Dynamic Entry

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C3alix, Sep 1, 2014.

1. C3alix Committed Player

So I had been thinking about this for a while as a good mechanic for DCUO.

And guess what?

It doesn't matter what your role is.

Say you're doing a raid or alert and someone either dc's or just straight up leaves because their mother doesn't allow them to communicate with gamers often. What do you do next? You either wait for them to log back in, or you find someone else that's willing to put up with your voice that's probably similar to Fran Drescher singing a country song off key. Instead of them jumping in and having to locate your group, how about they perform a Dynamic Entry?

Examples:

- A HL DPS gets voted in after a dps drops, group continues to fight ads and/or bosses, then the DPS comes in like an Orbital Strike from Zues, stunning most ads and hitting for massive damage

- A Mental troller gets the same treatment but once dropped in, they give off a massive terror attack, making all of the ads and bosses confused for a short amount of time

- An Ice tank drops in like an unwanted snow storm and cuts every ad and boss's speed down to .25 for about 5 seconds, long enough for people to get back on their feet

- A fire dps flys in like a phoenix and boost everyone's might for 10 seconds

- Healers would either give shields or grant partial to full health for everyone (depending on their resto)

These kinds of entries can ONLY be used by one player every 5 minutes to prevent spamming.

Please give thoughts or go back to complaining about other things k thx.
    • Like x 1
  2. Twilight Man New Player

So what you're saying is, it's the players that enforce the need for certain things to happen in certain ways. When in reality anyone can do any one of the things necessary if put on the spot?

or am I way off?
  3. Crimson Jonni New Player

Immediately thought of that
    • Like x 6
  4. C3alix Committed Player

That's what I'm talkin about! Instead of worrying if the next guy you invite has a full supercharge, they'll be dropped in the battle as a Dynamic Entry, even if the doors are closed to prevent you from joining.

Normal invites would send you to the normal rally points. Dynamic Entries would spawn you as either an offense or defense attack in the battlefield.
  5. Skyfairy New Player

What will happen is people will voluntarily leave the instance, then just get reinvited for their uber entry. Repeat every 5 mins.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

It sounds really cool, but it would be horribly abused.
    • Like x 2
  7. LordStrongsword New Player

The community would abuse this to no end.
  8. True Despair Well-Known Player

so did i hahaha
  9. C3alix Committed Player

Not if there were other stipulations added, like anti-entry rooms that have shields to prevent people from dropping in. Or maybe a boss can activate an anti-entry shield and can only be turned off temporarily by a player activating a switch or using similar tactics like with the Sentry when its shield is up.
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yesss lool.
  11. FameYack Committed Player

They better have a nice voice :mad:
  12. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I think you're not giving people who like to find glitches enough credit. Abusing this in ways that no one thought of before would become many people's new hobby for a while. And all the time spent resolving those problems would gobble up developer resources that could be used to create new content instead.