The reality this 12-day Sale has given us.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Dec 20, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

How poor the DCUO Marketplace is.
    How poor the size an variety of items are in the MP.

Especially when you consider how many requests for styles and auras ect.
    Very few things about this sale got me excited.

I plead to the art team to go crazy and just overflow the MP with styles and auras of all types.
    Push these "licencing restrictions" as far as they can possibly go.
    Anything you can think people might buy, throw in the MP.
    • Like x 21
  2. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I'd love to see some tech typ style sets and base items
    • Like x 7
  3. GregDawe New Player

Use this thread to tell them what you would pay for.
    Hit the Thumbs Up on any idea in the thread to pay for so they know if it is popular.

My personal requests(add your own):

- Mist Auras
    the excuse was 'they have a specific story purpose, but I think that is a copout. Anyone can be effected by the mists, and I want all the mist auras and will buy them all when they're put in the MP.
    I won't let this go quietly, I want them.

- A whole heap of different sword sheath and gun holsters.
    Ones that are less generic than what we already have.

- Belt styles like the SS ones
    Ones that don't necessarily join completely, they work so well on slimline styles.

- Iconic Symbol Belts & Shoulders
    Why the Scion belt has a circular buckle and does not use the GL symbols mystifies me, make that happen with all iconic symbols, the corps, a new El belt, a new Bat belt, a WW belt, a LL belt, a joker card belt.
    And the the shoulders, have the lantern corps be colour constructs of the symbols over them,, like the time traveler and runics.
    You could do the same for all the other iconics, or make them a bit more battle armorish.
    • Like x 6
  4. GregDawe New Player

Be specific dude, let them know exactly what you want, and they might do it if enough people show support for it.
  5. rival exe New Player

i want to see mist auras in the market place or power auras (quantum fire electric etc) even though I'd probably never buy them. lol
    i don't really like how any of the auras look except maybe the smoke aura. i just prefer my characters looking like they're in battle armor, not like they're going super saiyan or got exposed to too much microwaves. smoke aura was an exception because it would make celestial toons look more demonic.
  6. GregDawe New Player

You would have be buying almost all power auras as well.
    I do have DPS styles for characters that don't really work with auras,
    but my main for each supp role are all Lantern themed, with a story that heavily relies on the mist, so having the mist aura would not only look awesome, but serve far too well into their stories
    • Like x 1
  7. rival exe New Player

confused by your first sentence. sorry. is that a typo or are you really saying i would buy the power auras?
    because i already said i wouldn't...
  8. Wildbill0124 New Player

Would like to see elemental aura that would fit with powers. Fire, ice, electricity, etc. These would be extremely cool
    • Like x 10
  9. GregDawe New Player

**me buying sorry haha yeah typo
  10. rival exe New Player

hehe :D
  11. Luu Ken Level 30

I wish the PC client was moddable to some extent, or atleast so that player made items could make it in to the market place
    • Like x 1
  12. same Johnny Dedicated Player

In a previous (long ago) FNL, Spytle said that, just because the style is in the game, it doesn't mean they can make them available for players to wear them, but I wish all the styles we see NPCs wearing were in the Marketplace. I mean, Bandito and whatever the other one is, skinned, glowing and cosmic styles are the best they were able to sell us for the last 3 years?! COME ON!

Give us these to buy, please...

[IMG]

[IMG]

And even the lockbox styles could be added to it! They're adding furniture not associated to feats, it would give everyone a chance at A) having the style, B) spending money...

Thought of adding: the Origin Crisis styles would be oh so sweet...
    • Like x 5
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I don't understand, why the items on sale are not mentioned in an extra "on sale"-tab as usual, especially since the announcements on the various pages are very delayed and sometimes even not showing at all.

It feels as if it's ment to be easily missed, which leaves a bitter taste for a proudly announced Holiday-sale. o_O

What we had so far:
    Day 1: Green Arrow and Kyle Rayner Legends char 25% off
    Day 2: Respec Tokens 25% off
    Day 3: Supplies - 10-pack Recovery-Kits 75% off, 350 RB 25% off
    Day 4: Weapon Style packs 25% off
    Day 5: Auras (excluding new ones) 50% off
    Day 6: Toys 75% off
    Day 7: Styles 25-75% off
    Day 8: Style Suits 25-75% off
    Day 9: Same as Day 2
    Day 10: Similar to Day 3, but 10-pack Rec-Kits cost more this time
    • Like x 4
  14. MetalMario Loyal Player

Suggestions:
    Teleporter mod for instances,
    santa trinket (transformation, either just skin or a whole loadout),
    elf trinket (pet that stays alive better than the current novelty ones. Make it not split/take damage if needed.), reindeer pet trinket,
    "absurd" weapon pack. I was thinking over sized but anything absurd/ridiculous would be fine.
    imprinter to make one of your alts the skin for the accomplice and multiple alts the skins for the henchmen,
    league name respec tokens (league leader only)
    league hall window view themes, such as shark attack, giant squid, or moon landing. (league leader only probably)
    league hall employee token (makes your toon an npc for the league hall when you're not online. redeemable on all toons for the account)
    custom/alt emotes
    • Like x 5
  15. MetalMario Loyal Player

I got announcements in game every time, I agree they should be in the sale tab.
    • Like x 1
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

On EU-side the red message is only updated after Mepps logged in, so it's easy to miss.
    The MP would be a lot better place to announce promotions, same as the launcher.
    • Like x 3
  17. Stamen Dedicated Player

I've enjoyed the sales so far this season, mostly because I haven't spent too much on the "extras" in the game until now. I always felt like the base items and the styles were a bit over-priced, so I've taken a few this holiday season and find myself enjoying them.

That said, I do think the community should sound off more about the things they are willing to pay for.

It's a good business model to listen to people who are ready to hand you money hand over fist for things they want. :)

So, with that in mind, here's my list --

-- I want a replica of Raven in her Trigon cage for my base from the T1 instance. :)
    -- A league hall base item of Trigon behind his wall pounding to get out would be awesome. Maybe something you see thru a window.
    -- A gear unlock that makes gear available to be shared within your own account. It would increase my likelihood of buying resets and increase the odds of me unlocking feats on more than just a couple of alts.
    -- An enhancer (like radar) that increases base item drop rates
    -- An enhancer that increases chance of double or triple exobit farms
    -- An additional "crafting station" or special recipes that encourage low-level content farming (example: 50 lumps of coal to craft tier 6 AUX soders)
    -- VANITY PETS! Everyone loves pets!!
    -- Exclusive emotes, like a Bat-Cape twirl
    -- Summon JLA trinket, where random JLA members (who can actually fight) show up to assist in battle
    -- Exclusive and very difficult solo-content DLC that when beaten gives a unique Vault ticket to high level drops
    -- A Base Item Crafting Station, requiring a decent amount of farming for supplies across all Tier instances
    -- Custom statuaries for the league halls
    -- Temporary Vanity auras that show when you've completed a difficult feat or Tiered instance, or when you've won X number of PvP matches

I dunno, those are just off the top of my head.
    • Like x 4
  18. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I'd like a pet for my base and league hall, make it so that it roams around kind of like a true pet (cat, dog, etc.).
    • Like x 7
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We need more balls. You can never have enough balls.

Mogo ball
    Ranx ball
    Lantern energy ball
    Plastic man as a ball
    Elongated man as a ball
    Bouncing boy as a ball
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Honestly OP is right. Going through the marketplace, there was nothing that I wanted really. I got the black aura but that was through loyalty points.

There is no content worth replaying. No gear that needs a total recovery kit due to the lack of difficult content that would need it. And the styles are the same since the last 50% off sale except the new auras which arent mist/plasmic/nimbus so why even bother?

Honestly they would be better off with going with a complete 50% off sale for 12 days rather than this crap. But who knows, maybe the next DLC will prove me wrong.
    • Like x 5