So...Why'd you choose your role?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rox, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Rox New Player

Just curious about what made you choose your role?
    I choose to be a DPS/Tank, because I can DPS when I want to and I can tank since there is a shortage of tanks in the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. King Felsa New Player

DPS/Controller roles came with the mental powerset, I didn't have much of a choice in that regard. I went troller because that was the easiest way not to get kicked from groups.
  3. General Zod 10000 Post Club

I like seeing green numbers flowing on my screen. :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Sarcasm Committed Player

Well I have 3 toons but my main is a Dps/Heal now and I always loved healing so SORCERY Rules All .
  5. AnonymousToughGuy New Player

I noticed a distinct lack of controllers who understood the game or were interested in getting better. I filled a gap in the community...

I also like seeing blue numbers flow across my screen.
  6. Twilight Man New Player

Healers are gods that control life and death. I wanted to be a god.
    • Like x 2
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I have 7 toons and the main 3 I play are healer/dps sorcery power, my main. Easier to get in stuff as a healer, plus it's an important role, plus I enjoy it. My other is a tank/dps, I enjoy tanking, I like taking hits nobody else can, it's fun. M other is dps/troller, I enjoy hitting things but i also troll, which I'm still trying improve on, it's important role plus crowd control is quite fun.
  8. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Thats an easy one to answer, I choose my role when a new power is released with some DPS icing on the cake.

Waiting for #13 now.
  9. LightSp33d Well-Known Player

This right here^
    When the group takes a large AoE damage from a boss and all the sudden there's green everywhere from the players to their pets and npcs. Also, it feels good to have total control over the group. Their character's lives are in my hands. :p
    • Like x 3
  10. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I was curious about all of the roles and powers. Last one I have to check out is Celestial. But mainly I find myself in a healer role, either through nature or electricity. Because I have finally grown somewhat comfortable in that role.

With being able to heal myself and cutting the cost somewhat of soder cola supplies. And other players, when energy permits me in my loadout bar.

I want to learn the controller role, but i'm not really certain in a group setting whether I am really keeping others power levels up. With the powers that I chose and whether they are the right ones.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

My husband needed a healer. And I always thought I was a sorceress.
  12. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

DPS because I'm good at it and I find it the most fun role.
  13. NlMR0D New Player

I became a tank cause I like seeing the red numbers flow across my screen n needed 2 survive them lol
  14. TheAllmightyLegate New Player

Im a controller because i love having people being able to burn those dang high-HP bosses faster with the power i give them
    • Like x 1
  15. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I choose to play as a DPS/Healer/Tank/Troll because this way I am always able to help out with any my friends need. :) It's also nice experiencing every aspect of the game ( it gets boring just doing the same thing all of the time)
    • Like x 1
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I liked ice. So I tank. :D
  17. Little Sister New Player

Heck if I remember. I chose Mental and I think when I hit Level 10 I went Controller role and never changed lol. I had no clue about PoT until the League of Assassins alert came out and a group taught me :p (Update 3)
    • Like x 1
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

How dare you mention that update on the forums! :D
    • Like x 1
  19. Marine Death Committed Player

I DPS. Just like in the Marines, I kill everything I see. Occasionally I tank.
    • Like x 1
  20. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

There's no trolls.