Dead End for Solo and Duo Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Legion_of_One, Feb 3, 2015.

1. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I think overall, tier 6 was fun.....but the duos were lacking. I think adding a raid and only one duo in Wotl 2 hurt this game. I much prefered the small content/large content dlcs. With two alerts, 1 raid...I consider it three large content dlcs in a row. I hope HoP2 give us solos and duos...maybe 1 alert.
    • Like x 3
  2. Dezaras Loyal Player

Considering HOP 1 used random halls I think solos/duos in HOP 2 would be doable. For a solo/duo the game could randomly pick some league members to be captured (render them as NPCs) and the quest would entail rescuing them.
    Doesn't mean that logged in players would be exempt: I could run and rescue a leaguemate, who'd be logged on and probably rescuing me in his/her version of the solo. The only exempt member(s) would be the player(s) who're queued.

Bit of a stretch, might not be doable because of tech/resources, but it'd be cool to see.
  3. Prosser Dedicated Player

you know there is no guarantee that you will end up in your own hall when you do run them? unless you always do league only runs.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm another one of those "prefer solo/duo" players, so I can, to an extent, understand what the OP is talking about. It can seem like you're going to hit a wall sooner or later and it makes the path pretty difficult.

Thing is, it's something you HAVE to know going into solo/duo-only play. You will either be facing a wall or be eternally behind in terms of tier progression. It's a simple fact, and there's no way around it but engaging in larger group content.

I learned that fact from doing solo-only play in SWG and the Galactic Civil War system. I knew it was going to be a slower path for me here as well, and I've always been fine with that. If you aren't fine with slower progression or the higher risk of hitting a wall/dead end in tier progression, then you do need to rethink whether or not the solo/duo path is really the right way for you.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm aware of that. Like I said I'm being nitpicky.
    • Like x 2
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Can you buy syn 6 mods at CR 100? I know they are in the mogo vendor now, but the AF1 vendor only had syn 5 experts. If you can buy syn 6 mods at CR 100, I believe a big barrier for solo/duo players has been removed. It's still alot slower than running HoP, but not as big a barrier as having to craft all the mods.
  7. Lokkii Committed Player

It's sad that something this basic and obvious has got to be said.
    • Like x 1
  8. Prosser Dedicated Player

Lol well then pick away ;)
  9. Prosser Dedicated Player

I think you can. Think. I'm not at home or I'd check. Best thing to do would be just check next time you are in game.
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I know that is has been discussed and is in the works, but adding teleporter access to all instances would add to amount of solo and duo content exponentially. Some of the most challenging solo or duo content can be found in Raids and Alerts.

Something that you might consider when this happens is 'scaled and unattuned' loot when running content as a solo or duo.

For example if someone solos Prime at 100CR they would get unattuned loot drops in to 90CR-94CR range.
    • Like x 8
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Great idea. I can see us running challenges in our base as well. Mine is loaded with 9 artifacts so maybe Steppenwolf shows up to collect.
    • Like x 1
  12. ChuckLess New Player

People want to play NEW content. Everytime you come out with 4-8 man only DLC's you are blocking and or slowing down play time. Not everyone has a large league or friends list. Not many people want to PUG new content. So, people log in, have nothing new to do and log back out.

And to compound this issue, you came up with the "brilliant" idea of double currency for gear. That then makes the last DLC almost useless.

One or the other man. 4-8 man content WITHOUT double marks, or double marks on small group content only. Having both segregates a lot of players from being able to enjoy the game at any time any day.

It's overly obvious the structure of the last DLC was preferred by the majority of the players on this forum. I highly suggest canning the whole idea of large/small group DLC's moving forward.

And BTW, people really don't wanna hear "just skip it" and wait another few months.

I hope this post gets read and digested instead of just deleted. I'm not trolling or whatever. I'm am trying to voice an opinion that I believe needs to be heard. :)
    • Like x 5
  13. RSL New Player

so not only does such a player want to have top CR without running content they want to not even bother crafting mods either. classic DCUO never-try mentality.
    • Like x 2
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Step your dlc up. Get to 106 cr. Do the new solo in AF2. Grind it with 150 replay badges. You will be decked out in full 98 gear in no time at all. Mod'em up and you'll also have at least a 111+ cr. Whatever MoF and Symbols of Myth you get you get on the way, hit the vendor up.
    • Like x 3
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Before things get too ranty (for lack of a better term) about not crafting mods, it's best to keep in mind that Marks are not plentiful when you go the solo/duo-only route. Just about every Mark you earn goes towards gear.

For example, if you want to keep a decent pace on getting gear in solo/duo-only play, you're probably going to have to live without extra little things like Boost levels on Mainframes or extra slots on Utility belts. Also, getting just one piece of gear while going it alone can take anywhere between 5-10 days depending on a number of factors (the price of the gear, replay badge use, how many Marks you have in reserve, what content you're running).

If someone's going to go the vendor route for getting their gear modded while going it alone, that means they're most likely going to be putting a lot of time and effort to earn the Marks needed for vendor mods. Most likely it'd be the same amount of time and effort needed for collecting exos and crafting the mods themselves (or finding someone who can craft the mods for them).

Trust me, going it alone is hardly the path for the "never-try mentality."
    • Like x 5
  16. guardzman New Player

Run with a league . Find one that is a fit for you and do the raids and alerts. there are a lot of good leagues with good people . I try never to pug but running with 7 league mates and having a great time is definitely worth it.
  17. RSL New Player

that's my point. a player who refuses to play 4 and 8 player content and THEN refuses to bother farming and crafting THEN blames the GAME for them not having the max CR [which they TOTALLY need to do that two man content, right?]... just stultifying. and yes, saying "i'm only going to play X and Y and never mod and blame someone else when i don't get 113 CR" is the epitome of our never-try, give-me-a-handout playerbase mentality.
    • Like x 4
  18. RSL New Player

to be 110% clear, marks are NOT the only way to mod gear. there's a completely free way to get exobits. it merely requires work. work which the never-try players refuse to put in and accept either modding against affinities [precision in blue/yellow sockets making crits non-existant because they don't have SP either] or things like pure health and pure power for DPS.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Devs (Spytle in particular) are very aware of the small segment of players who only enjoy playing solo and duo content. The problem here is, the percentage of solo/duo only players is way to small to cater to. It just wouldn't make sense resource wise. That is not to say that the Devs are never going to make any solo/duo content ever (after all, War of the Light 2 contains a solo instance, 2 daily open world solos and a Duo...while Amazon Fury 2 contains one open world solo that rewards 98 gear daily), but they're not going to make solo/duos a primary focus. The middle ground is Alerts/4-Man Operations.

Obviously nothing anyone says will make you play content you don't want to play, but you can't accuse the Devs of blocking your progress when there exists plenty of content to help you progress. Last I checked, full 92 gear with type 6 mods (not expert) will get you to cr106...which means you can go straight to War of the Light 2 and run all the solo content there as well as the duo. It'll just take a long time going the solo/duo route.
    • Like x 1
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

i see the duo and solo players may have hard time farming symbol of myth ... since symbol introduction its harder to progress if u dont play whole content u cant go back and play old t6 solo and duo and farm for new t6 vendor gear.