The 3 Worst Things That Have Ever Come To DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Circe New Player

PVP Map Rotation
    Nobody likes when something you like and want to run becomes only available for a limited time, especially one that we used to able to run any time we want. This singlehandedly reduced the value of Last Laugh, and made getting the feats tied to these maps even harder. Not to mention being forced to run the same maps over and over again rather than being given the option of which you would like to run.

Mods
    Mods became a necessity, which greatly hurt the game and its community. While at first, it was fun and interesting they turned mods into a necessity to get into content and progress. Then came Synthetic mods, however while they seem like a blessing they have their faults as well. The main being that they also are costly. Because it wasn't enough that we had to deal with gear (CR) and SP.

Home Turf/Mainframe
    Home Turf was definitely my least favorite DLC thus far. They turned something that could've been so cool and fun into a costly hassle. I don't bother with the Mainframe anymore, it's just so annoying. Like the thought of just putting tons of Marks down only for the benefit of that to go away in a month feels like a pure sham. And then putting people who don't have this at a clear disadvantage...not cool in the slightest.

None of these 3 things are fun to me.
    • Like x 12
  2. Saami Loyal Player

I hate mods too. It kills joy to get new 98 gear from solo/4men stuff.
    Soon after you have to mod 99 gear again. It is grindy and/or costly.
    • Like x 4
  3. iSmashly New Player

Origin Crisis
    Caused a major divide in he community and was a major stepping stone in the rise of "Hardcores"

The Forums
    Allows people who shouldn't to express opinions

Amazon Fury Part 1
    Was the first time I fell asleep during content. Spilt my drink and everything, someone owes me a rum and coke.
    • Like x 17
  4. DarkChaosReign New Player

The other two I don't mind personally, but really wish the PvP rotation is changed. I wanna see a full map list and/or the ability to choose the map.
    • Like x 7
  5. FiveByFive New Player

you were drunk. that's not the DLC's fault.
    • Like x 7
  6. Gucciana Committed Player

dont like it dont play it you always have a choice lol
    • Like x 3
  7. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Another negative Circe topic. Why don't you post your 3 Best things ?
    • Like x 20
  8. RachaelRay New Player

1) stat clamping - even though it's only so far in seasonals, isn't this stupid on so many levels? From a money making standpoint....would people rather spend replays on something they can finish in say, 2 minutes over something they can finish in 10 minutes for the same reward? Seems like they are pissing away money on this one. 'Make it harder and more annoying so people want to play it less. That will make them spend more!' Simply idiotic.

2) rent- i pay a monthly fee. That should be rent enough. Seems like I am putting marks in my mainframe every day.....if I just filled for 15k triumph, why do I have to pay 625 tomorrow for the same category only to fill up to max again?

3) high hp bosses - easy fights made long for the sake of being long. Yawn.

bonus number 4 - pvp changes to gear and making level 10 people on the same level as 100cr pvp..... F@&$? You.
    • Like x 6
  9. Crimson Jonni New Player

I'm sorry but if you can't beat a new Level 10 player when you have the best gear in your possession, then its not the system that's in question, but rather you need to reevaluate your skills. It doesnt buff them up to level 100 stats, and boosts them to the bare minimum stats of the lowest tier of pvp gear. And even despite that, a skilled player with max gear should be able to tear through a player with lower stats than them. Just cause there is no more oneshotting the lowbies before they can press a button doesnt mean pvp is ruined like so many people on the forums drone on and on and on about.

Thats the only issue i had with your post,
    • Like x 9
  10. Ghostof91 New Player

1 Nerfing powers

2 Fotm powers

3 Selective viable power loadout ( why do we have cosmetic powers that take up space).
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Jawohl, Gruppenführer.
    • Like x 3
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Good luck with balancing content with Henchmen and Accomplices!
    in or outside PVP. (duel?)
    pets traditionally suck *** for a reason. they suck ***. and are marginal benefit that are more likely to prompt aggro of an npc than a player without a pet. **** U pets.
  14. Faust74 Loyal Player

That pretty much covers it for me.

the seasonal PvP gear was also a downer. You don't earn whole lot of marks and the grind of earning enough marks for the latest set can be big drag. Especially when you are Forced to run certain PvP maps each week. It gets Old Fast. Then once they release the new seasonal PvP gear set, your old set is turn in to trash, all in the name of "Equality".
    • Like x 1
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

1. Weapon Mastery - The combat was amazing before, WM just slowed it down and made it silly. The entire thing was supposed to create balance and we aren't close. It was supposed to make SP worthwhile, but hasn't even come close. Advanced mechanics are silly and too complicated a system and has caused nothing but headaches for the devs and anger from the players. So much unnecessary BS has come as a result of Weapon Mastery

2. Replay Badges - They've grown on me, but how and when they came was horrible for the game. For a year players were able to skip any and all difficult content and as a result we got players who just stunk. Gates could be reset for more marks and more reward than Prime, which lead to players getting geared up quick and easy. Same thing happened with Vengeance and Dawn and once we got actual challenging content it was too much for players to handle. No resetting the easy raid in OC. Like I said, I think they're fine now, but they created tons of issues for the playerbase and I believe they are the direct cause for all the horrible players we have now.

3. Extreme Weapon imbalance - This one kind of piggybacks on the first one and is more of an omission than an addition to the game, but irks me to no end. How they can allow this, 4 years into the game no less, is beyond me. Go into a raid with 2 players of equal caliber DPS power and skill level, give one dual wield and the other martial arts or dual pistols and I can guarantee without so much as a hint of doubt that the Dual Wield user wins. There is only 2 viable weapons in game, HB and DW, the rest are all absolutely terrible.
    • Like x 14
  16. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

The 3 worst things ever? Hmm...
    According to some, Game Update 3.
    Lag
    Hometurf in PvP was bad.
    Running into Circe in multiple times a week; you'll think someone would finally get the message after you beat them so many times.
    Whoever thought 500 Bounties and 5000 reapers were a fun idea.
    • Like x 2
  17. Nirvana 93 Well-Known Player

Weapon mastery:(I dislike it so much it all 3 of the worst things for me.
    • Like x 2
  18. ErnieB Loyal Player

freaking simple materials where 100k on broker, I should have stacked up when they where just 1k, but with 8 toons and the bad drop rate in T6 (and the inability to salvage vendor gear) it's getting harder and harder to get gear to salvage, and I could just grind low level stuff, but most of it ends up as broken components of some old Brainiac component.
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

Well if anything a group of 8 can do the reapers bounty in an hour.
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

For me was link dead, why you ask?, because it pretty much says they gave up on trying to fix the lag issues, not saying they aren't doing anything about it, but clearly the efforts aren't as great as before, hopefully with the new company and the plans for cross play this will all change soon.
    • Like x 1