Mark of triumph cap bug or, just a dev move?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SilverBullet, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Is it really bugged or, did you SOE decide just to lower it and, say it was a bug? To avoid having to explain why you lowered it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Owl Devoted Player

I suspect it is related to a database field.
    The field is possibly defined as an unsigned Integer which could have a value between 0 & 65535

65535 is the highest number that can be represented by a 16 bit binary number or 2 bytes.

1111111111111111 Binary = FFFF Hexadecimal = 65535 Decimal
    • Like x 3
  3. Drakonicus New Player

• Like x 1
  4. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

They tried fix it silently during the GU39. Actually, I think they did fixed code-base and database, because system was able handle 4 billion of MoT they applied accidentally by post-deploy script or something similar to it. I think next push we will have cap lifted, for real. :)
  5. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I got to 65.5K before I red’d out but I really wish they would figure out whatever issue happened before and raise the cap to 175K, especially with all the content we’re running for prestige and Fury being absolutely useless once this DLC drops.
    • Like x 1
  6. Arcpope New Player

There not going to like this.

InB4 the lock
    • Like x 3
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I have a source in accounting that says... the 'overflow' marks earned by all players are secretly funneled to an unlimited MoT account in the Bahamas.
    • Like x 6
  8. MetalMario Loyal Player

Unsigned in can go up to around 4 billion in c. Unsigned short is what you're thinking of. That being said, this should have been a really easy fix if the programmers planned ahead for easy modification of the code.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked, trolling.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.