Can we get a clear answer: Selling Content Resets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Dec 17, 2014.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

The problem is that they're ppl doing shout trades or scams online. I have seen 1 to many ppl trying to trade $20 psn cards for exobytes threw shouts like every night. And Im sure there are vulnerable young kids thats wants to be legendary will trade with a scammer not even knowing what will happen.
    So I'm sure this is the response to scammers
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Interestingly enough selling your services in game for in game cash isn't a breach, however going against your word and leaving without completing the task is :)

To be honest as much as I think this could be tweaked my concern is more about getting clarity about whether this is ok, so people don't start risking their account from suspension or punishment etc
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I was stranded on an island with only one goal - survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish....
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

On speaking about in game economy and such...the people who usually have the most Benjamins tend to have better control of the market. That has been happening way before this system was introduced. PSN cards, scanners, replays, unique styles and auras, and time. It would be extremely interesting to see what management actually thinks of this. In business terms it's extremely brilliant because it will promote more people to buy more replays as an exchange for time of service such as a Tank in LFG asking to be reset. It benefits both sides in where the Tank gets his marks and gear, the system gets more revenue, and the group hopefully gets the player they coveted in order to accomplish the raid. But it definitely does hurt in game economy. But business wise in real life? Brilliant move.

For in game economy it kinda reminds me of American Oil companies in the late 1800's that took advantage of the system and eventually gained power and influence in government and other mediums. And with monopolies and such. Lol crazy times haha....crazy times.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, except in this situation they're not selling a critically necessary service, as a result we 'the people' have the opportunity to quash it simply via refusal to participate.
    • Like x 3
  6. Gucciana Committed Player

hey prxy do what you gotta do they cant ban you for unlocking peoples feats especially since they introduced this program
  7. Gucciana Committed Player

thats not gonna work buddy good try tho
    • Like x 1
  8. CdnAtheist Well-Known Player

I'm not really understanding this point. (I concede it may be my fault.) Could you please explain? Specifically, how is this different from determining the "in-game value" of auras, bytes, plans, etc?

I do understand the concerns that people may have, but I think at this point it is alarmist.

I don't really have a horse in this race since I save my replays to unlock feats and my loyalty points go to total recovery kits, but I could see people using it out of friendship, as naive as that may sound. Lol.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would ever use replays considering how awful the loot drops are - with the exception of farming Raven.
  9. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

It was just a suggestion. People are quick to get upset about these things (not necessarily referring to the OP), but they wont do anything to solve the "problem" themselves. As I said, I don't see the devs doing anything about it. And if I'm being completely honest I don't know that it is a problem. If people really don't like it then they don't have to participate in it and can put those people on ignore - just like Gold Sellers.
    • Like x 1
  10. MrBeefCakes New Player

It's the greatest thing to happen to this game. 200K for a LAW reset? Yes please!

It's fine how it is.
  11. akaivy Dedicated Player

Real world money means items like american dollars or psn cards. In game currency is not real world money. If you are buying marketplace cash for someone in exchange for something, then you are spending real world money. If you are giving psn cards then you are spending real world money.

Exobits, in game currency, base items - these are not considered "real world" money. If you think they are, then go to Wal-Mart and try to buy a drink with an exobit or a dynasty end table.
    • Like x 6
  12. Alekimsior New Player

I've started offering to reset raids, even though I haven't successful. I've started doing this, because I already think the economy has issues. Prices for items in the broker are very high, sometimes too high. So, I've started to do anything I can to try get money, selling furniture in the broker isn't that reliable anymore, either, with the comission fees not being reimbursed if a sale expires. I don't really see a problem with people offering services, or selling any type of goods within the game. It is just another way to make money. And just to clarify, I didn't go ahead and buy RP badges for the purpose of selling unlocks, I already have almost 1.5k RP from Booster Golds/membership, and I simply don't use them, might as well do something with them to get something I want.
  13. Rasta Committed Player

But a content reset is not considered an item.
    • Like x 1
  14. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

You mean I could be charging people to solo tank l&w? Not use my own money to r3play a raid that gives me marks? Damn.
  15. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Real world money = US Dollars, PSN Cards, SC Cards, Euro's, etc.
    In-Game currency = (currency in-game) go to your currency tab (in-game) and you will see replay badges listed right under your cash

trading in-game currency for in-game currency doesn't violate any TOS. (again both items are under the currency Tab in-game). if this were not the case any time a premium member purchased escrow and than bought something off the broker he would be violating the TOS.
  16. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Man pugs are why we can't have nice things :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

not getting any money for resetting others content from me i dont even reset stuff for my self why would i do it for others
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This falls in with other unsupported trades, like offering in-game currency for someone to craft you something. Resetting someone else's content loot locks is allowed, and trading in-game currency is allowed. Use your best judgment.
    • Like x 10
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Since you guys aren't against this type of practice any chance we'll see a marketplace gifting system at some point?
    • Like x 6
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you got some rich friends? ;)

you can already do this by buying a psn card and giving them the number but technically the same can be said for replays also but in a smaller amount