Equipped combat rating needs a toggle option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rival exe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. rival exe New Player

People don't need to know my cr. If I can queue then I can play. Devs, please add an option to hide this feature for those of us who prefer to let our skill do the talking.
    • Like x 15
  2. AnonymousToughGuy New Player

I don't really understand the pushback on this.

Would you please explain why you would want to "hide" your CR? I don't mean that in a combative way... I truly just don't understand.
    • Like x 5
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Not going to get a toggle for this, just like there won't be an opt out for the census data.
    • Like x 21
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

because people like to judge performance based off of numbers purely even before the run starts. Example: IF players are looking for a healer and you say you have 6300 when they deem 6500 is what you should have they wont even give you an attempt they will kick you on spot. Its actually more effective staying silent then saying your CR
    • Like x 8
  5. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

People will judge you more on skill points than CR.
    • Like x 2
  6. rival exe New Player

That's also bad. Judge on performance not numbers that don't mean as much as you think.
    • Like x 7
  7. rival exe New Player

People have already explained this many times before.
  8. ChuckLess New Player

Really? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  9. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Rival, I do agree with you on this, but at the same time...census app has been out for how long now? Some people in general still would like an opt out....nothing on that. I doubt they would give an option out for this too.

This thread will end just like the other threads do..."make your own groups/play with league." Will be soon coming out of the wood works.
    • Like x 5
  10. rival exe New Player

If we make enough noise then we can make it happen. The devs for this game tend to listen to the loudest voices.
    • Like x 3
  11. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Dev's are merely giving us tools that some of us want. Don't blame them, blame the people who kick.. I have seen a Gadget DPS beast with only 70 SP and had the lowest CR in the group. Have also seen a 170 SP full 108 DPS put out garbage damage.

I like the change.
    • Like x 1
  12. That guy New Player

In every MMO game your level is displayed beside your name.

Combat rating is basicly the same.

People will judge you? Of course they will, not everyone but a lot of them will. All MMOs are build in a way that Level (CR) matters the most in a way, be it stat or requirements to enter a dungeon.

With that said, can you explain to me what is wrong with it ecactly?
    • Like x 2
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Player 1: "Turns off ECR"
    Player 2: "Hey scrub turn your ECR or I will kick you"
    Player 1: "I would rather let my skill do the talking"
    Player 2 : *Kick*.
    This is the DCUO community, if there exists an exploit or a way to discriminate others for selfish reasons, they will do it.
    • Like x 19
  14. Twilight Man New Player

I'd like the ability to toggle on or off what stats/player information of my own is viewable by other players. I'm more directing that at in-game visibility, I'd like it to extend to my info on the internet as well, but mainly in-game visibility.

+1
    • Like x 3
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

the problem isnt really the app itself, its just how this specific community uses info like that. If its pugging it really isnt being used to help assess what aspect someone may need help it but rather getting any reason they can to kick/ridicule them out from mods,gear,SP, raid achievements..
    • Like x 1
  16. Little Sister New Player

If they made it a toggle option, personally I wouldn't group myself with anyone 'hiding' their CR. So I think it would work against ya.
    • Like x 10
  17. That guy New Player

I was talking about the simple addition of CR instead of LvL.
    But I do agree with you, it's mostly the community, if they want to find a weapon to force elitism then they will do it regardless of any app and change.
    In fact, nothing has happened to me ever since the app was released and I rarely meet true elitists, when I meet one I just move on and don't care.
    • Like x 3
  18. rival exe New Player

Don't care. Don't want it shown.
  19. Little Sister New Player

• Like x 5
  20. Impulsively Committed Player

Even before the census and before the CR display, people would just inspect your gear and make an assumption of your CR range accordingly. If they didn't do that, they'd probably ask about your stats over chat. And if they got an answer that they didn't like or got no answer at all, they'd likely vote to kick.

Thus, getting rid of the CR display and census apps would simply move the problem. The underlying motivation for people's use of these things would still be there. The goal of all of it is simply to make it easier for the people who care about that kind of thing to do it.

And hey, it might actually be a help to players since the inspecting will only allow people to make ballpark estimates of your stats. A solid answer will help you out in that they won't underestimate your CR if they have the number in front of them.
    • Like x 1