we didn't only play for prestige before...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Aug 2, 2014.

1. rival exe New Player

There's a teleporter for SM in the pit. Is it not working? Haven't tried.
  2. RSL New Player

you completely miss the point of the thread. thanks for playing though.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  4. rival exe New Player

Yeah but it's there for the moment. What is "Soon"? Later today? Next week? When the new DLC drops?
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

It would have been so nice to see system that allowed us to choose a league size with our own population cap - and scale prestige earned based on the player cap for the league.
    1-20 toons small
    1-100 toons medium
    1-500 toons large
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Because AB was taken away, survival mode is broken, they took away the seasonal, everything else is old. For villian side at least.

On hero side. Survival mode is beaten, they took away the seasonal, everything else is old, pvp is broken, I am sure there are other reasons, but until DLC11 comes out its pretty much a 1 day a week play for dcuo.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Indeed! As longs as there are feats, alts, and cool base items that want to be looted ( I need like 80 rugs++ and much more for our league hall), the hard cap only limits the number of purchases done with prestige per week.
    Prestige seems to be some new sort of drug for dcuo toons. They do everything possible to get it, and when there is nothing more around they get depressed and do nothing for a few days. ^^
    • Like x 3
  8. Twilight Man New Player

Decided to finally cut my addiction off completely from DCUO or down to the bare and I do mean BARE minimum. Im neglecting some truly great games new and old for this MMO. Trying to get my 20 characters/bases/league in order for what may be the end...or close to it.

I do love the many things to do in DCUO, all very repetitive and costing real money, but fun.
    3 1/2 long years of fun.
  9. Arcpope New Player

This game got boring fast.

Now playing ff14 so much grinding yaaah
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I play to stand next to the Phase shifter, the sound drives my cat crazy.
    • Like x 1
  11. NCR RANGER New Player

16 members is a very manageable number to have. Ideally it gives you 2 groups to run raids at the same time. Even leagues with 12 members already have halls.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Because there is nothing to do.

I completed T6 almost 2 months ago. I have all the latest DLC feats completed besides Happy Hippolyta, but I have no desire to do that. I'm nearly capped on Marks of Fury and I'm capped on Triumph. The only thing i've been doing of value is PVP, but I am fully geared and just going for marks, and always will be a PVE carebear at heart so that loses its luster after about 10 matches.

Sure, I could always max out on feats, but 174 SP is more than enough for anything in this game and I have zero desire to go for the feats I have left (just styles and generic grindy feats at this point).

We need this DLC badly. Very, very badly. The past few weeks were great, because we were actually running content for a purpose, but now that we have our league hall and hit the max prestige cap after 30 minutes, that purpose is served.
  13. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

This is nothing more than the lull before a DLC drops.

Prestige and League Bases gave people more incentive to play and now that we have bases and are capping out, we’re just back to being in our usual holding patterns when we’re so close to the release of a DLC.

That said, I would luv if the caps were raised on prestige, Triumph, Fury and the PVP marks or we were given more items (useful ones or at last fun ones) to purchase.

In the end, a lot of people want to play but spending time on the game becomes fruitless quick because you’re not rewarded for time spent since the game has become so instance/Replay Badges centric to cater to the casuals.