Fire vs Ice "DPS"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rankkor, Jan 14, 2015.

1. TheDCUOCrybaby New Player

You're character in your sig is amazing, and just came here to read the comments.
  2. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Please try Sorcery AM and reply that Fire is the worse one, or better yet have fun with Mental AM.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

found something interesting?
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yes. These are the best popcorn threads.
    In all seriousness though, the AM needs a buff. Nothing too major though.
    and some animations could be shortened to increase damage potential
    • Like x 2
  5. Flightboy New Player

A little friendly advice, when I changed back to fire from rage. I didn't touch my SP spec which was slightly leaning on Precision. The only gear mods I changed were my reds from Precision VI Expert to Precision & Might VI Expert. The rest are still Precision mixed not losing any affinity from my gear. I have zero issues keeping up in league runs and demolish most pug runs. (But don't we all lol ;) )

***This is running a DW into Explosive Shot Burst/ 2 DoT (Overheat being the 2nd DoT) Loadout/Rotation***

Hope this helps ;)

EDIT: Base Stats: 7030 Might 3617 Precision at 191 SP
  6. Rankkor New Player

This post is about fires dps potential and im pretty sure it cant tiuch nature or sorcery not sure about mental...but its dps in any form vs ice am that we are talking about...for balance sake ...
  7. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

My reply was specific to Drathmoor's comment that Fire has the worse AM right now.
  8. Rankkor New Player

Try it b4 you say otherwise please i think it has the worst damage out of all am's atm.....imo. But again i started this post comparing to ice becuase the powers are similar but also complete opposite...
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

I have seen many good fire dps putting up serious numbers. However if you look at the census there are alot of fire players, infact fire outnumbers most powersets. I suspect it will get tweaked in the future gu, before gu 50
  10. Rankkor New Player

Im pretty sure most are fire becuase of pvp lmao but thats a different thread ...but i get what ya mean...i sure hope its soon ,the update or buff to the dps side of fire ,well the am i mean ...tanks fine ...love my fire tank :)
  11. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Fire's AM is the worst due to incompetence (They tried to make it good and failed)
    Earth's AM is worst due to lack of effort (Copy and pasted Sorc's AM and called it a day)
    Sorc's AM is worst due being one of the first thus not super creative (Its clear that the scope of AM mechanics simply out grew Sorc's AM. It was one of the first so I can kinda understand why it isn't that great. The AM concept has evolved since Sorc's AM creation)

Their all the worst but for different reasons
    • Like x 1
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Not to mention, it really depends on the player, too. Sometimes I use Fireblast and watch the numbers fly with occasional ticks in the 2k's. That move doesn't benefit from WM but it's still a nice move. Saying you can use two power moves in a rotation with WM is asking the Devs to nerf it because two moves can make a DPS top the Scoreboards is well, "OP" and OP things get nerfed.
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

CR 110 and CR 111 should have the same gear, just the CR 111 has a few better mods.
  14. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Well said.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I can have all blue gear with synthetic mods in each piece and have 110cr, 110cr, and 111cr is a huge diffrence in stats, not even counting the raid pieces he might have had. Blue hive defender gear of course
    • Like x 2
  16. L T Devoted Player

More importantly, in a raid or alert, it gives you three seconds to get interrupted/stunned/knocked down and still get up and keep casting mass detonation.
    • Like x 1
  17. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Not really, you'll miss the window unless it's perfect.
  18. The_fair_1 Committed Player

If WM isn't used when comparing powers than isn't earth and sorcery with fire? Just sayin
  19. FuegoKiller Well-Known Player

Anyone that has been fire, like me for 2 years now, knows fire has never been at the top of either tanking powers or dps powers. Maybe for alittle but honesty i don't see fire moving up much anymore, it doesn't get the attention that i think it should. Most people need tanks go for ice or rage, not really fire and i think it's the power cost it has, i have issues with the self heals they drain my power dry. I have only seen a few fire DPS, but i know one in my league who can match DPS output with Ice and HL. I don't see why fire doesn't get the love it should but i guess we can't do nothing but wait and see
    • Like x 2
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

...or they could have the same mods and different gear. o_O