Halloween Event Time Needed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Echephyle, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

How long would it take me to get all feats from this event? It's the only seasonal I'm missing.

Reason I ask is because Destiny has the Iron Banner event at the same time, so I'm trying to spend my playtime wisely between both games.

Would I be done all feats plus new base items and styles in a week? Remember... no replays.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It usually takes either the full time the event is available or a few days short of that. I do not believe I have seen an event take less than 3 weeks to complete all the feats without replays. You can probably cut it down to 2 weeks (if it takes 3 weeks) if you use alts to get the base items. If it take 4 weeks, you might cut it down to 3 weeks using alts.
    • Like x 4
  3. WonderValkyrie New Player

doesn't the event in dcu last like almost a month? should be lotsa time
  4. Xeromaus New Player

Destiny sucks anyway. Just be loyal to DC.
    • Like x 12
  5. Green Lantern New Player

That's an opinion and one not shared by the majority.
    • Like x 3
  6. Darkhawk Well-Known Player

Play hard enough, and don't sleep.
    • Like x 3
  7. Echephyle New Player

Lol
  8. Echephyle New Player

I'll probably end up doing that.

Are any of the style feats based on RNG drops from the event alert? I hope not...
  9. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Who is Destiny? Is she a stripper? I would like to meet her.
    • Like x 9
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The usual event time frame is 3 weeks, there were a few that went for 2 weeks after they started using replays with events but thankfully they stopped doing that.

That said this is starting about a week early today, considering the end of 3 weeks will be 2 days before Halloween. Which is quite unusual for real holiday connected events, so we just might get a full month.
    • Like x 2
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The trend over the past year for most of the holiday events is 28 days. Only one or two have been 21 days if I recall correctly.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ok I just did a check to make sure, first I want to say that for years the standard has been 3 weeks with a few exceptions.

Now to my findings, they seems to have thrown the pattern out the window this year. St. Pat's ended abruptly at 13 days, when I say abruptly they cut it at 12am while people were still working on it. Spring was 28 days, May 6 to June 2. Then Summer was suppose to be from June 30 to July 21 but we had that oh so fun connection issue so it went an extra week to the 28th. So basically who knows :confused:.
    • Like x 4
  13. Echephyle New Player

She's doing a special event for just one week. Comes with "happy ending" ;)
    • Like x 5
  14. Xeromaus New Player

one like on yours, three on mine, majority wins.
    • Like x 6
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I'd suggest using alts to farm the furniture and just focus on the styles for you main. If you don't mind sharing feats without getting the styles you could also do the same for the mask feat on an alt.
    • Like x 5
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol I've not played Destiny so I can't say either way but a sampling of four is hardly sufficient especially given that people who gave up DCUO for Desitiny are likely not reviewing forum threads...
    • Like x 6
  17. Xeromaus New Player

those who gave up dc for destiny were back in a week when they'd finished it
    • Like x 1
  18. Green Lantern New Player

Yes, on the DC forum. Go try that on the Destiny forum next, see how it works out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Xeromaus New Player

why? we're in dc.
    • Like x 3
  20. Jamie New Player

This is what I was going to suggest. If you don't have any of the feats than this is probably the only way you are going to get them all. Last year the penetrating strike mod really helped speed things up. Let's hope they didn't fix it this year.
    • Like x 1