stop, fast forward bug?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Ghostof91, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

Has anyone else been experiencing this on usps were everything would stop then fastforward, its a bit annoying especialy when your tanking l & w,

can someone please look in to this.
  2. Wanning Comet Committed Player

It's lag, talk to your ISP.
  3. Vyltran Loyal Player

You see game animation stop for a moment & look people go through the walls?..
    • Like x 1
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

I know its lag but is that my end?
  5. Vyltran Loyal Player

It happens to me on large content only.. USPS3.. it's inevitable i guess lol.. But at the end, my network status is optimal.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Same thing happens on EUPS, Yay for lag!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Ch3wtobacco New Player

I know people running ps4 with business grade internet connects (ie 50mb/sec +) that "rubber band"...I don't think its on our end
    • Like x 1
  8. Delta795 New Player

Most of the time it is on our end though. Lat week I was running LOA and had this issue A LOT, and thought the same thing. So I went and tested my connection (wireless I was 199.8 Mbps UP / 131.38 Mbps down) So I re-logged and the problem persisted, then I did another test and came out 3 Mbps Up / and less than 400K down!! Amazed, I did a 3rd test and BOOM right back up to 200 / 130 range.

Eventually I said screw it and had Google HW my system & after talking with them I believe a major issue is that the 4 DOES NOT support 5 ghz wireless at all. So while the wireless signal is stronger in distance, it's not a s good as it could be and you will still have these issues from time to time (especially if you are NAT3). HW (at least for me) was the simple solution as now I'm always running NAT2
    and anytime I've tested I have not been below 300 Mbps.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ramonater New Player

Its not lag, this has been happening to me as well. This issue was actually addressed by one of the devs also and said they are working on it. Search the forums and you will find it.

Wanning Comet, please do your research before making unsubstantiated comments like that
    • Like x 1
  10. Wanning Comet Committed Player

What he's describing is lag, my suggestion was for him to determine if it was the more common network lag or if it was hardware lag, the hitching the devs have talked about, or, possibly both.

Just because there is a known hardware lag issue because of unoptimized code that sometimes affects people in game doesn't necessarily rule out network lag nor does network lag rule out the possibility of simultaneous hardware lag.

Either way, the devs are patching the game to lower the incidence of hardware lag and I've not had issue with it on test so hopefully the fix hits live with GU44.