Fire vs Ice "DPS"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rankkor, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Deepeess New Player

Or Prefab synthetic mods, I'm only missing face/rings/feet and I'm cr 110 only because I have prefabs VI Exp
    on feet and rings, if I just change those prefabs to normal VI or VI exp mods I would be cr 111.

Cr is a mess right now honestly, if before it didn't matter that much, now it matters even less.

Edit: Fun fact if I change those prefabs IV exp to normal VI my CR would go up by 1
    but my stats would be worse would be losing -+90 precision(not sure).
    • Like x 2
  2. L T Devoted Player

Doesn't have to be perfect. If I'm interrupted in the beginning of a MD cast I can go back to MD. Towards the middle or the end and I have to throw in a FC first. YMMV
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

I honestly feel like fire is as good as any tanking power now. Lack of a shield hurts, but being able to use AM to regenerate power and endlessly juggle adds makes up for that.
  4. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Then you've already lost out on being competitive because in that time the other DPS have already done 30K damage with their WM combo. And then there's no way to be sure whether you've missed the window or not because thermal absorption still shows visuals but doesn't refresh until the damage hits which is at the end. Too unpredictable.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fire's AM isn't very straightforward in the first place, it's awkwardly presented, and it has waaaay too many 'vulnerable to interrupt' points in skills that don't have instant start - > continued payout. I think it would have potential if someone just adjusted the timing on a few of the moves in question, or canned the 'Vuln Interrupt' on a few of the (same) moves.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wait? You can regen power back in tank role??? Or are you talking about the DPS AM?
  7. Rankkor New Player

You can currently hit artic gust and avalanche in ices rotation over and over and over and over. ??? Spam away ....I've been ice and know that it can keep burning with out the need to refresh dots or re apply am...all while hitting very hard ....from a distance to.... Fire should be the same am wise i mean...well it is but it doesn't do ices damage
  8. Rankkor New Player

Maybe earth but not sorcery even with no wm and no am sorcery has so many dots like nature it would surpass fire.
  9. B4nn3dAcc0nt New Player

Hey at least you ain't celestial lol!
  10. Glacier Extreme Well-Known Player

Your kidding right? Anyways...fire users wanna do damage like ice.....while ice users wanna do damage like nature, quantum, electric and hl. Guess some of us have bigger dreams. ;)
  11. L T Devoted Player

That's a fair criticism. I'll admit that I sometimes miss and lose out. Most of the time I get the timing right now though-- experience in using this has given me a good feel for how much time I have before losing volatility and whether I need to fall back on a flame cascade to keep it going.
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

@OP if you couldn't keep up with Ice, there are a bunch of things you still have to consider:

-was that player simply better with his power than you?

-are you modding to fit your playstyle? Ex: I'm using WM more than my powers but I have all Might mods=wrong
    There are more but u probably catch my drift.

As far as AM comparison with ice _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________. (Me going off on another tangent)

I will be the first to tell you fire is more than capable of keeping up with ANY power. Keep using the power and modding/speccing differently until you can "keep up" with ice since that's your thing.
  13. Ch3wtobacco New Player

make snuff out a burst power rather than a channeling one and then we MIGHT using dps's will have a DECENT power to crit with off of a weapon mastery combo...too many aoe,cast time and DOT powers in fire that dilute its effectiveness...even took away a mid level with flame cascade being crit excluded...I do both WM and AM...add that to dpsing on a ps3 and well...my scores suck...
    • Like x 1
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

They should not touch snuff out. Instead they should make it work with WM on at least the first hit
  15. Rankkor New Player

Really? I can go toe to toe with HL as ice with am same with Nature....please comment on fire vs ice ...this thread is about fires dps not some other power....and as it sits even if you cant keep up with nature or HL as ice ,at least your noyt far behind ....if you feel your far behind try being fire ...its not even on the same page as ice
  16. The_fair_1 Committed Player

No it kinda wouldn't...
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

You really gotta stop spreading this info because YOU can't keep up with ice. It's not right.
  18. Rankkor New Player

Please post evidence of this if you feel you can keep up with ice ....anyone please....and share this rotation and the way you Spec to reach said goal...the key here is balance so please dont get me wrong im not trying to start a flame war...i just want balance and if ice am is strong enough to keep up with nature and HL then so should fires am....as it sits fires am or WM rotation doesn't meet ices dps
  19. Ch3wtobacco New Player

what I meant was instead of a small hit then a large hit (channeling) make it a single large hit (burst) with the same 35% or under modifier...then it would work as a WM crit instead of having that crit applied to the small first hit as it does now...
    • Like x 2
  20. Rankkor New Player

To each his own i guess....I've been all powers in game with the same toon...um speaking from experience..im not sure if you have been fire...