Base items are gone

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Batman Beyond, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

This has happened to me several times already and starting to get a bit annoying, but when placing items in decoration mode they will disappear. It starts off working normal, lets you "place" the item, however then after you do it vanishes. You can no longer select it to move it, cannot see it, and if you click nearby the item is no longer available to be set down. Sometimes it shows up still under Base Items after you go to inventory then tabs over to Base. The item will at times show you have collected it but shows a 0 next to it indicating that its in use. You can switch characters, log off then back on, check assets, etc. and it will still be gone. You cannot see it, move it, or put it away. Has anyone else had this happen? I'd like to see an automatic put away feature on the base tab by selecting the item it says is in use as that I think would help stop confusion. Hope someone has encountered this before and knows a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance!
    • Like x 4
  2. Atomic Spiritus New Player

so yesterday i ran the vault and got hte valentines bed, woohooo right...but when i log back in today the valentines bed i put down no longer is there its the old bed that is there now i replaced my occult bed with the valentines one but now the occult one is back and the valentines one is no longer there :'( i says i had consumed it and i look in the base items section in my inventory and it says i consumed it but its at zero and i looked in both my houses and nothing its not there how do i get it back ?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When you place items, is there any pattern to when the problem occurs? Is it shortly before restarts?

If it happens again, can you be specific with what item and when, as well as post your character's name and server?
  4. surge914 New Player

something like this happened to me where it dissappeared but I thought it might have somehow become invisible and that was it. I found it, put it in my inventory and replaced. It was a light thing I was placing on the ceiling on the top floor.
  5. MuTeDx Committed Player

i've lost 4 base items like this. I placed them and then the next day they were gone so now my base is empty even though i have a lot of stuff collected
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Just now The world shut down while I was moving my base and over 100 items of mine are gone. I did record it previously and wrote a ticket but is there a simple fix for this? I don't want to wait forever for this to get fixed if there is some way to do it on my own. I was thinking about relocating n then relocating back but I'm actually worried about losing more if I do it.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

I recommend collecting all your items before relocating. I had a Cave layout and when I relocated, keeping the same layout, I lost everything I had free placed. There was no quick fix. I had to submit a ticket and name off everything I lost. Fortunately it doesn't remove the item from my base inventory list altogether. It just drops the count to zero. Good luck.
  8. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Omg this stinks lol and thank you.
  9. Sheng Lung New Player

I just had this same thing happen the other day. Items I placed just before reset were missing when servers came back up.

Info: Character: EmeraldGuardsman
    Server: US PS3
    Missing Items: Brushed Foo Dog Landscape
    Medical Vital Sign Monitor
    Shabby Coffee Table
  10. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Lol wow people can down vote bugs being brought to the attention of devs? That seems unnecessary, and not very constructive. Being allowed to ninja downvote for no reason sure brings out the trolls, glad it now shows who did it, so SLEVINKELEVRA Congrats on being the first troll on my ignore list!;)

As for my base items disappearing, it was never near a downtime. It would happen randomly. First time it was after putting away an item (tested the Briny Table from in the mail) it was put away, then no longer showed in inventory or set out. Yet shows I own it on the Base item tab.

Second time it happened, it was just after putting them down they'd vanish. Happened to a few chairs. Third time it was similar, except I'd logged into my base via warp and few small items were no longer in it (small damaged cart). These no longer appeared anywhere.

Fourth was I bought Stained Glass Chandelier from broker, put it down then it vanished. Luckily, it reappeared the next day in the set spot. No other items reappeared. Haven't seen any new issues lately, hopefully the new put away all items corrects this. I have yet to test it I'll post my findings on if that returns them.

Thanks for the help, glad to know it wasn't only happening to me.
  11. ZENSTRIKER New Player

I have a problem.Ive had alot of base items placed,when i relocated my base,i lost everything. It says i havent placed any items but when i look in my inventory under base it says i have used them. Im really frustrated that all that work is just gone.Does anyone know how to get them back?
    • Like x 2
  12. ZENSTRIKER New Player

I've encountered the same problem,its crazy how 90 some items dissapear just because i relocated. it happened to me twice.The first being only minor but now its just too much,im beginning to feel like i just got ripped off by home turf.
  13. PootyMcBooty New Player

I lost my king sized bed :c
  14. ThundrStone New Player

BUMP!^

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SOLVE THIS,
    I'VE LOST OVER 100 BASE ITEMS ALOT OF WHICH WERE QUITE RARE AND I WORKED A REALLY LONG TIME TO GET AND THEN I RELOCATE TO MY AWESOME HELIPAD SCIENCE TOWER BASE IN METRO AND NOW I HAVE NOTHING, ALL THAT TIME GONE, LITERALLY 80+ HOURS I SPENT THIS WEEK COLLECTING THOSE ITEMS

I CAME BACK TO THIS GAME AFTER 6 MONTHS OF QUITING FOR THIS DLC SPECIFICALLY AND IF THIS ISN'T FIXED SOON IM DONE WITH THIS GAME FOR GOOD. GET ON YOUR **** SONY! THE MIC CHATS STILL GLITCHED FOR GODS SAKE.

COMPLETE ********

(sorry i dont usually get pissed and type in all caps on the internet but I'm actually livid, I feel like I just wasted a whole weekend [me and my 3 buddies grinding for 3 days with LITERALLY a combined total of 8 hours of sleep and i have NOTHING to show for that, what a stupid waste of life GIVE ME BACK MY WEEKEND)
    • Like x 1
  15. Sarielle New Player

They aren't back in your base inventory? Before, if you relocated the items that you had put on the "sockets" (the circles) stayed put but anything put down using free placement went back into your base inventory. You have to place them in your base again.

Not trying to tell you obvious stuff, just making sure it isn't a simple problem. :)
  16. ZENSTRIKER New Player

Yea that's what I thought too but just yesterday I relocated thinking that it would all be in my inventory but nOne of them were there,it's frustrating to see that how like the other guy said all the hours wasted and rare items are gone and nothing to show for it,it feels like,we got ripped off from a dlc.I've had multiples of some but if I could just get at least one of each back,I would be grateful.just my thoughts of course.
    • Like x 1
  17. MrAFK New Player

i feel you same thing happen to me. i relocated my base but some items r missing. i check in my base inventory it say 0 of such item but i didn't even place it
  18. ThundrStone New Player

I've just submitted this support ticket to the dcu support staff:

"EVERYSINGLE BASE ITEM IVE WORKED SO HARD TO GET ALL WEEK IS GONE! This is a huge issue for me as I've put a lot of time and money in this week to achieve all this stuff. I don't know how to get a screen shot off of my ps3 but this is the complete list of ALL the items I lost:
    1 Basic Entertainment Center
    2 Blue Classic Chairs
    2 Bumpercars
    1 Cell Block Number 1
    1 Chipped Barrel
    1 Classic Dinner Clock
    1 Colorful Large Tarps
    1 Decorative Hanging Lamps
    1 Dojo Punching Bag
    1 Dojo Sword Rack
    1 Dojo Training Dummy
    1 Dojo Training Tools
    1 Dynasty Couch
    1 Exit Sign
    2 FLATSCREEN - METROPOLIS FEEDS (THESE IM OBVIOUSLY MOST CONCERNED ABOUT AS I SPENT ALOT OF INGAME MONEY TO AUCTION THESE)
    1 FLATSCREEN - GOTHAM FEED
    1 Grey Classic Couch
    1 Hanging Eastern Tapestry
    2 Large Magic Runes
    1 Loose Rock Debris
    1 Luxurious Room Devider
    2 Luxury Round Couch
    1 Luxury Round Ottoman
    1 Medical Push Cart
    1 Military Crate and Lantern
    1 Mystical Armoire
    2 Occult Chair
    1 Occult Dinning Chair
    1 Occult Table
    1 Old Layered Granite Coffee Table
    1 Old Long Granite Table
    1 Playhouse Coffee Table
    1 Playhouse Couch
    1 Playhouse Dinning Chair
    1 Private Lockers
    1 Roulette Table
    1 Round Mystical Rug
    1 Shabby Armoire
    1 Shabby Wirespool Table
    1 Sticker Covered Suitcase
    1 Tarnished Dinning Table
    1 Tarnished Floor Grate
    1 Thin Eastern Rug
    1 Wide Traditional Tapestry

I really hope there's something we can do to get me these items back as I spent LITERALLY all week acquiring them, and this being the DLC I returned to the game for after 5 months, that is very disappointing.

Yours Truely,
    Andrew Robery Ryder Pert"

Hopefully I'll get word back from them and this will be resolved, will keep this forum post updated with how it goes,
    REALLY hope they can fix this (as you can see, I'm sure)
  19. ThundrStone New Player

[EDIT] ** 50+ Base Items
  20. ThundrStone New Player

[UPDATE]
    Just had a nice chat with a dev name Brandon in the SOE Support Chat, who helped me out by asking me for a bit more information and forwarding the message further down the line to get it fixed faster!
    He was a great help, very patient and informative!

Fingers still crossed! Hope this works out!

I just want my Science Building Hellipad Layer to BE BEAUTIFUL AGAIN haha!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.