Declining Interest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, Sep 22, 2014.

1. chubbychase New Player

I think GU36 and the upcoming GU41 may be the last of that, with any other changes being tweaks or "completion" of those two. I'm right there with you, though. Another significant revamp and I'll probably take a bow. I believe most of the decline though is due to Destiny, Fall in US at least (school, etc.), and people busy in general.
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I know my League and Friends List is DEFINITELY succumbing to the effects of the “Destiny Drought” as close to 2 dozen players have cancelled the auto renewals on their subs.
  3. Tom Sawyer New Player

When will people realize that we are getting better offerings now. We ARE in NEXT gen. Dc had no competition on the ps3 platform but its a whole different ball game now on the ps4. I wish this game well but subbing for this game is laughable at this point

Ambition is recruiting on destiny for anyone looking for a league there....We have snacks!!!!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

The game is really empty. And this is not just because of Destiny.

Since WM the game changed forever. It's completly a new game mechanic now. I don't like, but this is what we have now. Maybe when all AM will be completed, the game become funny again, but if this will not happen, is better the Devs think faster to do something really atractive, like good offers (50% discount) for exemple.

Another good thing to retreave players, maybe will be a CR combination to make how hard will be the raid. Something similar to Skyrim. How more powerfull you are, more powerfull will be your enemies. I don't feel this is difficult to do.

Another good thing maybe will be a creation of raids that you can call villains, and vice versa. The original point of the DCUO was the Brainiac Invasion, so why not create something for each faction play toggether?

I don't know guys, this is just some ideias for the game. But the true is, the Devs need do saomething good right now, or more people will leave the game.
    • Like x 2
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

It's not just changes people don't like... As it's been pointed out, summer is over... Kids are going back to school, people are starting their new semester in college, the grownups are getting more hours as the kids all go back to school and there are some new games to try out and limited time to try them in between homework, class, work, and general all around yard work/ect.
    • Like x 2
  6. Joykiller Dedicated Player

I'm in the same boat; haven't logged any meaningful time in two weeks but not gone for good. Will keep my subscription up just because it's easier that way. Have been logging a lot of time in Destiny though and the population there seems to be growing (at least as far as anecdotal data - population in 'The City' and various maps - allows).
    • Like x 2
  7. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

< got tired of pug life blame game.
    < t6 is not alt friendly, kick in the junk to alto holic (as are new $$$ HT mods)
    < tired of "we want harder content" followed by infinite "must be OP CR with OP SP to run anything" spam in LFG
    < can see no good coming from stats apps in elitist community
    • Like x 3
  8. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Also, the Queen's Wrath bounty event that launched this week has been a ton of fun. Makes running older content (and content you may not prefer) much more enjoyable and worthwhile. Limited events like this that reward exclusive/legendary gear are what separates games like Destiny vs. DCUO. Oh, and I love how the PvP in Destiny doesn't have ridiculous limits to items or abilities you develop or accrue in game (like this game does).

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Tom Sawyer New Player

You are my new favorite person, game's addicting right? Have you try solo'ing one yet? Intense and heart-pounding, reminds me of a survival horror game like left4dead and deadspace especially when you ran out of bullets lol.
    • Like x 3
  10. Ice Lantern New Player

And unlike DCUO, Destiny is actually challenging. I haven't completed a Queen bounty yet, though. Being full Legendary already kinda takes a bit of the motivation away. Besides, I have an exotic bounty to work on. I just wish it was for a better gun than Bad JuJu.
    • Like x 4
  11. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Yeah, I think I've done two of the Queen's Bounties - one was actually re-playing a Level 2 mission in Cosmodrome, where you fight the Devil's Archon at the end of the mission. Super easy way to get 5000 XP :). But yeah, super tense for the harder level bounties. FUN TOO.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheRealDeathern New Player

Although I realize there is a large percentage of players, including myself, that enjoys the discussion of Destiny, can we please remain on topic in order to keep the thread open?

Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

Some interesting ideas here. I'd love a competitive raid where the object would be to "beat" the other faction in completing it, however I worry about lag and disconnects for such an idea. We see both in 8 man content now, if you add 8 more players it would presumably make the "new" content unplayable.
    • Like x 1
  14. KomarnoMan Well-Known Player

I don't see the purpose in dual roles for players. You should only have one role - either DPS or the other say for example a TANK, etc. Most players use only one role anyhow. Furthermore we should not have to have a second set of armour for PVP - it should be one and the same. Our bank has only so many slots and keeping more than one set of armour and associated weapons uses up a lot of space. Also, the shared bank should have at least 50 slots. If you have you have more that 1 character on your account - sharing collections and other items is quite time consuming. This game wastes a lot of time doing nothing for the game play. From my experience - getting from one place to another in the game involves a lot of wasted time. And then the collections. Lately getting collections is time wasting also. Most times you get street signs and matchbooks. Getting items from a designated area is now not the norm and guessing where you can find them is impossible.
    • Like x 1
  15. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

The idea that "the ps3 can't handle any more powers" or "the ps3 can handle maybe one more power" has never made any sense to me. The main limitation of the ps3 has been memory space. Everyone knows this. You look at the memory space on the xbox 360 and what can be in a PC and you see the difference.

Now, there are several reasons why it has never made sense to me that there is only so much space for maybe 1 more power. First off, this is not an entire solo game that you digitally download. Even when there was a disk at launch, you didn't download the entire game. You got only a client because this is an MMO. According to Spytle during one of the panels, he said the voice overs and the motion comics were the things that took up the most amount of memory, which is one of the reasons why they stopped doing the motion comics. There were other reasons, but as far as memory allocation, they were the biggest.

Second, there are powers that you have to pay real world money to be able to access. So, why would they upload those powers to every playstation console and PC, including those that haven't paid for the access, when such access hasn't been paid for?

Third, even when just talking about the free powers everyone has access to in the game, you can only use one power at a time. You only get to use another when you either delete your toon and make a new one or you buy a power respec token with real world money. So, again...why would they download all 6 of those powers to every playstation console and PC? It makes no sense.

Fourth, when you download something...it goes into the hard drive. The hard drive space has never been a limitation issue when it comes to this game or the PS3 in general. It's been the memory space. So, even if every power, free and those you spend real world money on is downloaded into every playstation console and PC, it makes no sense that they would all be uploaded into the memory at the same time. That's not even needed for player-to-player interactions.

Even if that had been the case, which it wouldn't have been, someone over there would have had the brains to say "hey, you know...if we removed all this stuff the player isn't gonna use from the memory, we can do a bunch more things".

These are smart people. The people making the game were also the people that made Star Wars Galaxy. So, the idea of "is this an NGE situation?" / "are we inching towards an NGE situation" is in the back of everyone's minds because if what happened with the crash and burn that was SWG's NGE, the game will shut down and somewhere down the road, if this were to continue to happen, these people would loose their jobs. So, it's ever present in their minds. And the crash and burn that was SWG was not over memory allocation. No one said 'we're gonna stop playing this game because we don't like how you're allocating the memory for this game'. No, it was the direction the game was being taken in.

Now, I know some people are gonna say "but, Star, it was said during SOE Live 2014 that the people working on the client were able to reduce its space, so now we can have 3 new powers; how can this be if all powers are not uploaded into memory". This would be a misunderstanding of how the memory for the game is being allocated. And what happens is suggested by what happened a couple weeks ago.

Why do we still have loading screens? Part of it is because of the dumping and uploading new things into the playstation console/pc memory, as they leave and enter different areas of the game. In this case, I'm talking about flash memory, not ROM. 2 FNLs ago, a guy named riley van horn guy had sent in a question about if powers in the game needed approval. The answer was yes, but then, Mepps went on to talk with Tunso about the work Tunso had been doing with the powers lately. Mepps also said that they had been working with some powers lately. Some that worked out, some that didn't and that is how we ended up with the 3 new ones: atomic, munitions and experimental serums.

I would guess that the reason why freeing up some of the memory space from the client meant that when it came to having available space for some or many aspects of those 3 new powers, there wasn't enough space in the memory to be able to do what they wanted with the list of new powers they wanted to work with. By having some of the client freeing up some of the memory, it gave them just enough space for certain aspects of those 3 specific powers they knew they'd need.

And that is why. Not that every single power is uploaded into a player's memory. It's how much of a buffer exists between how much is being used and the total amount of memory because they also have other plans for the game.
    • Like x 1
  16. chubbychase New Player

What kind of snacks?
    • Like x 2
  17. Stark23 Committed Player

What's laughable are comments like yours that you think encompass everyone who plays this game. If that applies to you, then great. DC is the ONLY game I play. I do not enjoy FPS, never really have. I came from sports games; Madden, NCAA, NHL, etc., I've stopped purchasing and playing anything other than DC. So...

At least 3 games every year at $60/game, $180. But now only playing DC at $10/month, $120. I am more than willing to make up that $60 difference and more with in game purchases b/c I enjoy playing this game.

Carry on.
    • Like x 1
  18. KomarnoMan Well-Known Player

I agree with what has been said. I however don't seem to get sick of the game. But there is room for improvements. My game LAGS anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds. I didn't have this problem 2 years ago when I started. Sometimes I get many freeze ups in a day other times I don't get any. Sometimes the group doesn't get to play the final boss because of a glitch. Also it seems to take a lot of time to exit safe houses and while entering is quick. Also when exiting safe houses - I don't exit - I just fall into oblivion between the layers. Before they consider adding more useless content - existing problems should be fixed.
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

Probably by design, they want to sell us extra inventory space after all...

As for finding collections... Yeah it would be nice if we had some basic tracking feature that would at least highlight the general area where the nodes for a given collection spawns.(With the radar enhances showing the precise locations of the nodes themselves on the mini-map.)
  20. wulff420 New Player

lol yea its funny actualy i started making more market purchases after being legendary oh look 16 character slots lts add another now lets build these 6 new toons i have conceptualized in my head oh hey lets buy those wings for that 1 flyer lets but some new weapon styles for those two dual wields and that earth power i never tried out cuz its dlc only oh as long as i keep paying i can keep the dlc ok neet one hand sword with that wiked skin i just bought kool this dude looks kool oh look the booster bundle is back lol

its fun i keep coming back i do other stuff for a bit an keep thinkin i should go back on dc lol but im kinda stuck now kinda bored not knowing what to do in game one thing i can say is yea we got some content i still havent seen the newest raids or the whole leag hall alert an stuff cuz i think we need less people pugging all the roles and more people queing its easier to pick what you wanna play and que and go and i always pick dps but when i do get in a que guess what all dps i rarely see roles in the que groups id love it much better if everybody qued all the time so i can see the new content thats prolly what alot of people who complain about declining interest mean they try to enjoy and play do whatever and rely on ques. just a thawt tho just sayain id like to see a wider variaty of the game patrons que for instances