Stop Complaining about Max Damage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Echephyle, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

I'm sick of these threads saying "it kills dps skill", or "it caters to noobs", "there's no point to use higher tier powers".

The truth is, dps will still use high tier powers for their higher base damage.

We still need to set up power interactions and set up our rotations in a way that maximizes them. There is skill to that.

The best dps will always be the best dps. Why are you afraid of noobs being able to compete? Imo, noobs will be noobs. Even with max dmg, they'll use powers without their pi and have the rotation all wrong.

Max damage is a good thing. We'll be able to try out the lower tier powers as options to apply pi, although in the end, most will go back to their old rotations as higher tier powers tend to have higher base damage for both burst and dot.

It will help us burn the bosses in t6 raids as they have ridiculously high health.
    • Like x 20
  2. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Stop the stop complaining about Max Damage thread as well. Are equally annoying.
    • Like x 31
  3. WavyBoy New Player

Agreed.
  4. Ice Clown New Player

i am happy that this max damage mod is in the game, boss fights wont make me fall alseep constantly when im tanking. But the only problem im having about this mod, is that ice armor in DPS role wont be as effective as it use to be.
    • Like x 3
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Since we got the thumbs-down-option taken away with the Forum-merge, opening a contra-thread is sometimes the only way to show, which opinion has the community's majority on it's side.

20 thumbs up mean nothing, if 60 would have voted down, if they could have.
    • Like x 11
  6. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Like if it was a competition or something...
    • Like x 3
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

It's not about turning it into a competion. It's about if the Devs should listen or not.

Example:
    People keep on asking for raising the cash-limit for premiums.
    While for understandable reasons a lot of people agree with this idea, there seem to be a lot more disagreeing for good reasons, too.

The Devs have good reasons to not listen to this specific wish anyway.
    But if considering ideas was also dependend on the votes, then to open an opposing thread to an existing Topic can help to show, which side of the coin people like more and if something should be considered for a change or not.
    • Like x 8
  8. Rich Homie Quan New Player

Will max damage hurt or help awesome mechanics???
  9. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I like the idea of this Max Damage mod because rotations work best when it can end with a power that can clip the previous... and many times the highest damage modifier power is not clippable... so you end up either ending on a longer cast or utilizing a lower damage modifier power to clip with. With Max Damage, you can have your rotation any way you want.
    • Like x 5
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

To be honest, I'm somewhat happy and unhappy about the max damage white mod. A good group atm, can burn through a t6 bosses health in a couple of minutes (5-8). Frankly, I think bosses should be like that, I don't want to finish raids in like 25 minutes, I want to finish them in like 30-50 minutes, maybe an hour. Yes it is boring going through the bosses health, but if the Devs increase the bosses AoE's and there sudden loss of aggro more, it will be more fun and challenging.
  11. Chungweishan New Player

I just worry how it affects new players, as per always. It's basically going to be a "must have Mod." I don't know how it will truly buff damage output, but I do wonder when players will have to start saving up MoT for the Mod to be an "effective player" in the eyes of the community. This is great for players with a surplus of MoT, or lots of time to maintain the Mainframes. But not so much for newly progressing players.

Other than that, I have a feeling everyone is going to see some really terrible Power Rotations in the first month. Then someone will figure out the efficient use of it, and we're back to FOTM. Variety? Temporarily. Balance? Not ever.
    • Like x 1
  12. Archangel Rafael New Player

this new mod does new seem like "dps for noobs"
  13. Octantis New Player

It looks to me like the Max Damage mod is a way to boost AM rotations, or maybe that was the intent. I would think that one of the main reasons that AM rotations fall behind WM ones is that the former utilize 35% and 45% powers primarily; by converting them all into 60%, I think we'll see a huge boost in AM numbers.
    • Like x 4
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

#MaxDamage4Legends confirmed.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You'd think DPSing was a competition with the way people were over-reacting to it, though.
    • Like x 6
  16. Mister Brees New Player

I don't worry about new players. You can't even afford the mod until you are t6. If noobs are spending triumph on this instead of buying the t5 style feats, they have bigger issues then their rotations. As far as the exclusions go, if it's not this it will be something else. Pug life.
  17. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

You tell me in a couple of weeks after this gets live. I'd love to be wrong, but I doubt it.
  18. Mister Brees New Player

What do you think will happen?
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

How many people in these threads have actually tested the max damage mod? Seems like alot of misinformed opinions, again (remember U36 and WM on test?).
    Where's me pitchfork..........
    • Like x 3
  20. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Same thing that happens every time such a game breaker is added, probably there will be a new best thing and a new worst thing plus AM becoming even more unused. Max damage bringing balance? Dream on.
    • Like x 2