These high cr guys

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by algiz99, Feb 6, 2015.

1. algiz99 Active Player

I just created a new character just hit level 30 and starting alerts. These high cr guys are ruining the experience of early alerts because their cr is so high they make it too easy and less challenging. It's not fun, I was hoping I was going to progress from cr 30-100+ but with these high level players they're ruining it.

Maybe something should be done so players with really high crs (100+) can't join in with low level players
    • Like x 5
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Form your own group.
    • Like x 38
  3. ChuckLess New Player

Make your own group.
    • Like x 13
  4. algiz99 Active Player

Dunno that sounds like that could be extra complicated even if you're in a league it can be hard to organize stuff.
    • Like x 1
  5. EP Ice Loyal Player

Don't worry, stat clamping for that very reason is......

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  6. Delta795 New Player

So wait let me get this straight. If I need to go in as 112Cr DPS into something in the T2 range (provided there is no walk in) for styles etc..You are against this because I make it too easy?

Most of the time I switch to my alt role on whatever toon I'm on to assist and explain the the people what to do and help them along.
    If you want to "experience the game" form your own group. I have just as much right to queue in as you do

Stop whining
    • Like x 12
  7. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Lol. Your options are to sucks it up and fly through the content , or get your way and have no higher CR players in the content and not run it at all. Remember these came out years ago and there aren't too many low level people running them. So I'd sucks it up and be happy anybody is running it.
    • Like x 5
  8. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Or maybe you could form your own group for styles. It is not the fault of people advancing at level that you have not gotten your stlye. It is ridiculous to think someone has to form a group to "experience the game" when they are moving thru the lower tiers.
    • Like x 2
  9. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I like how nooine thinks outside the box with answering this they jus say form your own group, Its sounds simple but might not be available for what ever reasons. It is true I get bored with running lower content with high CR players. I've seen people stay at the starting point and let the high CR players run the content. Maybe they should have where you can PUG by your request with matching CRs where you Que. Example being I pick FoS3 I choose kinda like how in legends you pick your character you can pick if you want a group that all matches your CR or run a normal search.
  10. Delta795 New Player

You're correct it isn't but in the natural progression of the game and how drops are you will likely never get all the styles from a certain instance before you are overgeared for it. I know people that run Oan / Coast City every week trying to finish Sector styles or Prime just to get the helm (and that's only 2 styles) I personally have NEVER seen CC hood drop and I run that EVERY week. Sorry but your Argument is FALSE and not well thought out. I don't go in and 1 shot everything leaving the newer players at the start while I finish off the boss & I think I clarified that. If I shout in LFG for a half hour for something low level and get no response you can bet I'm gonna queue into it.

Be prepared for EXTREMELY long QUEUE times.

This is all probably a moot point here soon as I'm assuming stat clamping is coming and for those that don't want to be stat clamped have the ability to walk in. Tell then, this is how it is
    • Like x 5
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I'm one of those if you run Oan. I still need some styles there. I do adjust myself though and the display of equipped CR helps in this case. If I get grouped with high tiered players, I know it's a routine style run and we just blow through it. If I see people at tier, I switch to my lowest damaging support armory and only do support.

More matchmaking options would help, but it's probably not in the game because they want queue times to be fast. There will be more opportunities to tweak matchmaking options after the crossplay is implemented though.
    • Like x 8
  12. Antwoman Dedicated Player

if you puck it knowing that thats up you isn't? Que times aside this is a to not limit CR so high CR players csn still run it normally. You don't have to form a group which could a long time probably as long if you had a long Que time. The way I suggested is a win win. If its faster for normal runs go if some rather play it with their own matching CR nothing wrong. Also the Que times would effect if you are hero or vilian more. For Villians Que times for lowet content is already long and are getting compliants not really enough to say it cannot work just off que times alone.
  13. Saami Loyal Player

In very low tiers i just go tank and pretend to be almighty unbeatable demigod.
    • Like x 4
  14. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I agree its a community issue some might not express that don't want to rush through of sone higer ups don't tone it back and consider lower CRs. I usually ask if they want to rush it fast or not before hand.
    • Like x 1
  15. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Are you Hercules?
  16. Buzzardblack New Player

I hope they do stat clamping. Give me a walk-in and let the complainers enjoy waiting for eternal ques, while not progressing.
    • Like x 11
  17. Delta795 New Player

I agree its an option, main point is you probably have a larger percentage of people 2-4 tiers higher for that instanvmce than people at the CR band. That's why I said be ready for extremely long queue times as there are simply less people to choose from.

Either way you will have issues. If you queue you take your chances somebody with max cr is going to faceroll everything or you try and build a group which could take a long time.
    • Like x 3
  18. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Hey i understand what you are going thru as far as styles got like 9 that i need one piece for to complete so that i would be out of the new guys hair. It is clear you did not think your supposed argument through very well. I keep in mind that when i que for a instance it may be with a group of people who may be fairly new to the instance just like i was once. I have to ask though why are you adamant about others forming groups to experience the game but yet you feel as though you should not form your own group to style hunt.
  19. Delta795 New Player

Why should I? We all have the option to queue of form groups
    Because my toon is infinitely more powerful than theirs I should be excluded?
    Again its a moot point as stat clamping / walk ins seem inevitable but coming in here and complaining about someone ruining you experience so everything should be changed is silly.
    There are just as many helpful people in game as there are dbags you just gotta keep going.
    • Like x 5
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

OP has every right to be able to experience the challenge set by each tier.
    Others have every right to pug queue at ridiculous high cr to finish off style feats.
    No one is right or wrong here.
    Optional clamping which is on the way will alleviate this issue. Until then I'd suggest using LFG to form your own group.
    • Like x 5