Villians can go now...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kryptorules, Nov 14, 2014.

1. kryptorules Level 30

It is clear they will never get a true story line. I saw this in beta when I played a villain so i switched to hero at launch.

Everyone has things to say as to why this game is held back. Well Villains is holding the game back.

It is a waste of time. You have to come up with some lame story for them, which is trivial as villains will always lose in the end.

You also have to program for them to make them feel like they are half *** villains as we all know they will never be anything but antiheroes.

just let it go...
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

this is not the beta...also you think we dont know our stories are mirror images of heroes
    • Like x 10
  3. kingmasternova Loyal Player

heroes are just to high on themself
    • Like x 11
  4. Ogat New Player

or or or... How about... no?
    • Like x 10
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I agree with you .. But not the part where they should go... I wish villains had really good story lines that made them feel really villainy .... Rather then all the team ups with heroes...
    • Like x 4
  6. kryptorules Level 30

With the DC IP you will never get those stories. It is a complete waste of time.
  7. kryptorules Level 30

I am glad you get that the stories are pretty lame. :)
  8. kryptorules Level 30

I am very high on myself.

I wanted to be a villain, however I knew after being in the beta we would never be allowed.
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

i didnt say the stories were lame i know they are mirror images and they kinda have to be. I want my story told throughout quests and cut-scenes neither of which the game really offer outside the original story
  10. ChuckLess New Player

I kinda agree.

The difference between Hero/Villain players doesn't effect the game play at all in this game.

Only difference is "oh look, that person over there has a purple name and can't see what I type in /shout".

I say merge it all. Open up the Watchtower and Hall of Doom to every one. Give us access to a gear styles and LET US ALL Q TOGETHER FOR ALL INSTANCES!

Now that would be interesting :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I actually saw a recent suggestion for having a 'Suicide Squad' enable option for PVE instances... It'd be a direct solution to the 'Why aren't there more villains?' issue...
    • Like x 2
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I like your Sig but I disagree with your opinion.
  13. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Try using versus chat.
  14. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

But I like being evil. You can't be a hero & be evil. You can be a jerk & a hero, but not evil. ;)
  15. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I believe the main point from the OP is this:

Since the beta, the villains side have not had their own "exclusive stories". The the beta was a clue that it may continue to happen this way.

If this is true then it seems the original poster made a helpful decision for themselves to not be "with" villains' side if exclusive villain stories was and still is a priority.

I imagine if I was in the beta and I only wanted to make one character the hero side would seem more appealing. The "Heroes" do not appear to be lacking any core elements that are at least within DCUO's "factions", such as exclusive story lines.

Side Note: Exclusive, meaning stories that revolve around the heroes and/or villains. Where the "faction" heavily determine the course of the story and its conclusion. I also include cliff hangars to my meaning here.

Bottom Line: The villain side seems to be revolving around what the developers choose to do with the hero side. Unfortunately, they appear to be just a formality.

Side Note: I am also keeping in mind the other disparities that villains possess that the heroes do not (e.g. population).
    • Like x 2
  16. AnonymousToughGuy New Player

I see the OP's point, but I'm quite happy to be a Villain. I'll be staying tyvm.
  17. akaivy Dedicated Player

If I want a story I will go to the library. I am a villain. I don't care who I defeat as long as they lay at my feet moaning for that final blow that will take them to respawn heaven.
  18. AzraelR Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. VillNess Well-Known Player

There is more villains I like than heroes in this game. It's true villains arent really all that villain in the missions but I don't mind. For me it's always been that I am on villain side because as role play point of view I want to be able to do WHATEVER I want. If I was hero there would be too many restrictions. Also being hero is used more in entertainment so if I have a choice to NOT be hero I go the other :p
    • Like x 1
  20. iSmashly New Player

What is this? Are you serious? You can't be serious. There's no way this is serious.
    • Like x 4