Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The test server is entirely different. The issue there is it's a new download, a new client install on the PS4. To update that, we need about two weeks of lead time for PSN approval, and we need to update a test server daily. Again, entirely separate.
    • Like x 8
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

You just won the thread! [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

Then don't do it! This only helps the PC players and I for one do not want to risk losing my name so their small population can strive. Countless times you hear PC players tell PS or other console players to "buy a PC" or "PC is better" well I won't stand for this. My PS experience is perfect the way it is I don't need the small PC population merged with mine to help improve my experience if it means costing me any of my character names. I'm sure I'm not the only one that believes this either. This is SOLEY a benefit for PC players. PS players are getting nothing out of this cross play that they would want like access to the test server, station cash perks, and access to SOE all access games on PC.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

ok great. any way paying legendary ps players will now have access to the pc test server?
    • Like x 1
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

How will voice chat work? How will PS and PC players communicate via voice chat?
  6. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Sounds set in stone, then.

About that latency issue, is there a projection for post GU-44 improvements or just whenever cross play comes to fruition?
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

any way paying legendary ps players will now have access to the pc test server?
  8. AtomicWarfare New Player

Why can't we just use Spanish letters? If its so hard for them to free up a name
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Please find a way for PS legendary subs to join the PC test server.
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

On PS3 the player base seems fine..... but on PC it is literally deserted.

So it would allow PC players..... especially on the Villain PVP side.... to diminish the queue time to play a mission.
    Or to actually meet other players in the PVP open world.
  11. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

I like the idea of cross-play but the issue of the names is disconcerting. My character name is very important to me. I've been here since beta. Created this character and name when the Fight for the Light DLC dropped. I've invested a lot of time in my main, creating a reputation and a lot of friends who know me and refer to me by the character name. This name is an intrinsic part of who I am in game and cannot simply be removed without impacting the enjoyment and excitement of playing this game. If I were to lose that name or have it modified in any way, I feel it would be too much of a loss character wise. I know there is a player PS side who has the same name. Census data seems to indicate they haven't been very active, but are not inactive. The suggestion that I run around with a suffix stating I'm "PC" while they have one with "PS" doesn't cut it for me at all.

I think a fair approach for duplicate names would be to give precedence to the following:

1. Legendary.
    2. Account Activity.
    3. Uninterrupted Subscription length.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kya New Player

Selfish is the word for you ?
    • Like x 3
  13. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

When it comes to my money yes! I spent money renaming my characters so for that money to be made null and void would piss me off beyond belief.
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

to be clear, im not asking to have a playstation test server, just the ability to jump on the pc test server as a paying legendary ps player. you know, since it now seems possible?
  15. Alekimsior New Player

Good move. A million thumbs up. Cross play is definately the way to go.
    • Like x 2
  16. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Judging from *SOME* of the feedback so far, pc and PS PvP isn't too appealing to those of us on the PS side.
  17. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

What will happen with Home Turf bases ? Currently, PC players can place 500 items, while PS3 and PS4 can only place 200. Many of us thought that PS4 only being allowed 200 was because we shared servers with PS3, so what will be the case going forward ? Will PS get a raise to 500 ? Or at least the PS4 ?
    • Like x 3
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I get that only about 20% of players play PVP.... and even then...... some of those may play PVP Legends.... but never set foot on the PVP server.

So the players on the PVP Open World servers are???? what???? 10% of the player base??? 5%??? 1%????

Does anyone knows??
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

And I thank you for that. PvP is so much more enjoyable with low ping times!
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Well yes, smth along those lines. Problem for me is with one of my chars that a lvl 25 dead toon is also existent on the USPS but I fear he is older and getting the name of an endgame cr111 char overwritten by a dead placeholder char would be fubar. ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.