Thankyou players who don't switch powers every few months

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Axel7822, Jul 26, 2014.

1. rival exe New Player

Wanting to be the best doesn't mean you have an ego or that you are lame. If wanting to be the best were so bad then the Pokemon theme song wouldn't have been so popular...
    • Like x 3
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I never respec powers, movement or weapons. I have a hard time changing styles (and don't even do that much). I have 15 characters, covering every available power set (some more than once because I wanted to try variations). Between the 15 they also have every weapon type, and every movement mode. Obviously not every possible combination of power/weapon/movement is covered, but I have enough variation in there to keep me interested. :)

I really don't like the idea of respeccing powers and movement modes because the game is based on comics - Batman does suddenly wake up one day and decide, "I think I'll be a fire tank today, or maybe ice". While power changes occur occasionally in comics, they are by no means as common as in this game.

I can see the reasoning behind switching (and even an in-game "excuse" for it - exobytes are unstable), but it's just not for me.

Also, when I create a character, the name and the power are often connected - don't see any justification for creating an ice character with acrobatics, naming him Spider Fridge, then changing him to quantum, celestial or fire powers.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

My main as you can see in signature is Earth. And do not plan to change! (until I can make a temporary change to get the T3 armor and a few other styles, but made it back to earth.).
    However I have other characters with other powers.
    Each character has its history and character. And the power is used for this.:)
  4. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Your welcome. I do enjoy destroying the FOTM powersets in damage out that people switch to. Cookie cutter players make me laugh.
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Reasons people switch
    • To try out new powers [I am fine with that]
    • They like that power [I am fine with that]
    • They just want to Lol around [I am fine with that]
    • Switch because you find out its FoTm and overpowered [Lost all due respect from me].
    Its not the matter itself but rather the principle of why you are switching.
    I will go thank players who bought Pre-Nerf steel and were using him every match because he was FoTm Thanks for the advice!.
  6. DaTruthBeTold New Player

Using other powers especially new powers allows you an edge on pvp since people will be using it with the FOTM thing. So knowing the attacks first hand is great to knowing your opponent's next move.
    • Like x 1
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

D'oh! Stupid typo... :mad:

Batman DOESN'T suddenly wake up one day and decide, "I think I'll be a fire tank today, or maybe ice".
  8. WayneEnthusiast New Player

This right here. I've been fire for the 8 months I've been playing this game. Still am.
  9. the swoosh New Player

you got your power from a exobyte or sumthing, now i know they didnt actually put it in the game lore but you could also just imagine they at some point reverse engineerd the exobytes to make it possible to switch powers or sumthing like that lol XD
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

" ur welcome "

playing since 3 years now my mainchar and i was using only following powers : fire, electricity, gadget, rage
  11. devildevil50 New Player

I never used respect power token, EVER. I only bought some dlcs to "unlock" content and to also explore the power, and have fun with it.

Right now I got 1 quantum, 1 celestial, 1 rage, 1 hard light and 1 nature. I like all of them, being the most played my quantum and my celestial, sometimes rage too ^^
  12. Rich Homie Quan New Player

I too make alts, never used a power respec token either...

But people that constantly complain and whine about "FOTM" players, are imo, wayyy more annoying than power hoppers.

It's like that vegan friend that constantly has to remind everyone that they're vegan... Yes, we get it! You've been "XX" power since day 1. Cool! now shut up and play!
    • Like x 3
  13. Rich Homie Quan New Player

The same people that make a big deal when a guy creates a female toon... I don't actually think I'm my dcuo character, I don't pretend to be them or even make them look like me. I just make a toon that I think looks cool and can have fun with and enjoy the gameplay.

The fun police is in full effect in this thread
    • Like x 4
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not everyone is chasing FOTM. Personally, I got tired of leveling an alt with a new power. I have leveled over 24 toons to lvl30 (deleted quite a few of them). I got tired of seeing the same missions, of not having my favorite styles (gear and weapons), or being so underpowered. So instead, i've changed some of my alts, from top to bottom at higher CRs. And I continued to do so until I found something that fit. Because I did that, I started to play more support roles...something that would NEVER have happened with my main, Khalon (DPS for life). When I did change Khalon's powers from Earth it wasn't because I was chasing the scoreboard...I did it mostly to not see that loading screen that I started seeing in the Nexus raid (had no choice but to PUG...had no league at the time). It wasn't until I got close to my current league that I didn't have to worry about this crazy community slowing down my progress. That's why I went back to Earth about a month or so ago before Earth got looked at by the Devs.

I never viewed my actions as chasing FOTM...it was more about chasing what would keep me having fun in this game, while helping support the game I love. And when new powers come out, i'll try them with my well developed alts...because I really don't want to go back to leveling a new toon, doing that now. Stuck at Lvl17 because I just can't be bothered to get him to 30 just yet...i'm more interested in running with my leaguemates at the top end instead (while also trying to finish certain hard to complete styles...damn you Heartshard shoulders), and now getting Prestige.
    • Like x 3
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes in my PoV, people who change to a power because it is OP is a sign of weakness.
  16. Rich Homie Quan New Player

Wow, talk about ego :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  17. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

18. Rich Homie Quan New Player

Reminds me of a friend of mine... He kept switching from job to job every time another company offered him more money. He ended up making alot of money and enjoying life.

He said to me "Why don't you ever leave your job for a better one?

I replied "I've worked at McDonalds since day 1, and I'm not about to switch!"

lol
    • Like x 3
  19. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

But if he could and it was needed he would, the Bat is all about the right tool for the job. There probably is a Batfire Tank capsule on one of those belts.:p
  20. Octantis New Player

I don't run alts. I've invested too much time into farming collections and styles that I have no desire to do that on multiple toons, and when I start up a new character I immediately miss all the style options I have on my main. So yeah, I buy power respec tokens.

I've switched to every power, but never to get more DPS. I'm a support player first and foremost.

The reasons for switching powers is usually to play a power I've never played before that I've wanted to (haven't touched Rage yet for that reason), or because I'm annoyed at my current power - either the role isn't in-demand, or a mechanic has been annoying me (such as getting interrupted all the time while trying to heal with Celestial combos).

Nature is my favorite power, but in order to gear up in T6 I had to switch from being a healer to a controller.
    • Like x 1