VALENTINE'S EVENT - what were in the heck were you thinking devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kawe, Feb 1, 2015.

1. barnesalmighty2 New Player

This confirms my worries about test server. Please don't be offended by this you test players it is not an insult on you guys, but for the most part test seems to be dominated by youtubers that only want to exploit mechanics in DPS updates rather than look for issues and make a fuss and get them fixed. The evidence of this speaks for itself with all the bugs and exploits that make it into release, for instance most recently the love and war wonder woman bug for the "in one piece" feat, op3 out of the map maze skip, epic odyssey outside of map easy mode glitch. there is an endless tide of known glitches and issues making it to live this being the most recent. I believe that these glitches ARE discovered on test and kept quiet so they can exploit it for a quick feat when it goes live.

This is one of two things going on,

option A test community (not all of them) are intentionally allowing exploits through. Or

option B, The devs are completely useless and from recent years could well be the case although I hope not.

Oh yeah and to cap it all off there is a PVP exploit doing the rounds on EUPS servers where you enter PVP wearing no PVP gear with pets in your loadout (fury, robot sidekick, crystal etc....) and your pet recieves your pvp buff and becomes cr112 to cr115 and hits stupidly hard, don't believe me skrim with a friend and test it they hit upwards of 3k constantly especially fury. So be warned next time you see a pvp league all with a rating of 0 expect to get wrecked by their pets, a hell of a lot of pvp'ers are doing this on EUPS ATM.
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

awesome music choice!
    You could play this song at a funeral and I couldn't help but laugh XD
    Moreover, anything that isn't jumpstyle, or whatever you call that type of music that all other youtubers use, is a welcome thing.
  3. Cold Fuzion New Player

I agree mate lol just like simple melodies or some epic soundtrack :)
  4. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

While I can see it getting annoying, I gotta admit it would be funny at first lol.
  5. kawe Loyal Player

Yeah, gotta agree. It is indeed funny, but if you wanna do it daily, on several alts too, it can get annoying as hell.
    • Like x 2
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

LOL, man. Some people have some serious hall monitor issues. Pop it a couple of times, some irate hero gets on a villain alt "I'm REPORTING YOUUUU!"
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is just one of those things that was always going to slip through the net. We were asked to test the race. Not every possible way a player can grief another player. Hindsight is great when you're rating other peoples performance. I doubt a single person who's pissed off would have even considered testing it out when it was there.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tobias1978 New Player

Well here is how I got it done...don't even try on the pvp server....the grief is bad...go to the pve side...get the race timer to show...get away from the bubble....they always pop it as soon as it comes up around 5 or 6 seconds left...once they pop the blast away bubble thing...time it right and you can do the race...

Devs...this bubble issue needs to be fixed make the blast away move every 2 minutes....AND make it to where they can not attack out the bubble like we can't attack in...
  9. DerMorat New Player

Or just move either rally point or the race start.

This is vexing beyond anything that has been happening recently, I got so irritated I had to log off before I raged too bad (I don't want to be stuck with a red ring). The best method is make it so that button in the rally does not do anything during the season. Simple to deactivate it, you won't have to move anything then. Doing this in PvP your asking for a beating and that's your own fault. I tried it there first and killed all the villains near the rally but they just spawned in the rally and shot out at me or hit the button so I went to PvE and found it was worse off.

You can't take out the villains because they are not in PvP mode, they just sit there and hit the button.
  10. barnesalmighty2 New Player

Or the more sensible thing is to completely remove spawn protection things (bounce thing and bouncers) on PVE as they are totally useless as players that run PVP stance on PVE servers instantly switch to PVE stance when they die. These defenses on PVE servers are totally useless anyways, just take them all out and if players want to keep switching to PVP stance and dying so be it, its their choice.

These things are just annoying when farming, racing, completing op's and just wondering around in general.

REMOVE SPAWN PROTECTION ON PVE SERVERS PLEASE DEV'S.
    PROBLEM SOLVED FOREVER!
    • Like x 4
  11. Nawtae Well-Known Player

So this explains why the platinum emblem is the Rose emblem, Ew.
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

But that shouldn't be the solution the race should of been fixed for both sides maybe if people on the test server could take 5 minutes and test stuff that doesn't involve target dummies in a league hall it might of gotten fixed.
    • Like x 2
  13. Tobias1978 New Player

Remove the bubbles on pve...and on pvp make them not able to attack out the bubble AND make the bounce timer 2 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  14. barnesalmighty2 New Player

You are exactly right on this dude, my solution is to simply remove the totally spawn protection measures on PVE server its totally pointless to even be there and its fixed and will free up some much needed ps3 memory 2 birds and all that.
    • Like x 1
  15. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I find this absolutely hysterical, payback for all the so-called heroes and their griefing.
    *Taking hero attitude* - If you don't want to get blasted away then don't do it, it's that simple.
    QQ away little hero, QQ away.:D
    Be glad I cannot get on atm, I would so have fun doing this.
  16. Nawtae Well-Known Player

A couple? Try the same one guy doing it about 10 times before I switched to my villain. Go to the PvP phase if you want to be a ********.
  17. Alekimsior New Player

I hate races. What blows my mind is that I did real good at it (2:19 mins), yet I got silver and absolutely no idea how to increase my speed to get platinu. Only idea I have, is to free fall when descending the buildin. Only thing I liked about this was that I was able to see my char with angel wings.
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Fly through the hearts (like actually through them), they give you a speed boost :) I struggled to get up the side of the tall building yet still managed to get the Platinum medal using this method.
    • Like x 1
  19. Veritech Loyal Player

Hero campers 3 on 1 is not an /eat, its hardly a /nibble.
  20. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

They can be reported for this? Because this behavior is completly bad.
    • Like x 1