Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

I don't care how you put it when I spend money on something and it's taken back I have the right to act that way no matter what you think.
  2. Yautja Level 30

As i am gonna say it again - people just cannot ask for refunds cause their own stupidity and lack of originality. DCUO Staff gave us the chance to get some desired names, they DID NOT guarantee us ANYTHING, do you understand that? They never said "buy name respec devices because you gonna get your name FOR SURE". I mean... WTH?!?
    Wanna know what i did? I made another account (takes less than 2 minutes). Loged in from it FIRST, the moment i saw the server is on, i tried and made a toon with my desired name. Then I loged with my actual account, bought a name respec device, deleted the toon with the desired name and renamed my char. Yea, takes some effort but at least i make sure i make things right and avoid being moaning **** in the forums, asking for refunds BS. In that matter i don't have to know if names are going to be shared between both platforms or not (which is another lame excuse for refunds?!?). I just make sure the name is free before i buy respec device. I feel like i explain them simple stuff to a prematures.

Read the above. I didn't knew either, but somehow i didn't bought a respec device blindly, right? IDC about how many people bought respec devices and not knowing what to do with them. Only thing is that they are ungrateful and whining about almost everything, without even stop for a second and think about the stuff they are complaining about. But oh, well... thats how all forums are, aren't they?
  3. Deranya Dedicated Player

and I for one don't want the messed up PS Economy ;)

As for the whole thing, changes are never easily accepted by everyone. This will either go down well or not down at all, the name change may be the smallest issue of all and that is just characters. Think of leagues that share the same name.
    There are many factors that will only even come as slight problems after this happens, communication and acceptence etc. I have rather mixed feelings about this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

When you pay money all you are promised are access to DLCs, 500 sc or mc,and broker,trade and lockbox privileges. So to feel like you can say if you don't like merging with PC isn't your choice to dictate. Then let me tell ya......your'e sadly wrong."MoreAwesomeMechanic" you can just stop being a member if things aren't going your way...it's a simple solution we all would like.
    • Like x 1
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

Seems Sony is finally giving in.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have no plans for either, for primarily business reasons.
  7. casvseb New Player

Great at last Cross Play!!!!!!!
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

So many questions, but i'll just wait for an actual thread to ask, but as a preview, what If I have a toon already on PS4 with the same name and power as PC, but only have membership on PC?, I don't expect an answer now, but when the time comes I will ask again, along with other things.
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I think the cross play is a good thing that should have been setup long ago....
    • Like x 3
  10. Lokkii Committed Player

I'm just concerned about Macros, hacker/cheaters, the economy and spammers in chat.
    • Like x 2
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I think SOE would take the membership one over the non member one or at least give you the option to rename the one of your choosing but not totally positive...that's why we have devs
  12. samwinchester New Player

I am sorry to post this here but I have yet to figure out how to work this site as I'm new. But someone. Meeps please acknowledge that everyone knows that the league of assasins 4 player instance is broken after yesterday's maintenance. When you start the instance and begin the first fight against the four assasins the spining blade activate and kill everyone instantly. This is not supposed to happen.
    3 times I tried a new que and each time it was the same. Why this is happening idk. The blades are not suppose to start up Untill you defeat the assasins And you stand at the little podiums and catch the circle button and hold. Now stating when the fight stats it is impossible to complete. Please someone confirm we know this is a know new issue.
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

well in all games you are gonna have ppl that want to spam or cheat its all about how the community deals with it
  14. La Shark Dedicated Player

In light of what happened on the PS this past weekend i wouldn't be calling PC's hackers.
    • Like x 2
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Isn't the USPS economy inflated?
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Will this reduce the prices of the broker? I mean PS broker is a little more business for the cash and PC players broker is super cheap. o_O
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Damn :( not good news.

Still, Cross Play is going to be sweet.
  18. Lokkii Committed Player

Calling PC's hacker? Who?, reading comprehension can be difficult.

I didn't call anybody hackers, I'm simply concerned about hacking and the avenues to do so that could potentially open with cross- platform play
  19. Lokkii Committed Player

Yeah, and the PC isn't. I'm not complaining for my benefit, just bringing up real issues that could be a problem for the betterment of the community.
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So because you pay money... that gives you the right to be selfish and to be rude??
    You can be selfish and rude even if you don't pay a single cents. Paying any money does not matter for that.

But all you show is one more example why people think the community on PS3 is pretty bad compared to the PC one.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.