff should be what it's called, open world.
    • Like x 1
  7. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Think of it as a 1 Player Operation.
  8. Dementia New Player

Yeah, that's really what it is. It's pretty kickass too, I love doing it everyday. I still think it serves little purpose to enforce soloing in the instances, it's not like you can boost anyone considering the quest is CR gated.
  9. Ch3wtobacco New Player

35 runs not a single handblaster has dropped over 3 characters..everything else tho...usps3
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

Btw, on the first day or two I could hear the field report in the Gotham Freightyard Warehouse. Now everytime I do it on any character I won't hear the audio until I enter the Brainiac Bottle.

This is on USPC.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah have not seen HB either.

Got multiple copies of other weapons.... but not HB... the weapon I actually use.
  12. Ichiro Loyal Player

I got an over abundance of Bow, Pistols and 96 gear. had 98 HB drop once after buying 99 HB for both roles. I did get 2 98 utility belts to drop which was nice for both roles. they didn't have the consumable slot in the middle either which was really was exciting.
  13. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Range the mobs as you go, because they will get close & pound you into KO. Activate Robot Sidekick the second you enter. Go slow (there is NO speed feat) and if you can afford it, have a 5-pack of Repair bots in case you need them. Save the repair-bots for the first boss in the warehouse.
    Once you get the missing report, take out the mobs ONE AT A TIME, be careful not to alert the boss. It will one-shot you if alerted (and I'm a DPS HL CR 112 w/ a 414 dmg rifle & dual pistols). Take out the Brainiac Drone before assaulting the boss. Make sure you have plenty of Soders (I'm reccomending Ultra). Make note of the orange barrel in the left-hand corner. Move it to a more accessable spot if you need to.
    Summon pets & back-up before attacking (the more the merrier) Use your heavy-strikes first off, then range the boss until it calls in more back-up. Use the shaft above the middle of the room to wait out any cooldowns. Let your pets & minions take on the boss & adds, then keep ranging the boss. Re-summon your minions ASAP. If you kill the boss before you get KO'd, it's all good. This is why;
    The leftover Brainiac adds will ignore you if you respawn & slip in without alerting them, get to the downed Drone & get it's info, THEN HEAD BACK TO THE ENTRANCE. Avoid any leftover mobs & get out of there.

Once back into the world, go repair at the staging area, then continue with the mission.
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

After the last GU all soders restore the same set range of percentage of health and power.

The update notes:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...y-part-ii-game-update-44.236124/#post-3065324

"• Long Live Soder Cola Extreme!
    o All colas with an item level of 30 or more now heal a percentage of your maximum Health and Power, rather than a flat amount that doesn't scale.
     This means that starting at level 30 the only cola needed for healing Health and Power is the Soder Cola Extreme. Higher level healing colas and cola recipes will no longer drop and no longer be sold on vendors.
     Pre-existing item level 30+ cola items, such as Soder Cola Lime and Soder Cola Ultra, will heal the same ratio of Health and Power as a Soder Cola Extreme.
     Please note that specialized "buffing" cola recipes, such as Nitro Soder Cola or All-Natural Soder still drop as they did and still buff as they always have. However the healing component of these colas will again be the same as a Soder Cola Extreme."
  15. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

They may buff the same, but I've noticed that Ultra has a slightly faster cool-down than Lime & most of the others. I recommended Ultra solely for that purpose, Trust me, a few seconds less on cool-down makes a MAJOR difference between delivering a fast final last-second kill-blow to your target than having to wait for respawn & your target's health resets.
  16. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Once you get the requisite Fury and Myth marks, hit the vendor in the Themyscira Staging Area named "Karen" for the lvl 99 weapons. They do 448 dmg & cost 70 MoF and 35 SoM2. I've already got my eyes locked on the Dual Pistols, Rifle, HBs & Shield there.
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Okay found an issue with this mission

I was farming the walking dead feat, well was going to farm the feat. After playing through the warehouse I killed everything and found the stone crystal thing but didn't fight the Brainiac boss in the next room. Instead I just left the warehouse to re-enter it all over again. When I left the warehouse I had completed the objective meaning you can skip that boss fight.

This has got to be unintended and made me unable to farm the walking dead feat. So what I'm saying here is the boss encounter in the warehouse can be skipped over just by exiting the warehouse. Even disconnecting might cause you to skip over him now that I think about it lol.
  18. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Opps sorry, this broken the mission. I can't complete the mission anymore.

What happened when you skip the final boss fight is this. You get locked in a loop you cannot get out of. When I'm outside the warehouse it says "Go to Gotham Fright yard Warehouse to continue your mission." When I'm inside the Warehouse it says this "Exit Gotham Freight yard Warehouse and Trackdown additional Brainiac Array Drones."

I'm stuck in this infinite loop. Please fix this.
  19. Bedlin New Player

Ok so fast question, that I think I know the answer to but want to confirm it. When Patrol Catastrophe went live a few days ago I picked it up on my level 103 fire tank, today I finally figured out how to get through it, and got a CR 97 item from the reward which made me CR 104. I wanted to run it again via replay, however I don't see it available anymore. So did they mess up when they first released it and I shouldn't actually have been able to grab it until 106? Or is it just not available for replay and It will show up again tomorrow?
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

You weren't supposed to be able to get it if you're under 106 CR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.