Single Marks Currency Please!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FutureMan, Feb 9, 2015.

1. FutureMan New Player

It makes no sense to have so many different types of marks for gear and weapons.

Didn't the DEV's try to fix this with using Marks of Triumph only to add Fury, Symbols,,etc...etc.

Case in point..
    I would like to earn a real peace of gear, say a 99 weapon, but my toon is traveling through the void that is
    103/106 and is stuck in the grind.. I know, you've done it!

1) The new DLC means nothing to me at this point since I can not enter 107 content and I would likely be kicked from the group anyway for being a low CR. I am finding that even the T6 content type of 92/94 vendor gear isn't worth the grind.
    2) Even T6 Raids are kick fests for low CR toons, or not even doable with low CR toons. The Alerts are decent and can be done, but the Symbol of Power 1 gear is hardly better than what drops and not worth buying.

Sure, this is a complaint thread, but it's just and righteous!!

Make the darn 99 weapon or gear cost 400,000 marks of triumph each and let us take advantage of our lower end content that we are able to run and do reasonable in. The game is such a grind where I am at right now, it's a why even play moment? I can't imagine how you guys level up more than one toon to 111/112.. doing the same missions over and over (6 or so of them) just to save for ONE item that is hardly better..

I sub, but hate this Marks junk...just letting you know!
    • Like x 1
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

No.

You should not be able to buy the Af2 Vendor 99 gear by solely running AF1 or HoP 1 content. You should have to run AF2 content, at least 50% of the time. Which is the exact point of the 2 Mark system. It's perfect.
    • Like x 14
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I agree about the marks. They always keep the latest mark around and everything below moves to MoTs. This is basically a tier verification. But it doesn't seem necessary because tiered gear is already CR locked. It just makes the numbers friendlier to the current top tier.
    [Edit: One second thought, the marks make sense too because you can be at the proper tier and farm lower easier content if there was only one mark... though that would be painfully slow anyway! The devs have to make a system that the user can't break even at extremes so there you go.]

The symbols do make sense as they are DLC verification. It's to prevent farming marks from one DLC and spending on a later DLC at the same tier. An example of this is SoT -> WotL1... before symbols were implemented. You could farm out MoR (at the time) very quickly because SoT content was quick and easy. You save out those marks, not buying from SoT vendors. Then you skip and buy from the WotL1 vendor... a DLC that was all large content and with a significant increase in gear stats. You can have the full WotL1 suit easily without having played that DLC. From a traffic flow perspective, this is not good for the product.
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Play the game it is ment to be played. The thingy is called "progress" and this so called "progress" gets you through alerts to raids to higher alerts to higher raids and in between you can do some solos and duos. Not everything will be handed and the current system is pretty decent because it actually 'forces' you to play the content for its gear.
    • Like x 2
  5. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

The system is fine as is, because this is a MMORPG and there is supposed to be a grind. If you would rather play a game where you can get everything you want without grinding but still play online with others, I could suggest Call of Duty or something similar to that. MMOs are not designed for the extremely casual gamer, because you need to put time into it to keep up with the current content. I think the Devs have seen the error of converting all of the Marks to MoT as well as the T5 fiasco. Also, word on the street is that T7 is going to have a SP requirement as well as CR, so there is more grinding necessary for a majority of players.
  6. ChuckLess New Player

I highly doubt that would ever happen.
    • Like x 6
  7. FutureMan New Player

It's all relative to time friends and play style.

If it takes 20 minutes to Run a T6 Alert and you have to run it say 15 times to get a piece of gear, that is = 5 hours of play time, not considering that the content needs replays to run again for rewards or waiting another day or so to play again. That's ONE piece of gear!
    To get the set it requires about 50 hours of play time spread out over months. Running the SAME content OVER and OVER.

Wow, what a waste of time.

I could play casually and actually ENJOY the game and run ALL the other DLC's that came before the latest one. Sure it will take 10X longer to get ONE piece of 99 gear, but I will have earned what I wanted and had a good time playing the whole game and not just the same 6 instances for months.

I can't believe people actually enjoy wasting their time doing the same thing over and over... just blows me away.

Talking about the DLC issue, well just make it so you HAVE to own the DLC or Sub to buy the gear from that DLC. it's an easy fix, but don't force the content and let groups kick players,,etc,, etc,..
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea why not make everything cost a gagizillion amount of marks. While we are at it. lets just throw our ps3's out the window.
  9. FutureMan New Player

It's no big deal...It's a "failed burn out" type of game anyway.

Roxy said it best "It's suppose to be a GRIND"... why? I thought it was suppose to be fun?

I've played off and on since launch and can't stand the grind more than a month or two and it becomes a total waste of time the way they force replays to grind for gear with the stupid mark variants.

I'm done....

The DEV's really should consider trying to make the game fun by rewarding a more Sandbox currency. Better gear should just cost more.
    • Like x 1
  10. RSL New Player

are you only running raids? lots of marks to be found in alerts and solo content but it's harder to coast on other people as much in those.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if by perfect you mean dumb i totally agree you want people to play current content to get most current gear easily solved my making a new mark with each DLC
  12. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Word on the street ? lol. Stop spreading rumors, please.
    • Like x 3
  13. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Then the past content of the tier has zero replayability once a new DLC drops. Wouldn't that make things worse ?o_O
    • Like x 1
  14. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Actually, I heard it from Mepps in a tell.
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no as people only run the new content now try building a group even on hero side for Crime and intergang noone runs it now.. im fine with it also dropping fury for say the style vendor or to convert to triumph if you need the marks for some reason.. Im just saying the gear in new DLC its self should only need the required mark to purchase not both
  16. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I don't hate the symbols, I don't like them either though. I mean, I get what the Devs are trying to do with them. But I think its a bit misexecuted.
    Here's my thoughts:
    In my opinions it should take X days to earn a piece of gear. Like 1 day for shoulders, feet, hands, mask, rings, neck; two days for back, head; three days for chest and legs.
    Now what I mean by 'days' is, if we have access to 1 solo, 1 duo, 1 alert, 1 4-Op, 1 Raid, and 1 8-Op, the total number of earned marks should equal what you need for the 1 day gear. Double the total earnable marks for 2 day and triple for 3 day. When the next DLC comes out, you'd get more content awarding that Mark. So, that tiers gear should be equal to the new total number of daily earnable makrs, and so on.
    This would encourage either the playing of the new content to a greater or equal amount as the old, or, encourage Replay sales for those who just want to run the lesser Top Tier content.
    The above idea is mostly to return the game to a play you way approach. Again, I understand why the Devs did what they did. I also understand that the above idea is based purely off of my opinions and may not reflect the desires of the community as a whole. But, if I don't offer my thoughts, how will you ever know them.
  18. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I think a "one currency" system would be a good thing, keeps old content from seeming as pointless. If you are going to stay with the multi-currency system, make sure you can transfer all currency types into either MoT or MoF. Please.
  19. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Symbols are not Marks (or currency in the normal sense) they are only there to make sure that at least half of your Marks come from that DLC. It was either this or have 4 Marks in T6 and then nobody would need AF or HoP after getting the gear from those DLCs.
    • Like x 3
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Symbols are useless. They are only there to get you to run the content for that DLC to achieve the gear. Which, the way current gear is distributed, just a style feat. Even moreso now with AF2's dropped gear actually being higher AGAIN than the vendor gear.
    • Like x 3