Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If they haven't fixed that last lockbox bug they might not drop at all .
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

The simple fact is there are now 2 patterns that have evolved in this game and they are that every dlc and update is broken upon release and that we cant believe anything the devs say anymore because they always change it a little while later. Im not going to post the examples of this but if u have played this game for awhile u know what im saying is fact and not opinion. Devs how u expect to have the playerbase's trust when u do these things i dont know.
    • Like x 10
  3. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

Wow, this seems like something minor but when I think about it for the first time since playing this game and owning all DLC's I'm considering whether or not to continue. I like being able to play a variety of content and with the way this game has been going it's become a use it and lose it kind of philosophy. The older content is basically useless and instead of being able to earn marks while being able to replay older content to get something you can use at your current level you are stuck playing the few instances available. At least before the more DLC's that came out in the tier the more content you could choose from to play. With the next DLC we will literally have ZERO reason to go to the alt Gotham. That's going to end up hurting this game even more and it will cost more players over the long haul. I don't care if it's older rehashed content, give us some variety! Let us earn marks the way we want to.

I don't play for hours at a time so raids and long alerts aren't as useful to a player like me. I've done the league thing before, and I just don't play enough to run with big leagues and get called away from what I'm doing to run something that I don't want to run time and time again.

I hope it's a small population who think the same way I am right now but for players like me, and I'm sure there are some, the last few changes have kind of left us out in the cold here.
    • Like x 2
  4. bigpapasmash New Player

Bottom line if they wanted to completely not have this problem they should finish each set of dlc first such as Wotl part I then do part II and AF I then II haha maybe then we could be done with fury instead of holding onto to it till y'all debs feel like dropping it...maybe....just a thought...we have now 3 unfinished series and we got this problem
    • Like x 2
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Um tiers are not alternating. WOTL2 and AF2 will still be tier6 like it says in the OP.
  6. Ice Clown New Player

also dont forget about them ninja nerfing/buffing stuff in the game without any1 noticing
    • Like x 1
  7. MARK2099 New Player

Why need an older dlc required in order to play the lastest one? are you jealous because others may not need to grind as much as you if they were taking a break from the game? what you just request is ridiculous, devs are clearly more smart than you, if they start to force every player to boring farm in olders dlc in order to play the lastest one they might as well play something else (just think about).

I'm ok with new currency in each dlc, cap of mof was 100 anyway, not much for those who were holding marks to buy faster the new gear, olders dlc always going to hold some value, yes more feats.
  8. SuperiorMouse New Player

Sore, could you please elaborate on this more? i think i understand what you're suggesting but i'm not entirely sure and i'd prefer not to assume... and i'm seeing people interpret what you posted differently from each other.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

This why i posted in the dlc structure thread about having at least 1 solo, 1 duo, 1 alert and 1 raid in each dlc and then add either more solos and duos or more alerts and raid depending on if its small or large content based. Guess they couldnt figure out that would be the best way to go and would make the mark change better for the entire playerbase.
    • Like x 2
  10. winter13 New Player

Now premium players only need to spend $20 a year on dlcs :rolleyes::cool:
    • Like x 3
  11. Nemisor Committed Player

ive gota say that im not a fan of this idea, told the league about it yesterday and they were all fairly unhappy too.

my main problem as has just been said is there is no option for solo content with the new marks, so people that are not on all the time/don't or cant get a group are stuffed.

also why play the previous dlc at all if the marks I get cant be used for the latest tier. lets be honest, TD is a pain to run as is due to length, now there is 0 reason to run it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tre Day New Player

That has been the practice many have employed for as long as I've played this game. I've done it before on occasion, but I have enough toons to work with that I can concentrate on while I have some toons on standby or whenever I need to run content to upkeep my Mainframe.

I don't think everyone does it for the reasons stated above, but it's been said enough in my eyes to think a good bit of the community does. Besides, for those who didn't like AF1, this plan should have them jumping for joy.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

It makes a dlc like AF only needed for prestige or the 5 sp that it has. Idk about u but imo thats not very high value. Im legendary but if i were premium i would not spend $10 on something for a few sp and prestige. Just my opinion. Guess are definition of value is different.
    • Like x 2
  14. MARK2099 New Player

That's the point, not every dlc is going to have the same value based on opinions in players, for some extra sp are worth buy them, for others they may find the styles worth, for others dlcs with powersets may hold more value, for others small content may be the real value, for others they may adquired mostly for large group content, others may value dlcs based on story, others if they have upgrades like lair generators, others if grind get faster, or access to UB like HOF, there are countless of options to value each dlc, some are claiming AF be the next LL is just silly, i like LL for the new legends, also help with the lower grind back then, also have the shield weapon, plus more feats.
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Between small and large group content they are.. Reread my post. :p
  16. Ebon Angel New Player

Previously this gear was priced for Marks of Reality. When Marks of Fury came, it changed to Marks of Fury.

We have seldom, if ever, received anything that makes gear purchasing, rare or otherwise, easier.
  17. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Like nearly everyone here, I can tell the majority of my league mates are disappointed with this change. It's obvious it's all about increasing sales. The funniest part is that, after complaining, most people still spend dollars until they have the full set of the new gear. I've seen it happening before. It's just worse now, since it's declared every new content will be like that. This is a come on wake up guys.

Don't take me wrong SOE/DC. I spend way too much money in this game, because I really appreciate it. I just think this is not fair. You gotta find fairer ways of monetizing, where you can still keep up with the good work, while keeping your users happy.
    • Like x 5
  18. Ebon Angel New Player

But if things are "subject to change" on test, will this remain so on live?

Since change is the methodology, we cannot believe anything from test. Especially now.
    • Like x 4
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

I understand making everything unique, this extends progression and all (and lets be honest you sell more replay that way), but I find it tiring you keep making the rare style vendor the latest marks, those styles are older than any content released for it's marks, and considering you are also making the cap for each tier so small it's becoming an issue just getting one piece of gear, please guys consider changing that vendor back into MOT, getting MOF now it's not that simple and now it will never be, then you have a new marks which i presume will have the same cap making it an issue again to finish those styles you admitted your self are very hard to get already in a drop.
  20. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

That's just like Brothers in Arms and Family Affair at level too. And yet some people prefer to avoid those in favor of the easy SOT T5 duos instead, or to chase down quick daily missions that build toward gear eventually. AF1 is providing T6 dailies and duos in a similar capacity.

Long-term DLC relevance is tricky to predict. I don't think we have enough information to be sure how AF1 will be used in the future yet. Is the HOP1 alert always going to be less than 15 minutes? We'll see. It's already clear the daily and duo content in AF1 does fit people who have small time windows like that to play.

I fully agree with you that SOT was a much better DLC value. I'm just predicting that AF1 will end up being used by some people as a CR85->CR90 gear bridge between WOL1 and HOP1, as part of going from overall CR99->CR103. And it wouldn't take very much of that to end up more useful as The Last Laugh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.