Thinking of making a new character

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LucidityKJ, Oct 3, 2014.

1. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Yes, I know. I have far too many already. Anybody who has seen my characters knows I love making them, and from what I've been told I'm pretty good at making some unique ****. So here I'm going to ask.... which of the following should I do? Obviously this wouldn't be for several months, because I don't even have internet yet let alone DCUO.

Idea 1:
    Tank (Thinking either Earth or trying the new Serums)

WeaponProbably a 2-handed, although brawling has always been fun, too.

Alignment:Hero, under Superman

Character:Growing up, this character would have been a troubled man who always defended his friends and family from everything ranging from general bullies to muggings and killings. The neighborhood was falling apart, but he was determined to help his family. His protective nature, however, still never brought him the happiness he truly wanted out of life. Finally, the answer came to him: He was never meant to be a man. He was unhappy in his male form. At 18 years of age, he underwent surgery to become a woman. Now a transgender, the protection she used to give to others came in handy as she found herself now being physically attacked for her choices. Finally, after watching her mother die at the hands of intolerant thugs, simply because of the decision she made, she decided it was time to take her protective nature to the next level. Desiring to be more like Superman, she moves to Metropolis to pursue justice for the oppressed. After all, being an alien from another planet, who else would know how it feels to be persecuted simply for not fitting in with the social norm?

Design:Mostly browns. Earthly colors reflect protection and security, which is what she would stand for to others. This would be yet another reason for Earth powers, yet I'd like to try the serums.

Cons:Never EVER played a tank before in ANY MMORPG EVER in my LIFE. And I've been playing them for a
    long time.

Idea 2:
    Healer (Probably Celestial)

Weapon:
    Likely a one-handed sword, although a shield would be likely, too.

Alignment:
    Villain, under Lex Luthor

Character:A member of a race of Gods unheard of by the entirety of the DC Universe, this character is a former member of the Asgardian Race. Particularly, this member was a paladin, striking holy retribution in all those deserving, providing healing and sanctuary for fallen brethren, and ensuring justice always prevailed. That is, of course, until the day a familiar face showed himself in the Asgardian prisons. It was finally revealed that the prisoner was the paladin's father. The father, having disappeared decades ago, informs the paladin that he had been sucked into a wormhole during an alien invasion, and was only recently released. The cost of his release, however, was to be the new carrier for a demonic entity. He was imprisoned when Odin detected the demonic entity within him. Forced to make a decision, the paladin freed his father, who was killed during the escape attempt. With nowhere else to go, the demon then possessed the paladin, who now fights every day to protect the Earth, while battling his inner demons. This desire to protect is tainted, consistently clouding his judgement of right vs. wrong. The paladin seeks out Lex Luthor, who has sworn to guide him in his quest to be the good guy, even when the rest of the world thinks you're not.

Design:Metal Armor, with shades of purple (majesty/royalty).

Cons:
    I've played a healer a lot in so many games. This one, however, is by far the worst. No matter what happens it is always the healer's fault almost 100%. The tank doesn't/can't hold the mob? DPS dies? Healer's fault. Healer has absolutely no power and the controller is spam DPSing instead of giving any power at all? People die? Healer's fault. DPS runs ahead thinking he's king of the world and dies? Healer's fault. I don't think I'm ready for that again.

Idea 3:
    Controller (Gadgets or Munitions)

Weapon:
    Either dual pistol or hand blasters. Probably hand blasters.

AlignmentHero under Batman

Character:One of the Joker's first attempt at creating his Joker Androids, he tried just a little too hard. You see, the Joker wanted his androids to do most of the work. He didn't want to have to think about how to cause chaos, he just wanted it to constantly be hell for Gotham. Installing the advanced AI that he got from Luthor, however, turned out to be a huge mistake. The android knew they were in the wrong. They knew they needed to leave the Joker's side and correct the misery and chaos they caused under the false guidance of the insane clown. It wasn't long until the android was discovered by Batman and fitted with more advanced weaponry and intelligence. Not until they had completely proven themselves and their alignment and true intentions to Batman of course. The long, grueling process of proving their desire to do good built strength into the character of the developing AI, making them a force to be reckoned with.

Design:
    As robotic as possible, but always with green hair. Batman did away with the clown face, but the green hair stayed, always. Likely to show a little bit of purples and green in. I mean, we always stick with our roots a little bit.
    Cons:
    .Basically the same thing as the healer. If it's not the healer's fault, it the troll's fault. Everybody screaming about power left and right, while the fact that they have weapons seems almost irrelevant.

So what do you guys think? When I come back to this game in the next 6ish months, which one of these badasses should I make? USPS by the way.
  2. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Hm. I see not many people have any opinion on this one hahaha.
  3. BozzJuanito New Player

bruh, do the controller one as gadgets dual pistols, then change to munitions once is out ;)
  4. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

The robot sounds interesting

All of them are good tho

I'd suggest munitions
  5. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Im pretty torn all three ways. Since the vote seems to be going to the troll, I might just do that. My main be for I left was a quantum troll so its not like I dont know how.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I remember.
    I used to Quantum Troll as well,
    and took quite a few tips from your posts back then!
  7. Newsflash New Player

Celestial Healer. And should be Circe mentored particularly as she adorns the same costume codex.

I had the same Healer nightmare experiences with my Electricity toon but that was due to the inherant problem with Electricity being almost pure burst, which puts you under constant pressure. I gave up with my Elec healer because I didn't enjoy having to reaction spam and found it too stressful.

But I found Healing with Celestial to be very enjoyable. You kind of play it like a DPS, you have a mini rotation for maintaining HOTs and a mini rotation for shielding and buffs. Then you just burst heal on top. It has a nice steady rhythm to it and can be quite relaxing plus, if you half spec your gear it can deal some tasty DPS
  8. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Wow. Thanks! :D
  9. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Yeah, I only ever did electric for DPS. I heard nightmares about electric healing.

The only reason I was thinking Lex mentor was because there's a lot of versions of Lex where he's 100% convinced he's doing the right thing, but his evil side is taking control.
  10. BenJessica37420 New Player

I would definitely suggest going with option number 1. I think it would be cool to see more transgender characters here and other places.

Thanks and have a great day!
    • Like x 1