96 Gear in new dlc

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrLobo, Feb 4, 2015.

1. DrLobo New Player

Why? I know it's just alerts but it's annoying receiving 96 gear in new content with adds cr of 115. Makes me not want to run new alerts cause 96 gear drop rate is high as far as I seen, especially the neck.
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well it was either that, or extra marks...which a lot of people seemed to complain about. A lot of people felt like they were getting "nothing" when they got the extra marks...so here we are.
    • Like x 16
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Exactly this.

No amount of improvements to the loot system, loot tables or anything will fix the fact that the developers intend for us to struggle to complete a full set of the best gear in order to encourage the sale of replay badges using "damn, so close! try again!" and "it has to be my time next! surely!" psychology.

You're either getting useless gear or bonus marks and I know personally I would have preferred the bonus mark.
    • Like x 22
  4. Crimson Jonni New Player

Does the 96 gear have a different style?
  5. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Nope
    • Like x 6
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't mind the 96 gear, but the drops of the alert is now terrible. They have actually my the loot table worse in the alerts
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

Only because it drops 96 gear is the reason I'm neglecting to run the Alerts. Imo the should have just made it drop 98 gear. That way its still decent, but vendor gear and raid gear is still better. It kinda feels like a downgrade from Wotl2's Vendor gear which is why I'm iffy about it. Asfar as gearing up is concerned, i'll rely on raid gear, but the alerts will only be for symbols and marks i guess
    • Like x 1
  8. DrLobo New Player

Really? I'd much rather has the bonus marks, in the LONG run, it's better.
    • Like x 4
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I agree with you, and so do others. But there was lot of grumbling the last two DLCs because people were getting marks instead of the gear they really wanted...it felt like they were getting "nothing". We all know it was better than actual nothing, but so many people were short sighted.
    • Like x 11
  10. just an honest dps New Player

i'd rather get the gear. i will buy the vendor gear in the end but at least with gear i can make baby steps towards higher cr.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

CR96 gear is only acceptable if its a different style or a rare style like Hive Defender was back in WOTL1. It wouldn't take much effort to create an extra style even for 25 feat points...even if the style was similar to others...
    • Like x 4
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You can't buy things with extra gear you don't need.
    • Like x 9
  13. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Last boss in alerts drops 98 gear
    • Like x 3
  14. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Solos drop 98, & just use the 96 for your alt role, buy some mot 5 mods or 5 exp mods, good times all around.
  15. ChuckLess New Player

These guys have no idea what they are doing. It's just getting worse with every DLC lately.

Idk who they are listening to (if anyone) but it certainly isn't the majority of the forum users.

Is this not the best source of player desires/info?

I get that not everyone, playing, is a member here, but if you're passionate about the game... you're here. Therefore, I would naturally assume our opinions would be considered first and foremost... That's not happening.
    • Like x 2
  16. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

If I remember correctly, ppl where containing why the solo in the last dlc had better gear than the raid drops in halls of power. So I guess they made it weaker or something to tend to some of the complainers. Also ppl were also crying about the extra marks, I'd much prefer the marks but I also see how irritating it was that going month or more with no loot but the extra marks could be a pain as well. But like some said, the devs want us to struggle for the beat gear and encouraging replay badges
  17. Prosser Dedicated Player

It does drop 98 gear, just at a similar frequency as the 96 gear dropped in WotL2. The 96 gear is just in place of the extra mark, so when you get one of those runs that would of gave you 3 MoF (love those times when I am starving for MoF) you get the extra 96 gear instead.
    • Like x 3
  18. Prosser Dedicated Player

Every boss actually can drop 98 gear, it is just rare is all.
    • Like x 8
  19. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

What's worse is 98 gear dropping in the raid. It's a waste of my time to replace my 97 gear with 98 only to then buy the 99 gear or get 100 gear if it drops. We don't need every piece of gear in one dlc to be one item level higher than the next. WOTL2 had it right in my opinion. AF2 should have given 98 in alerts, either 99 or 100 in the vendor and raids not have one higher than the other, then put the 101 stuff in elite raid.

Extra marks will get you the gear you need and is better than getting gear you don't need.
    • Like x 9
  20. HersheyKiss New Player

Thank the countless people on these forums who started threads every single week thru HoP1 and WOTL2 complaining about extra marks. The extra marks could be used for vendor gear and to turn into MoT. 98 and 96 gear is just salvage for most players. This is why the devs need to stop listening to these people.
    • Like x 9