Fire vs Ice "DPS"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rankkor, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Rankkor New Player

I dont know about anyone else but fire should be like ice or comparable to a degree....as it sits now fire is not even on the same page am should hit the same numbers not be dwarfed by ice ....Balance ? Wheres the balance in this ? Am i doing something wrong ? Tried am ...tried wm and cant keep up with ICE....any enlightenment?
    • Like x 4
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

Yeah. I'm hoping they update fire's am to make it more like ice.
    • Like x 4
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

currently fires AM seems to be the worse one so far hopefully it will get a rework eventually in a way thats not hit or miss like it is currently
    • Like x 3
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Fire WM is actually very, very strong. But it's AM does need a little love.
    • Like x 10
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

WM is irrelevant as almost all powers have the same potential with it
    • Like x 3
  6. Rankkor New Player

What rotation with WM can go toe to toe with ice ? Can you share this with me please ...i tried inferno,firey weapon,overheat,WM meator,spontaneous,super....that doesnt match ice imo...:(
    • Like x 1
  7. Radium Devoted Player

He mentioned the WM, so yes, its relevent.
    • Like x 4
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Just came to read the comments
    • Like x 5
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i meant irrelevant when it comes to comparing powers my friend but what you stated is true
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I agree that the damage should be on par with ices AM damage but i do not want it to be exactly like ice, it should be unique. Have it work differently but have the same damage potential.
    • Like x 8
  11. Radium Devoted Player

You don't really need to get fancy with WM. Inferno>Fiery Weapon>WM>SC>WM>SC>repeat until cooldown. The key to most WM rotations is just latching on to that big burst power and running with it.
    • Like x 5
  12. Rankkor New Player

I did mention it ..but i should have said that fire in anyway in dps form does not meet ice's am on any lvl...IMO its so bad its not even worth dpsing with...and why i say this is I've been ice and i see the difference....but i love fire... :( so sad right now
  13. Rankkor New Player

Thanks but i did that and got blown away by ice am and its power move and he wasnt even using artic gust... :(
  14. Avian Dedicated Player

Mass Detonation should consistently do a little less damage compared to what ever Quantum's Time Bomb ends up doing (with 3 time powers). The reason Time Bomb does a lot of damage is because it doesn't benefit from WM at all like Gadget for instance and you have to use 4 powers in a row that doesn't do any significant damage on their own and they aren't DoTs either which in turn gives you a practically guranteed big hit at the end. Mass Detonation doesn't benefit from WM either but you are able to do a short WM combo before using (because of the 6 seconds timer on volatility/thermal absorbtion) or use some DoT powers but they are still weak compared to basically everything else and you are unable to do anything but move while casting Mass Detonation. The Devs have stated that Fire is supposed to have a long wind up and then go boom but it's just not happening at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  15. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I wouldn't say fire has the worse AM. Sorcery and earth get pets as an AM. There is nothing "advanced" or "awesome" about a pet. But damage wise Fire is underpowered compared to ice. Both have basically the same mechanic. But this game wouldn't know balance if it was labeled and gift wrapped.
    • Like x 3
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Throw in an overheat when off cooldown. Fire wm can keep up with any power AM, the am is trash imo.
    • Like x 6
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Yes volatility last 6 seconds BUT since mass det has a 3 second cast time, we only have 3 seconds to cast a power before going into mass det.
    • Like x 3
  18. Rankkor New Player

Can you post this proof ? At the moment im 111 186sp might modded and all my crits ...i cant go toe to toe with ice am 111 dps ...
    • Like x 1
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah? That leaves you with 3 seconds to use a DoT power or a short WM and 3 for Mass Det.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't have the tools to record. At 110cr i haven't beat an 111cr ice dps, but i believe if i had the same gear i would have