Dead End for Solo and Duo Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Legion_of_One, Feb 3, 2015.

1. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

MMO means all players on one server. It was made so Devs could push game updates easier. That's it. It was not made so everyone could sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya.

Group content and community is great, but MMO does not automatically mean that you must group up. I believe that this is one of the few "MMO" games that horse collar solo players.

By the way OP, if you can get a few expert mods somehow you can bust that 106 cr. I have a toon at 109 and have not run anything but solo. I did use a ****load of replays. Like I said, I like this game and have no problem supporting it. Also, I thought 106 gets you to the Wotl solo stuff and get you 95 gear. Keep going.
    • Like x 7
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

The solo aspect does indeed hit a brick wall with small holes in it at some point. I look forward to being able to que into current group instances without the group, or just one other person.

Personally I love team activities and can tolerate multi-player games, unfortunately gamers are not always the most team oriented people.
    • Like x 6
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

OP, perhaps a game like Age of Conan is for you. 80% of the content there is solo-esque but you can do most of it with a partner.
  4. RSL New Player

exactly what non-raid content do you NEED such a high CR for anyhow?
    • Like x 2
  5. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

I would definitely recommend finding a couple more 101-105 CR players and at least doing some of the alerts.

So long as your group communicate, work together and have fun then the alerts really are very little different from the duos, they take a bit longer, are a bit harder (usually) but they reward better in compensation. The thing here is.... make sure its a good group. It may take a little while for you to get a few suitable names on your friends list but it is worth it.

Not only do you block yourself from doing the alerts but you have cut yourself off from any feat and thus SP they offer, these help strengthen your toon which helps makes running all the content easier. You also lose out on experiencing bits of the story lines which is a shame.
    • Like x 2
  6. UltraVillain Committed Player

This thread title is very misleading, there is no dead end, there is merely a need for patience if you choose not to indulge in content beyond duo's.....I am proof being one of the laziest and most xenophobic players to venture onto the internet.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you choose not to play some of the content in the game, you won't be able to play some of the content in the game. This, obviously, is your choice. We are careful to provide solo and duo (and alert and raid) content in our DLCs that allow you to continue to progress and unlock gear with Marks.

In this DLC, there is the one solo mission. But, by playing the last DLC's solo/duo content, you will be able to get into the next DLC's solo/duo content. There is no dead end, and to say so is to completely misunderstand fundamental aspects of content and DLCs.
    • Like x 28
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

WOW.......Rage Mepps is OP.....
    • Like x 5
  9. Lokkii Committed Player

Not to be that guy but why play a MMO? Even so, there is still a ton of solo content and duo's but obviously they aren't the main focus of a MMO.

I put this in the same category as asking to make this a 1st person shooter also because I like 1st person shooters and usually play them but me and my friend got tired of playing Call of Duty so we came to this game, now change and shape it from what it is and almost all the players playing enjoy and change it to accommodate me.

TL;DR - You don't like MMO's
    • Like x 4
  10. Impulsively Committed Player

I didn't interpret it as an angry response, just a very straightforward one.
    • Like x 7
  11. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I think this is a valid point. There is no rule that says a player MUST be at max CR to have fun with the game. If the OP likes the game and wants to stay with solo/duo content, he will have more than enough CR to enjoy it. There are also a ton of alerts and raids that can easily be enjoyed at less than top CR
    • Like x 1
  12. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

"People who enjoy solo and duo content" is something completely different from "people who refuse to play content for more than 2 people".
    Really, I enjoy solos & duos way more than alerts and raids, because I can do them whenever I want (instead of being dependent on finding enough other people with the right roles) and chances of it not working out are slim (while, depending on tier, 1 crappy player is enough to destroy a raid), BUT: That you strictly refuse to play content made for more than 2 players is your own fault, and yours alone. Don't blame anyone else for it.
    • Like x 3
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What i get from the op is he not use to the combat system, and probably wasn't doing good in group play because of it, and with this community probably had a terrible experience, and decided to do solo play which is fine, but now he feel like he hit his ceiling because soe don't/haven't released alot of solo content.

I didn't get he don't like mmo, mostly he just don't like this community, but like the game
    • Like x 2
  14. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm also a guy who likes to play solo/duo. However I'm not against running alerts/operations. I'm CR 102 and confident I'll hit 106 without needing to run HOP. Honestly the main reason I'll probably avoid HOP is because I don't have a league hall yet. Might sound petty but I'd rather run the content on my own turf, so to speak.
    • Like x 2
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

YOU choose to only do a fraction of the content out nobody, I repeat NOBODY is forcing you to only run solo's and duo's correct?

so your ruining your own progress rate YOURSELF nobody else.

Perhaps stop being anti-social and do alerts and you may get some where. JS
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you dont need a league hall to runs those though :confused:
  17. Dezaras Loyal Player

I know I don't need one but the overly nitpicky side of me doesn't wanna run it without having my own.
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

War of the light 2 offers solo content as well as amazon fury 2, both require iirc CR106 to even do the content.

amazon fury drops: 96, 98 99 100 and 101 gear

WoTL2 drops 95-97 gear

but I will say this every time theres "these" threads the OP always mentions "Im a legendary member" as if that holds any weight? They said they release 1 small 1 large DLC.

If you dont like that setup as some have already said perhaps this game just isnt for you?
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

lol thats crazy man just crazy...

you are losing out prestige from NOT running those extra instance lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Dezaras Loyal Player

Yes it might be crazy but don't forget my initial post: I'm only CR 102.