Link-dead bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Plum Crazy, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plum Crazy Committed Player

I don't know if this been brought up or whatever but I became unable to sign in after I dced for about 10 minutes it seemed. My theory was say if you dc then shortly after the group disbands your left with a linkdeath that has no clue where it's suppose to send you. I kept trying to log on every time I got to a loading screen but yet I could hear people on mics talking in league chat but all I could do was stare at power girl.
    • Like x 10
  2. matt4950 Well-Known Player

me too...i locked-up at the T5 vendor in the HOD and i was just sitting at a load-screen...i gave up after 20 mins
    • Like x 1
  3. PlatypusMessiah New Player

I just switched toons and now I am left with the link dead message.
    • Like x 1
  4. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Saw this happen to a friend aswell:
    Logging out, linkdead -> Couldn't log into the game at all for 5-10 minutes!

My team had to wait for me 15 minutes on Wednesday, when I crashed, loading into VG. I couldn't log back in with any toon and they couldn't get anyone else in instead.

This is even worse than deserter, because as deserter you can at least keep on doing stuff, where you don't need to queue in, or log in with another character.
    As link-dead you can't even log back into the game anymore at all!
    • Like x 5
  5. Goony New Player

looks like they are having issues with this again
    • Like x 1
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  7. murph2therescue New Player

My character went linkdead and now I cant log into the game...how am I suppose to play this highly talked about game if I cant get into it...you don't want me to go to Destiny do you???????
    • Like x 1
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Jepp, allready reported:

• Like x 1
  9. Gravatrex New Player

So i got linkdead and when i came back on i cant move my toon. I can use wpn attacks and cast powers but cant move anywhere. Tried warping and same thing cant move. Tried everything and cant move. Another league m8 having same issue right now too. Why is something always broken when theres an update. I mean cmon this is literally every update this stuff happens.
    • Like x 2
  10. jchurch11 New Player

This is BS. I will not be paying anymore money to DCUO until this **** is fixed. I DCed and haven't been able to log in for over 30 min.
    Done with this game.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Dang, was really hoping they'd get Linkdead right this time.

I assume you tried hitting block real fast (breakout) before posting here since you said you tried everything?
    • Like x 1
  12. ChuckLess New Player

Did you try rolling or doing an emote like /dance? This has happened to me many times after warping. Usually in instances. Sometimes I just lose the ability of the "W" or "S" keys (USPC).
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the reports. We are investigating. For those seeing issues, can you please post your in-game character names?
    • Like x 2
  14. jchurch11 New Player

Jchurch11 is my character name...this issue needs to be resolved
    • Like x 1
  15. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

The char, which I had the problem with, that I reported HERE before, was "Major Biohazard", EUPC villain side.
    A league-mate thad the same issue.
    • Like x 1
  16. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Simplest solution still remains...get rid of deserter, period.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

How did you switch characters? Did you hit "Switch Character" or did you close the game in some other way?
  18. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Do we really need link-death? They tried to give us this before and it never worked now it still doesn't work, really! Been playing for almost 4 years now if I disconnect and happen to be in an instance guess what I re-log and get re-invited simple. Take link-death out it's not needed.
    • Like x 5
  19. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

See this is why PS needs a test server because they wont never know the problems on PS until it hits Live and it takes them several patches later to fix the problem smh
    • Like x 1
  20. DevDirt Developer

If you are able to reproduce a link death issue consistently, please let us know:

1. Character name
    2. Server
    3. Approximate time of issue (time zone)
    4. Description of the issue
    5. Simplest steps to reproduce the issue

-dirt
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.