Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillTheSilence New Player

PSN would be a huge financial risk then. They do not want that happening. They are a business.
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I'm sure he prefers belly raspberries. I mean who wouldn't?
    • Like x 2
  3. Charles Monroe New Player

What awesome news
  4. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Thank you for the clear up Nekron! :) Came just in time too ... I've got to go change up my new League Recruitment post now :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Well this is great but my computer cannot run the game on PC due to my graphic card or something. :(
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Certainly. I'm not saying a good ISP is a silver bullet. I am saying that a player on a quality ISP may have an advantage over a player on a really bad ISP. But a player on high-end hardware is not really going to have an advantage over someone on low-end hardware or the PS3. At best, they'll have less quality-of-life issues (rez times, crashes, resolution, etc).
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So those of us with both a PC and a PS3 account.... we will still have a PC and a PS3 account after the cross play merger??? but those accounts will be linked somehow?? So we will still need 2 subscriptions.... but both accounts will be linked??

How will that affect Feat buying??

Will my PC character be able to buy Feats using replays from my PS3 character?? and vice versa??

The same for shared bank. If both account are linked...will I be able to put something in my shared bank with my PC character... and pick it up with my PS3 character???

Thank you for your time.
  8. Captain Just New Player

This is exactly what I would like to know. I'm in the same boat as you it sounds like.
    • Like x 1
  9. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

I didn't say names didn't have an affect on my game play experience. On the contray I think they have a massive impact on experience and that is why I was mad to hear that I could potentially lose my name because of this cross play. So much so that I was suggesting not even doing it in the first place.
  10. Hemmy Committed Player

Surely then would it not become simple to transfer characters between platforms, even for a fee? This is the one feature I want out of this entire thing and am SO EXCITED for it to even be considered possible!
  11. SiiCK1 New Player

This is going to be very interesting and I hope they can pull this off successfully with limited issues. Good Luck DCUO and stay strong community as I for see many issues. I love the game and I hope this advancement moves the game forward.

Does this mean that PS3 will perhaps be phased out in the next coming year?
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Is there another character with the same name as you on the other server??

If the answer is no..... they you are safe. The name is yours for all eternity.

If the answer is yes..... they we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Some of my characters are safe like my Saturn Knight.

Others like my Promethium Knight are not safe.
    If I end up needing to rename my Promethium Knight..... it will be a sad day in the history of the multiverse. :(
    But seriously...... it is not that big a deal. Guess I will rename him Promethium King..... or Promethium Rook..... or some such thing.

I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Will it be like yesterday where it will be the first one to log in and use a rename token gets the name??

Will it be the guy with the highest CR gets the name???

Will it be the guy with the most playtime with the character gets the name???

We shall see.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The accounts will be entirely separate. We are working on a potential solution to allow PS members to play on the PC Test server on a PC, which will only impact that.
    • Like x 8
  14. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I didn't read through the whole thread, but will PC players still be able to switch servers at will?
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I was just about to ask you how Cross Play would affect PC Test for PS players! So, I'll ask this, I know you don't have a specific rollout date for this, but, you think it would be soon enough to allow me to test GU 45 when it hits test without subbing to the PC server??
  16. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

I don't want to see and I don't want to risk it for the sake of PC players having more people to play with when I as a ps3 player don't need their population. If the PC population is small it's because there are better games to play on the PC so making the game cross play doesn't fix that problem. Also this isn't true cross play like FFXIV where my accounts are linked and I can play my character on a PC or a PS3/4 that has already been stated. This is strictly a change that improves the PC players experience. I spent money on MY GAME to play the way I want and I don't want to change so someone else can play with more people. Yes it's a horrible attitude to have but when it comes to my money it's one I have the right to have.
  17. SiiCK1 New Player

This will be a awesome deal if this does happen. It's time to knock the dust off of my rig!
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

As you're working on PSN/SOE accoutn linking, are there any plans or possibilities of creating either a account migration or character cloning service for DCUO?

Account migration is self explanatory. The DCUO account linked to your PSN account is able to transfer to an SOE account (and vice versa) taking with it all your characters, purchases etc.

Or if there's too much red tape, perhaps a feature to clone a chosen character (just the character, not the account, so membership, purchases and other characters do not follow) on different servers/platforms instead? As in my EUPS account's Torikumu character is cloned and put on my USPC account. Perhaps done entirely through the DCUO website to avoid confusing people in game.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Horrible is one way to put it. Absolutely.
    • Like x 3
  20. Prosser Dedicated Player

There is so much wrong information in your post that it gives me a headache trying to make sense of it.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.