New powers...Weak and lacking imagination.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Aug 15, 2014.

1. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

How does that not make sense? If we have a controller lantern and a tank lantern, we might as well have a healing lantern. What are we going to do? Get two controller lanterns and one tank lantern or two tanks and one controller.

It makes sense to me and many others, even if people are not lantern fans, they have to agree that we might as well get a lantern healer if we already have a controller and tank.
    • Like x 2
  2. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Well, why have a lantern controller and a lantern tank and not have lantern healer? It makes sense to me, and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one. I realize it's not "GLUO" but this is not Batman Universe Online or Superman Universe Online (hence DLCs, Legends, Styles, etc.).

Along with that, when I think of the lantern mythos, the four lanterns that immediately come into my mind are Green, Yellow, Red, and Blue. If we have three out of those four, why not have the fourth? And why not make it a healer, the Blue (and Indigo) Lantern Corps has healing abilities beyond the other lantern corps.
  3. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Basically, this. Basis for the entire arguement, making it null and void, imo. Considering the fact that the characters the powers are based on are... you know, DC comic characters ingrained in the DC Universe. That's essentially all the justification SOE will ever need.
    • Like x 2
  4. Feenicks New Player

Then why not orange? Indigo? Violet? Black? White?

Personally I feel we have enough lantern powers.....maybe one too many. Time for other powers to come in.
    • Like x 4
  5. Laz523 Well-Known Player

just give the new powers a chance. who knows maybe blue, indigo/violet lanterns will be released in next WoTL update
  6. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  7. Kid Sorbet New Player

I'm surprised by Munitions and Experimental Serum and neither would be my first choice but I like the ideas. CoD is soooo popular, I'm sure that a lot of people will love Munitions if for no other reason than that. And Sgt. Rock is a key part of DC lore so it's a smart iconic tie in. And Experimental Serum sounds fun with countless DC characters that have taken a substance to become powerful.

I'm going to wait and see how these work before jumping to conclusions. I wouldn't have minded Blue Lanterns but it seems like no biggie at all considering the huge amount of Lantern content already in the game :)
    • Like x 1
  8. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

We can't have orange because there can only be one Orange Lantern, and that's Larfleeze. I'm actually an advocate for Blue and Indigo, and I've commented enough about that. Even though people think Violet has healing properties, they don't. They only have healing properties that exceed a limit, unlike Blue or Indigo. Finally, we can't have Black or White for obvious reasons, Spytle even says that having Black and White doesn't make sense.

Again, I realize that this is DC UNIVERSE Online, not GREEN LANTERN Online, but it's not BATMAN or SUPERMAN Online either. It makes sense, to me, to have a lantern healer to complete the support roles.
  9. Original Kal Well-Known Player

I agree with these 2... ZZZ...
    • Like x 1
  10. Kid Sorbet New Player

I think we're good with the amount of Lantern powers right now. I'm sure you'll agree when the new powers hit! Cheers :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Feenicks New Player

Good you put that "to me" part in.

To me it would only make sense if other "powers" could also complete that trio of roles. They can't.....or don't. So, again to me, it makes little sense in the grand scheme of things to "complete" this trio of roles with Lantern but not others.

I get you are a Lantern fan. I get that. I'm a Superman fan of the Nth degree. I WISH this was Superman Online. :)

But because it's not it only makes sense to bring in other powers instead of "completing" the Lantern trio.
    • Like x 1
  12. rival exe New Player

I don't know about imagination but they definitely don't sound original or unique compared to what we already have.
    • Like x 1
  13. kav Committed Player

I like all of them, except Atomic. It doesn't make any sense to be a healing power. Tanking would have made more sense. It should destroy, not heal. Maybe they can pull it off, who knows.
  14. SnowFall New Player

I play off and on and I just gotta say, Just because some power may be under powered or seem unimaginative doesn't mean others feel the same. Judging a certain power, then just don't use it and choose a different one. I can't wait to see any of the new powers and saying which power seems weak or strong to you, doesn't leave any opinions for others to say. It also may ruin others chances to play those powers. If you say, "Oh fire is weak" (not that I mean it. I love playing fire.) may change someones idea and stray away from ever using the power. This happened with another game I used to play, a new class was being released and a strong guild all said they hated it. After that, only a hand full of players played the new class. Since they would look up game plays, their choose was influenced. So just wait util any new power or weapon is released and don't just state which seems cool or not by it's name or its role. Atomic is perfect for healing, don't you know about science and some interesting things about atomic.... Enough said...
  15. Feenicks New Player

:eek:
    • Like x 1
  16. ChaosInternational New Player

I'll stick with mental. Just started an earth toon as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. SnowFall New Player

I'm not saying fire is weak. I love playing fire. Just using an example a friend said once. Sorry to offend anyone if they do like fire.
    • Like x 1
  18. kav Committed Player

..but Fire is weak, there's no cookie cutting even stating that - and I was FIre for over a year. It's not the players fault stating that, it's how it was blatantly ignored for ages. I would have changed back to fire but they only updated the mediocre side of it - DPS, rather than putting efforts into the main role, which is tanking.
    • Like x 1
  19. Feenicks New Player

I was just poking ya.

I love fire. Even if others think it's weak.
    • Like x 1
  20. SnowFall New Player

See, I've played only 3 powers; Ice, Fire and Gadgets. So I don't know everything about each class. Some parts of fire are good, some ot. Each power has their strong and weak points.