Server Hotfix... Not for LoA

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Jan 21, 2015.

1. RSL New Player

2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 5
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

what actually needs to be fixed with ledgends LOA Ive ran it like 20 times now for the feats and there is nothing wrong with it
    • Like x 4
  4. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Mepps said Thursday should be when the hot fix should go out.
  5. RSL New Player

not gonna share? ;)
  6. RSL New Player

7. Redman_x Well-Known Player

8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Client hotfixes have to go through the absolute entire acceptance testing and approval process. The logos at the bottom of the forum all have their own individual hoops and hurdles. My understanding is that PSN is usually the biggest holdup. And, one of their hurdles is that they control the timing of client updates.

Server hotfixes, on the other hand, require much less. And, they can push it out with their nightly server restart whenever they feel it's ready.

Your largest concern seems to be with LoA, which experienced players are able to complete easily. If you're having a tough time, I suggest doing Serpent Claw in the last room and using LFG to put a group together.

What you consider zero urgency is related largely with your subjective opinion of how long you thought it should take for them to put a change into the live production environment.
    • Like x 1
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Soon™
    • Like x 1
  10. nohealhere New Player

people complain its too hard when it really isnt. so thats what needs fixing
    • Like x 1
  11. RSL New Player

yes yes "don't pug", "only run with leagues", "only experienced players should ever be allowed to run this", "justifiably kick anyone who doesn't know his mechanics 100% even though this is queueable by level 2 players who are new to the game", "everything has to be end game content challenging", whatever. not arguing these points.
    • Like x 6
  12. nohealhere New Player

yep cuz it takes real experienced to know when you see green smoke to move out it. yet people still die in it. thats not even end game challenging that's t1 challenging
    • Like x 4
  13. nohealhere New Player

i dont see them nerfing loa gonna make serpent any easier on players though
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As mentioned, client hotfixes are not the same as server hotfixes. We've run into a few issues we need to lock down with this week's server hotfix, and it now may not occur until next week. We'll keep you posted.
    • Like x 4
  15. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Hope you'e extending seasonal by amount of wait time for fix...not running as is.
  16. Alekimsior New Player

Maybe only lower Serpent Claw's difficulty and have Ras properly reset after every wipe. I've been able to beat the place with Ras mixed up, but it gets very tricky sometimes, when you are fighting a Claw and he appears out of nowhere behind you.
  17. Craven Green Loyal Player

There is nothing wrong with LOA legends. Finished the last of the map specific feats 2 days ago. Pugged it, ran it with friends, ran it with league, random que'd it.

The only thing wrong is that people don't pay attention and communicate.

NO NERF NEEDED
    • Like x 2
  18. Alekimsior New Player

I think there is something seriously wrong with the damage Serpent Claw does. And no, it is not "people don't see the green smoke and move". It has happened to me far too frequently, someone dies, and I try do a pickup, and green smoke emerges right were I am. Not sure if it bypasses other shields, but at least it does bypass Circe's.
    • Like x 1
  19. RSL New Player

• Like x 4
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

A fix is not the same thing as a nerf. You're thinking of the childs' toys. Game fixes do not follow that "Nerf or nothin'" slogan.
    • Like x 3