Thankyou players who don't switch powers every few months

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Axel7822, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Nitefelina New Player

I started gadgets and I'm gadgets now. Sometimes I just get bored of the same old same old. So next I'll probably be Sorc again so I can heal.

I don't switch just for the DPS, I switch because I want to do something different with my off role. I can only Tank, Troll, or Heal for so long before I'm bored and want to do something else. I'll always have my chart topping DPS no matter what power.
    • Like x 1
  2. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I have never ever used a power respec token. Sorcery for life!
  3. Archangel Rafael New Player

baloney. FotM players switch for one reason only: to be more uber. Throwing all form of fiction adherence into the trash can because uber-ego-IRLEET is all that matters.

"everyone enjoys... blah blah" is no rationale. Just a weak defense for FotM'ing players who can't admit that their gaming is ego driven and therefore being uber is all that matters to them.

Ego-driven gaming is lame therefore FotM'ing is lame.
    • Like x 1
  4. La Shark Dedicated Player

Im kinda missing something here.

1. You state people change powers to dps better. I agree with you here.

2. You state you're a mental controller for 2 years. Here's where im lost. You're a controller equating ur self to dps.

Maybe im wrong, i just don't get it. Ur a controller, mental to be exact. Why would u a controller change powers if ur not dpsing?
    • Like x 1
  5. thelight420 New Player

I just switched to get some feats and right back to quantum... Forever quantum....
  6. GammaGreenLantern New Player

I see where people are coming from that they like changing powers, just personally I don't support power respec tokens because it kind of encourages the devs to OP certain powers for a while then nerf em down for a big profit....not saying that's what they do but it really does make good business sense if many peope flock to the FOTM power... and especially since it doesnt cost alot to update a power compared to a new DLC lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Fire Rules!

Many months ago now I switched to Mental to get troll styles and that took a couple of months, then changed to Sorcery to get healer styles and that took a few more months and I couldn't stand it anymore and changed back to fire before finishing the healer styles.
    I do like other powers but Mint was not a happy giant green chick not setting things ablaze. I got to where I didn't even want to play and just logged in Thursdays to try my luck.
    I have since gotten the styles I still needed but I can't use them of course because they are for healer but I put them in my bank to remind myself of those dark times and why I should never take my girl's flames away again:)
    • Like x 1
  8. Caligulus Committed Player

They pay for convenience - it's a lot faster than redoing everything.

Personally I wouldn't waste the money, but if you can't really understand why people want to spend the money they have and obviously want to spend in order to skip hours of leveling and possibly weeks just to get to the same point they are at with their main character - only with a different power this time, I don't know what to tell you.

Keep in mind it has nothing to do with immersion, don't think everyone is playing the game as you are, some people just like how the game plays; personally, I picked it up just on the fact that it was free, I know nothing about superheroes other than batman and superman mostly, the rest are from that justice league show on cartoon network when I was little.

Yeah, its their fault if they're mad when a new power needs changing, but they wanted to spend the money and them being mad is just irrational when a change inevitably comes, but you still can't just hate them because some don't have the time/ don't WANT to spend the same time playing through the same game just to (again) be at the same position but with a different power.

If you've stuck with your power from the start (like me) then that's great, but it has no effect on others' cash and wants.

Who cares how fast you leveled your alt? Who cares if you've been some other power from the start, and who cares what you think about how people spend their money. Why you're mad that there are people doing something you won't is beyond me, and them.

Again, not everyone wants to create a super hero of their own. They're just playing the game and getting the strongest stuff to progress,. It's nice if you feel accomplished with your "character" but like in any mmo, many people are just playing for playing's sake.
    • Like x 8
  9. Lycan609 New Player

Started out with Nature till DLC 2 came out. I made a new toon with Elec and loved it,staying with that power till Celestial was released.
    Will be Celestial until either a Necromancy power gets released (hint hint devs) or servers shut down. :)
  10. VintageWine Dedicated Player

I have no clue what FOTM means. Can someone enlighten me a bit on that, and, I was quantum troll for a year and a half, then after awhile I got bored with it, decided I'll to to HL to see how that would go for me, I got bored of HL and fed up of trolling all together, then I changed to rage to try DPS and I am having a blast with it! :) I don't follow the whole nerf and revamps, and I don't even have rage crash in my loadout, so I have no idea what's going with that + I really don't care and can't be bothered to follow those things.

Seriously, what is FOTM? o_O
    • Like x 1
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Flavor of the Month, Its when something is either new or so absurdly better that everyone switches to it.
    Rage was a hardcore FoTm, Steel and John were FoTm.
    Eventually Devs destroy the FoTm's and replace them with new ones.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lycan609 New Player

Flavor of the Month
  13. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

I for one never change powers, I just make new characters.

I have from time to time thought about changing a characters powers (mostly my electric girl) but to me the powers are apart of who they are.
  14. Metrioned New Player

Nothing wrong with doing what you want with what you have. People like to throw around ''its not within the lore'' or ''b-but thats not how it works''. No, thats not how it works for YOU not for the next person. Let people buy what they want and be who they want, games are for fun and if switching powers is a way to create a more enjoyable experience then let them switch powers.

Besides the only ''FOTM'' thing is WM.
    • Like x 5
  15. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

For my self having 12 Characters T5+

I dont switch powers.

I switch characters.

Funny, I pug alot, you'll never know who I am. Just that random overgrear role player in you que someday:)
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I was mental for two years, with a name like mine I was obliged to switch when Quantum powers came out.
    • Like x 1
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Well ive switched powers 7 times in 2 months. Now that was on my 2 alts and once on my main. I played HL for 14 months until they completely ruined it. I didnt switch right away either, i gave it a go with the new HL but hated it so i went to quantum and troll mostly on my main now. And the other 6 switches on my 2 alts? That was because i wasnt sure what powers i wanted to play so i tried alot of em and i settled on nature and ice for tanking and healing as i liked those the best. For me its all about having fun and playing a power i enjoy and it keeps the game fresh. When u have 4 toons all 106cr the game can get stale. I will say i wont be changing again anytime soon unless we see a new power in the game.
    • Like x 1
  18. Quantum mercenary New Player

It amazes me how a thread like this even starts who cares who switched powers for any reason this is a game a form of entertainment if that is what one chooses to do then good for them if not Also good for them. It has no effect on anyone when people respec and spend their money on new powers and to judge someone for doing so is lame. Until you pay those peoples subs and bills stop worrying what they are doing especially when it has no effect whatsoever on your gaming experience.
    • Like x 7
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly and thats also why we have a test server. When rage came out i went on test and tried it and like it so i decided to make a rage alt when it hit live. Ive never changed that toons power as it has the fun factor and speed that HL used to have. Idc about the dmg it does, it is nice if u know what your doing, but for me its about playstyle and i loved the speed of HL b4 gu36 and thats gone now. Closest thing to it is rage imo.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly :)
    • Like x 2